Reliable, low maintenance CO2 Glock replica

ardrummer292

I've got a TM Glock 17 which served me well for all of a couple months before the front of the slide blew off. After swapping the slide for a spare Army G17 assembly I nicked off a friend, it worked for another month before light striking most every shot. After cleaning the entire hammer housing and installing a GunsModify zero hammer, it worked until all my mags decided to leak uncontrollably. I then borrowed an APS ACP CO2 magazine, which seemingly totaled the gun.

I am omitting the months it sat in my kit bag, unable to be used due to cold weather.

Suffice to say, I'm about fed up with GBBs.

Before I offload all of my gas pistol accoutrements, is there a CO2-ready airsoft Glock replica out there that is reliable and requires little maintenance? The Stark Arms Glock with APS ACP magazines seems to be my best option as of this point.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stark Glocks have also got their issues. To this day, there is no Glock replica that runs on CO2 reliably. There is a facebook group for Stark Glocks and I see such failures that never happened to TMs or others. VFC sadly still uses inferior materials.

One thing for you to check out: Ra-Cr@p made CO2 magazines for the KSC Glock series. KSC has got a much better construction than the TM only their hopup is bad. If those magazines are okay and you can hunt some down, that might be your solution.

Or build the internals of an APS ACP into a Gurader Glock frame and a slide of your choice.

I second the KSC g19, they are bomb proof. They lack the trades and accuracy of the marui but built much much better. Evo2 hop is a good option for them. The ra tech co2 mags are also a good option.

Also I wasn't aware of the ACP being guarder compatible, that would be a cool idea. ACP have a good reputation and seem to hold up well to the co2. I have never seen or held an ACP so can't tell you for sure about there quality, but reports are good. Can someone please confirm that an ACP can be put into a guarder lower and slide.

I don't know what they changed, but all the ACPs I have shot don't recoil as well as any of the classic KWA glocks i've shot. I dont know what KWA changed internally. And the acp slides are definitely a different material than the classic KWA glocks. Not as beefy and has a weaker recoil spring.

Makes me wonder though how well it would do with some guarder upgrades and co2 on the newer platform. I would still be afraid of cracking a cylinder, but its worth a shot.

If I made another $100 a week, I'd test it out. But I need to sell things.

Hell, an acp grip with a glock slide might even look pretty good too.

Edit, massive confusion on my part, confused the KWA ATP with the APS ACP. This idea may still work though.

The ACP is basically a TM with some changes. Back there when I thought their mags were good I planned to make such a fusion. Then 3 from 3 ACP magazines broke and I abandoned the CO2 project. So i have no solid info about cross compatibility but with the righ tools (like money, will and a workshop) anything is possible.

The Airsoft Surgeon and Guns Modify nozzles could withstand CO2 in my TM G17.

I'm honestly not worried about recoil, range, or accuracy. I just want a sidearm that will go "bang" in all weather with minimal maintenance. I'm getting back into the support gunner role, which means that the importance of a sidearm is greatly magnified. My local site has a fairly extensive MOUT section and has a 30 foot MED rule for full auto only weapons (although I tend to transition at 50+ feet for politeness' sake). I have been nicking rifles off dead players when the engagement ranges get close, but I feel that isn't a sustainable option.

The other sidearm I'm considering is a Glock AEP. The electric pistol, while a bit anemic in the muzzle velocity department, would seem to deliver the reliability I'm looking for. I really don't want to sacrifice the realism of a GBB, but I'm having difficulty believing another GBB pistol purchase won't be a waste of money.

Had a look at the asp web site because this thread got me thinking. In now under the impression it would be an easy task. Hell they even sell marui glock frame on there sight for use with the acp. All parts that might need replacing in the future are available from ASP web shop. Including o rings and mag parts. I'm very close to trying this out. I would even say the guarder +2 mag plate would also work.

I have always wanted a co2 glock, the WE's are not reliable on co2, Marui's with upgrades still mange to destroy themselves. KSC ra tech mags are actually ok apparently, I just had so many fail products from them over the years. So this seems like a viable option.

Sorry for the double post, all. It seems I can't edit my previous one.

icolater, maybe I'm being nitpicky, but I noticed that APS doesn't explicitly state that the "TM-compatible" Glock lower they sell is for use with the ACP.

Despite this, I'm trying to research APS ACP/TM Glock compatibility. Unfortunately, I'm having little luck. One site says they look "remarkably similar" internally, but don't go into further detail. If I could buy an ACP, gut it, and put the internals into my existing TM lower/Army slide, I'd be quite happy. This is all assuming that the ACP is actually decent long-term and the mags don't out on me, of course.

There is no guarantee that they are cross-compatible. It would make sense they are and their recoil spring guide worked in my TM. The ACP is not that expensive, I have wasted more money on CO2 magazines (WE, Stark, ACP) and recoil spring setups than what that gun costs. Now I would just buy that and try it.

Speaking of APS magazines, the outlet valves went wrong. Much better design than WE's but not that bombproof like the one of a GHK M4 CO2 magazine...

Sorry for the double post, all. It seems I can't edit my previous one.

icolater, maybe I'm being nitpicky, but I noticed that APS doesn't explicitly state that the "TM-compatible" Glock lower they sell is for use with the ACP.

Despite this, I'm trying to research APS ACP/TM Glock compatibility. Unfortunately, I'm having little luck. One site says they look "remarkably similar" internally, but don't go into further detail. If I could buy an ACP, gut it, and put the internals into my existing TM lower/Army slide, I'd be quite happy. This is all assuming that the ACP is actually decent long-term and the mags don't ###### out on me, of course.

Yea it's all speculation at the moment, as I have never even seen an asp acp gbb in the flesh. I was never really bothered by them as it thought they would have a proprietary system and also thought they looked weird. It wasn't until this thread that I started to thinks about marui compatability.

But on there site they sell a good few parts that they stat are compatable with similar systems. Including a bbu, slide, barrel etc. making me think this is compatable.

But in saying that would this be a better option then a KSC G19 with evo 2 hop and ra tech co2 mags.

I don't know, I have a couple of ksc g19s but never ran them on anything but green and in my opinion they are by far the best airsoft glock option for build quality a reliability. Just for reference I also have a few stark glocks that look so real and the attention to detail is second to none but perform like compared to my ksc's and marui g17 which is expensive to upgrade and still not as reliable as my ksc g19. I had a hk 3p glock as well, I would rank that on par with the marui glock.

If I undertand correctly, it should be posible to make TM style Glocks reliable with the appropiate reinforced aftermarkets parts. The weakest one being the BBU, correct? 

Good CO2 magazines seem to be the missing factor.  @emp3ror86 or others, please could you detail the specific weaknesses of the currently avaliable CO2 mags ? While there is no a perfect stock solution avaliable, maybe there is a way to make one of them good enough.

I know WE mags are...

• No more powerful than usual green gas mags. Good for reliability, bad for heavy slides.
  • Botton hex screw cap made of soft metal that can become useless after a few capsule changes. For now I'm just very careful, but Ra-Tech makes a "reinforced" replacement that seems a long term solution.
  • Valves are not the best design, but leaks can be fixed with proper o-rings or sealant (For now)
  • Weak plastic parts, like lips and followers that break easily with rough use in the field. Being TM compatible, can be replaced with KJW parts that are cheap and have much better durability.

Not ideal by any measure, but they seem to work. Admittedly, I've not run hard at all yet my TM/PGC/KJW  G17. Barely a few hundred cycles since last year, half or more with green gas. But I would like to shoot it more and make it reliable enough to compare to a KJW 1911 with newer KP07 CO2 mags (the gold standard of GBB pistols for a lot of experienced players I know).

At this point, I'm struggling to find any model or brand of CO2-compatible GBB pistol that would work for me. I just want the pistol equivalent of my two Krytac rifles: load it up, use/abuse it for the weekend, then throw it back in the kit bag and forget about it until the next weekend rolls around. I manage to skirmish between 4 to 8 times a month, which is quite demanding on most replicas. My CA Minimi eats up all the maintenance time I have available.

Why can't handguns be as easy as AEGs? :(

Well, I think the design of the nozzle is the weak point. There is one point where the nozzle would get such high stress with CO2 that it breaks, that is how my Airsort Surgeon super hard nozzle broke. So I think a G18 would be a better donor.

I am not sure you can make any of those magazines workn on the long run but my best advise is to get one and test. :) The designs might have even changed since then.

I am sure we will see good CO2 guns within a few years.

At this point, I'm struggling to find any model or brand of CO2-compatible GBB pistol that would work for me.

Right now, the closest thing would be a KJW 1911 or MEU with the KP07 CO2 magazines. Cheap TM clone with plenty of spare parts that can also be bought directly from KJW. Not the best looking 1911*, but the important thing is that the metal alloy they use is much more durable that others (WE) . The newer magazines are usually reliable out of the box or can be fixed. Of course it still needs regular maintenance checks (regreasing is critical in CO2 guns), but those are usually workhorses that last years.

*(also rebranded with a bit of makeup by Socom Gear (Les Baer Ultimate Recon) , ASG (STI Tac Master in black or tan)...etc, and the expensible steel RWA Nighthawk Custom GRP uses the same mags)

However, if you truly want AEG-like reliability in a handgun above anything else, get an AEP. No really, I'm serious: a CYMA or TM USP or G18C with a LiPo battery has decent trigger response (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtyDGvgw0p8  , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3qp9coOfus ) and needs almost zero maintenance (just barrel cleaning). The only real con is the low 200-300fps, but the full auto capability makes for it as backup guns.

Hell, the only reason I don't go back to KJW 1911s or AEPs, is that I'm stubborn and I too want a reliable CO2 Glock...

Archived