FNX 45 Black 174$ with free shipping

chas

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listed as Other, Toy gun / part, $10 USD.

Are you a little

post-1015-0-27272900-1374801930.jpg

?

Anyhows. Got it just now form the post office. No taxes or import fees. Means I am a very happy man. Here is a quick price comparison of my options; 

FNX 45 GBB Black pricing comparison

EBAirsoft - $173 USD with shipping included = $173 USD + customs and import tax (30%) = $224 USD

KIC Taiwan - $140 USD list price -> approx $160 USD order price + $35 USD EMS shipping = $195 USD + customs and import tax (30%) = $253 USD

Most Asia stores - $225 USD + $35 USD EMS shipping = $260 USD + customs and import tax (30%) = $338 USD

Local store - 1995 SEK = $245 USD

nx_fnx_45_bk.JPG

Just played with it a little bit just now. All ambi controls work. Double action trigger pull has a nasty snap to it when it breaks which makes it hard to hold on target. Common on most airsoft DAs though.

Covered in thick goo posing as lubricant :P

Needs a good strip and clean.

But, I will admit this, after having gotten one, for the price I did, and playing with it a bit, it feels OK. Maybe I am imagining things but it does feel a little bit sturdier overall than the TAN i felt up. But that could just be me telling myself things. Will have to take a closer look and so on. Oh and the grip didn't hurt my hands as much as the tan one i handled. Not sure though. 

Definately strip and clean is step 101 because it is gunked up!

So yeah, my FNX hate-o-meter has dialed down a bit . I wonder why? :o

lol 

Haha. Maybe 1/10th of that amount of flex when I try to squeeze it with my child like hands :D

Found a few things after playing with it some more.

In the ejection port left-hand side they have laser engraved "Licensed by FN Herstal". See reference picture here : http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/pistols-gbb-smgs/cybergun/cybergun-fnx-45-tactical-gbb-pistol-black.html#.VedSNvmqpBe

Can't recall seeing that on the tan one anywhere?

Will try to remove with some nail polish remover or cover up with Birchwood pen.

The slide lock has a tendency to hang up on the frame when trying to power stroke the slide due to the left-hand side release button being pressed against the frame side. Can be fixed by bending the arm a bit I suppose.

Double action trigger pull ended up getting stuck in half-cocked mode a hand full of times when dry firing it with a very slow and steady trigger pull. Tried to figure out how to replicate it but I can't.

I might be imagining things again but IMO it feels like they have rounded off the grip texture a little bit compared to the tan one I handled. It physically hurt the palms of my hands after handling it for just 10 seconds. This black one I have been playing with for much longer, and although it is aggressive it doesn't feel as bad. Not sure.

Magazine drop-free seems random-ish. Left-hand side button more so than right hand side. Again tried replicating this consistently but can't. Probably will get better with clean and re-lube and wear in.

And on that topic, inserting magazine does not really give a clear satisfying tactile click but a very diffuse "hurp" :P

Guess you gotta Costa-slam that *suitcase* in there! :D

Over all, again possibly imagining things, but it feels marginally more solid than the tan I handled. Might just be it was a worn display item.

And to reiterate again, the slide finishing and markings scream "cast molded" from miles away, even the serrations. But whattayagonnado. 

Slide color is a bit too perfectly matched black to the frame. Real one appears to have a slightly different grayish sheen on the slide itself. I.e. the slide and frame match too well in terms of color.

Trigger pull in SA has little to no feel on the break.

Safety and decocker work well and as expected. But decocker has no real tactile feel to it when using it. You only get the feel for when the hammer drops and sets in the half-cock position.

Again, the "lubrication" used from the factory is just a joke. Looks like they used lard or something, horror show :o

All over, even in the lower internals :(

Anyone have a disassembly guide? 

It feels pretty light for how much is on it and how big it is.

RMR cover plate lifted right off when hex screws were removed, no problem!

A1A RMR sight is not direct mountable.

Hmmm... what else... 

Yah slide racking and releasing still feels meh-ish. Could be due to the "lube". Will try another recoil spring in there since I hear this has pretty good gas efficiency out of the box.

But, the main positive, which was a big concern of mine until I handled the tan one in a local shop: It does not feel as big and uncomfortable as it might look to hold and handle.

Full ambi controls, RMR ready, raised sights, threaded and thread protected barrel, interchangeable backstraps, tactile magazine floor plate, safety and decocker and picatinny rail. Most tacticool gun out of the box so far for sure :D

Just to make you aware NonEx - it is not RMR ready.. Have a read through my review thread there is an adaptor that you'll need to install the RMR. Not sure if you know that.

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/213682-Cybergun-VFC-FNX-45

I've got both the FNX and mount en route.. Hopefully have them soon! Have also got my cerakoter on the ball for refinishing the slide in a greyer colour :)

Yah I was aware. Just figured I would try the A1A.

I did remember reading when it first came out there was some ACM RMR that was direct mountable. Will try to find that again.

Otherwise I shall purchase myself one of those nifty adapters! :P

You still got your tan one? Would be highly interesting to see a direct comparison if there are any differences or not.

I have the first batch of the FNX-45 in tan and it does not have the laser engraving in the ejection port, I heard that the second batch has it... Have the same problem with the double action trigger pull getting stuck in half cocked mode, you have to pull the trigger perfectly to make it work. I thought they would fix that problem in the later versions, guess not :/

The Azimuth RMR mount is the thinest one I know of so that is the one to get if you want a decent co witness...

Yeeeh. Tru tru. Amongst other things...

BTW another plus. I like the stock sights that the white inserts are semi translucent or has tiny holes in the. So they are white and bright but in the dark light comes through them. Just noticed when pew pewing in front of the TV :D 

Bit of an impulse buy since it's not a handgun that interests me very much, but just bought one from Airsoft World. It's the black one, first I've seen in the UK, and £157 seemed like a fair price. Not sure what to expect, quite a few conflicting reviews, but I feel it may end up like the KJ P09 Duty - seemingly well made, cool design......but annoying mechanical issues that ruin it. 

First impressions are good. Seems pretty well made, could maybe do with a heavier recoil spring judging from feel when you rack it, but it does  job fine when shooting. I'm actually very impressed with the combination of kick, cycle speed and efficiency considering the size and weight of the slide. Probably the most satisfying metal slide GBB I've owned to shoot, I'm using Guarder Power Up. No hangups or issues shooting at all so far, unlike the P09. It comes absolutely covered in 'lube' that looks/feels more like double cream. Trigger isn't great, it's not very precise and feels a bit bendy firing in DA, but it's ok when shooting. Overall much better than the P09, I did have to take a knife immediately to the grip spikes though, too pointy! Had the same issue on my FN57, quite uncomfortable to use otherwise.  

Mine is here, mine is here, mine is here!!! :D

First impressions are that is does in fact feel more solid than the FDE I had and sold to the top bloke above. And I also noticed that the front sight has the white ring but no clearish inner.. It's solid black, will investigate when I get a chance tomorrow :)

But for now, it looks damn sexy with my OSP suppressor and I don't think I'll be putting a RMR on it! Would quite like to see if I can either modify some RS standard height sights to it or 3D print some :)

Archived