HwaSan double barrel shotgun APS shell conversion mod

blobface

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he is right it could not easily be adopted. But that being said, I think it is a great project. Always wanted a over & under for airsoft. There was a cap gun toy with shells and ejectors in decent quality made back in the 80's. It was quite small though about 60% or so. But if you could find that you could probably just replicate the mechanism in a larger scale.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes but if you want to keep your inner barrels youll need to cut the breach sleeves down and move your inner barrles back towards the shells. Putting some 22mm plastic pipeing around the black rubber bits that seal the shell to the barrel as a spacer. Its easy to do. But if you dont want to keep the inner barrles the sleeves and the extractor will work fine plus you can still use aps shells as well. 6mm Inner barrles will give you more range with the pps shells but smooth bore sleeves will give you more shell options.

You can by spare mags for the xm26 if you wanted more. How is the xm26 any way? Good reliability? It could be a good base for a shell ejecting aa12 if you could attach a pneumatic piston with a remote line to the cocking handle and build a drum mag for it.

I have got an extra buttstock from a Winchester Xpert m96 which would require some modification. My plan was to modify it so I would have a side by side long barrelled full stock scattergun.

Since I found a Hudson I didn't really need it.

A large part of the mechanism resides inside the stock which makes it difficult to fit. From the look of things I think something like a savage 311 stock probably would fit even better. But I am sure that I would mean a whole lot of work. Maybe you can tell us how you did it SVman? + maybe a picture?

Well i took the lazy route it costs somewhere in the region of £500 to have a shotgun blank stock profeshonaly chisled to fit so i just choped and glued a stock to the pistol grip . Step 1 aquire someones battered old pigeon gun stock from local gun shop for a fiver. These only end up in the bin when someone gets a new stock so if you ask nicly it may even be free. Step 2 offer the new stock up to the exsisting wooden handel and use a permanent marker to decide where you want to cut and join. Step 3 use a very fine toothed hacksaw to cut the unwanted section off both stock and handel. Step 4 put sand paper on a flat hard surface and sand both joining surfaces until compleatly flat and polished smooth. Step 5 offer the two pieces up to each other again and using your permanant marker and a straight edge draw two lines on the outside of the wood to mark the angle you want to drill into both sections for dowles. Step 6 drill two holes in each piece of wood the same diameter as your chosen dowel using your external pen lines as an angle guide. This way your dowle holes will marry up. Step 7 cut dowel to apropriate lengths, fill all 4 holes with wood glue and make a ring off wood glue around the perimeter of the two sealing surfaces of wood. Fill the area inside the outer ring with a genrouse amount of super glue. Inseret your two pieces of wooden dowel into the holes and push the two halfs together. It helps to leave it in a clamp whilst the glue sets. Step 8 sand the *suitcase* out of the exterior. If youve bought a cheap battered stock like i did it will be covered in chips, holes and scratches. Sand sand sand until your happy with the look and do the forgrip too. Step 9 varnish with a deep coloured wood stain. This will cover the fact that you have just glued two different wood types together and make the whole thing look like a swanky piece of mahogony. Step 10 screw on shock absorbing butt pad of your choice. I used one off an old acm m500 stock but any will do. Step 11 wax and polish. Your done

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I'd printed a hammer that reaches the firing pin of the APS shell, however due to the spring strength it wasn't able to make the round go off, I bought a set of new springs which was incorrect, so currently in trial and error mode to try to find the right spring that would give the right power. 

Archived