Double pouch for a 21mm torch and multi-tool.

Tommygunn

I'm after a double pouch for a 21mm diameter torch and Leatherman Wave multi-tool in a similar style to a Blackhawk double mag pouch, see below. However, the size needs to be reduced by about a 1/4 to a 1/3 to snugly fit the items. As anyone come across such a pouch?

Tom.

P1140652%2025%20cut%2024bit.png

Could use either a HSGI double pistol taco or Blue Force Gear Ten Speed double pistol pouch. Although neither are like the blackhawk pouch they would both securely hold the items whilst giving quick access to them.

If not, I have seen pistol pouches identical to that with the rear of the flap secured by Velcro so the height can be adjusted but I can't for the life of me think what brand they were. Could be worth googling it and trawling through pictures.

Joe

Wally,

Thanks for those pointers. I'm not keen on the Blue Force stuff as it looks a little weak and is lacking a securing flap. The HSG double pistol Taco pouch is quite nice and even though they don't have flap closures it seems that if I were to remove the plastic side pieces then I could probably tighten up the cords to secure a torch and multi-tool without fear of them flying out. However, they are pricey!

Tom.

Hey Tommygunn,

I've got both the pouches I recommended. I've used both for holding multi tools, magazines and torches and both do so securely. The Blue Force Gear pouches are bomb proof. I'm using them as my current magazine pouches and the draw is quite stiff and I've never had any problems securing them. The elastic is considerable more durable than it looks. The benefit if these are they fold flat when not in use and are incredible light.

The HSGI pouches are also very secure and require the kydex insert to be left in. These are a more heavy duty pouch and the tension of the pouch can adjusted to hold items very securely. If you require extra security you can add a loop of bungie to the top like other open top pouches. HSGI sell these.

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the help but it turns out the answer was staring me in the face all this time and it's actually my Blackhawk double pistol pouch.
I did several mods to it:
Removed the original hook velcro on the flaps and replaced with longer pieces.
Removed the grab tabs on the flaps.
Removed, cut down and re-attached the molle attachment straps.
Pinched in and stitched at the top of one of the pockets to comfortably hold a torch.

As you can see I've only got some props for the tools which are as near as accurate as possible but the proof will be in the eating when my LM Wave and torch arrive.

Tom.

P1140697%2025%20cut%2024bit.png

P1140693%2025%20cut%2024bit.png

P1140692%2025%20cut%2024bit.png

P1140698%2030%20cut%2024bit.png

Archived