noob looking to start

Gambrous

Hi guys, I am completely new to airsoft and decided to hop online to find out if anyone can recommend how to get started and to see if anyone knows a place near me where I can do airsoft.

So to introduce myself I live in Bridgend (South Wales) and have never really fired a true airsoft gun before. I have never done anything like airsoft before but I love the look of it and really want to give it a go. I'd love to also hear the best way to get started in airsoft and if anyone lives in or near Bridgend and/or knows a great place that would welcome a noob then let me know.

Hi Gambrous

check out the following link for skirmish sites. 

http://www.airsoftmap.net/Skirmish/ 

My advice is to find a local site, check out their website and attend a skirmish. Hire a gun and they will provide face protection. Make sure you're wearing comfy boots and take a pair of gloves that aren't too chunky. 

Don't buy any kit - save your money until you know what you want and you won't know this until you have done a few games and had a look at other peoples kit and guns, what works etc. 

Players in airsoft are generally extremely friendly, they love talking about gear and guns, 99.9% would chat to new players for a long time and asking about gear and guns are great conversation starters. It might seem like everyone knows everyone, that's rarely the case so have a chat during breaks. 

Attitude is king - not gear. Getting stuck in and having fun is spotted and makes it even easier to have a chat, getting hit doesn't hurt much, so don't be afraid of it! When the adrenaline and blood is pumping it's really not bad! 

Have fun! 

Attitude is king

Have fun! 

ive stripped the above post down to the 100% most important parts :D

Have fun and most importantly beyond all the gucci gear beyond the bragging rights of the best shot ever is stay safe. Get some good eye protection before you get anything else.

Archived