WE Airsoft is looking for ideas

Mike_West

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about some sci-fi gun? Pulse Rifle? E-11 Blaster or some other Star Wars blaster. Disney has the license to Star Wars now and as far as I can tell, they haven't forced any company with their license to raise prices so long as it's done well, like how Bandai got the license to make model kits that are still under 20USD.

FAL, G3, SR-25. Something that they can shift a lot of boxes with. The esoteric designs that many have suggested have little chance of making it into production with a company such as WE.

Agreed. Start by suggesting things that more than just one person wants to see made. The Makarov was the really obvious one - there are millions of them around, it suits virtually all Eastern Bloc impressions, and nobody was making one. In fact, a PM (to complement the PMM) would still be the really obvious handgun suggestion if WE hadn't decided that a brown grip on the PMM's frame was close enough and KSC/KWA hadn't released their attempt in the interim.

The G3 is the next obvious platform; millions of them were made, lots of armies used (and still use) them, there are interesting variants people want to buy based on them (PSG-1, HK51, MSG90 etc.), and there's poor representation of them in the current market. The TM version is approximately 10,000 years old and creaks like an elderly person getting out of a chair, nobody makes a GBB version, and WE already makes similar parts for, and can just borrow the overall design of, their MP5s. The SR-25 is also pretty obvious; it's popular with Special Forces - which is all you need, really - and nobody makes a GBBR version.

Suggesting 'Borchardt C93' or 'Welrod' is a waste of time; there's clearly not enough of a market to make it worth anyone's while to create airsoft replicas. Nobody makes a good Hi-Power, for God's sake - those are like the handgun equivalent of the G3 in terms of how many were made and how widespread their use was. If WE can't be bothered to improve their Hi-Power, you can rest assured they're not going to design a bolt-action pistol just for the two SOE impressionists that want one.

Yeah, I always wondered if it's possible to strap 6 AEP gearboxes inside the "barrel" of a BFG3000, each inner barrel with its own tracer unit. 

I'm sure it can be done. Someone made a Spartan Laser out of 3 V3s each with an independent barrel and tracer unit.

Anyways, making Star Wars blasters right now would be a go to thing, especially with the new movie coming out. That means the market would extend past us airsofters and into cosplayers, replica collectors and so on. If the blasters are good enough, Disney could even use them in future Star Wars production.

Making star wars based items would land them in a lawsuit with Disney, a company that feircly defends their IP. Imagine all the problems with Umarex and HK, but with a company significantly larger and with much more money to spend.

Aka: Star wars knockoffs arent gonna happen. WE isn't a small manufacturer who only sells products at flea market stalls.

And look how fast those Halo aegs dropped from the market, its highly doubtful that they would want to make a model that's already had troubles, and for a game that's only very popular in the West.

If everyone were to email them suggesting an FAL, or a G3 or whatever, they might get the message. But all the suggestions for unsaleable and unmarketable models doesn't help anyone. WE least of which, if they are actually looking for ideas and not just good PR.

If any suggestion has a hope of being taken seriously, it has to be something that will sell a lot of units, fit into their existing manufacturing capabilities ( so probably no shotguns or revolvers and such) and not get them sued by the patent holder (Like the Keltec rdb might be a thing since they've worked with Keltec before, doesn't mean it'll sell though).

Basically the best bet is to stick with common rifles or pistols made from ww1 up until the end of Vietnam. Those would all mostly like be out of patent by now.

I recon they should do a deal with activision and make some call of duty inspired guns. Also there 1911 range could do with a update, maybe co2? Some hk flavoured handguns would be nice, a p30 please. Maybe a colt saa peace maker and a few modern revolvers. A gas based shotgun like Marui's. A high grade line of AR 15s with cnc receiver and steel parts.

I think the message from most on this thread is:

Don't waste this opportunity by asking for silly things. Let's actually get some easy to make stuff done!

And whatever you ask for, WE will still just make a load more M4 variants because they're the #1 seller. They do some interesting handguns - new P38 looks nice but no one has the Steel Finish that WE were showing off... Their GBB range is also decent in terms of scope.

I'm still waiting for another L1A1, Lee Enfield springer or C02 / gas and have been for years... WE like all other manufacturers will just make what sells. And I can't blame them for that, given the tooling costs.

I definitely support the G3 series AEG and GBB.

And in length of that, G33 series.(G41 anyone?)

the FAL, yes when it comes to GBB, there are already 4-5 AEG brands depending on the ACM rebrand.

I would also take a look at the Galil Ace series... .

I would like a Galil ACE and/or an X95(more gbb bullpups pls), hell an F2000 or Aug is fine too. Umarex just sitting on the IWI license doing nothing wothwhile with it(why not have VFC do something other thank HKs?). :/

They could also try the P90 again. As for a pistol: HK VP9. Well that's just my wish list, I don't know if they will do any of that. :P

If they don't want to do a sport/proline range, how about an 'upgrade in a bag/box' type of thing.  They sell the base models to those that are happy with them and if you don't want a gun with internals made of cheese, you can buy the upgrade kit from the factory.  All nicely made in steel.  Hell, they could make them in an to order basis.  They lose no money making an expensive product that some people will never buy but allows other more discerning users to upgrade out of the box in one easy step.

Disney has actually be giving all sorts of companies a license to Star Wars. But anyways, I still stand by an SL8 kit. No need for a need gun, just new furniture. An SSR kit for the Scar H. P90 needs to come out. And lastly, try doing an AUG para. When does the patent to the P90 and AUGs expire anyways? Aren't patents usually around 20-25yrs?

And WE needs to just start putting steel internals in. I recently picked up another AK74U and it came with WE's new steel parts. No need to worry about finding rare aftermarket parts nor sloppy tolerances that end up breaking the trigger box.

Archived