Rifle and pistol lights. Rechargeable?

Lone_Bullet

Like title says:

I'm looking for good quality rechargeable weapon-lights. Preferably real steel.

Rifle as well as Pistol. Quite tired of buying CR123's €5 a piece and RCR123 don't exist from a reputable brand.

It rules out a LOT of brands I'm aware. Sure-Fire, Inforce, Insight, Streamlight. They all do CR123 but not rechargeable.

Am I wishing for a unicorn here? :)

Ps. I know G&P makes them, but I've had 2 hand held lamps ( 500lumen LED and incandescent Scorpion types) but they both had weird tailcaps/ function clickbuttons. 

They were good searchlights, but worthless weapon-mounted.

In the meantime, you can get cheap CR123s from places like Bangood, Deal Extreme e.t.c. just check through the reviews to find decent ones.  Have to wait ages for shipping, but cheap as chips.  £3.45 for five.  Sure, maybe don't run them in RS lights but decent enough for clones.

This might be of interest, USE (A British mountain bike parts/wares manufacturer) makes some bike lights which run from CR123s, they sell disposable batteries for them as well as rechargables and chargers which are made for them, or at least rebranded, given they're regarded as one of the high end manufacturers I'd think they took the time to source decent batteries for their lights, especially as burn time is so important with them.

Shipping might pose an issue to Belgium, but they might be able to go by surface mail or be available there anyway.

A few links to said batteries and chargers,

http://www.wheelies.co.uk/p74983/Exposure-CR123-Charger-and-Batteries-pair.aspx

http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Exposure-Lights/Spark-Flash-Flare-CR123-Charger-Battery-Set/3YY

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/exposure/rcr123-rechargeable-batteries-ec043047

http://www.vanillabikes.com/products/exposure-cr123-uk-charger-and-batteries

That actually might be an answer, yes! Thanks a bunch, Rob!

ED-Scar, aren't around the same price as CR123?

RC, Shmook, I had them as well, from a G&P weaponlight. Didn't last 2 years, fully loaded they worked 3 minutes last I tried them. Recycled them by now... That's why RCR123's aren't my thing anymore.

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I've worked it out :)

• 2 weeks later...

whoa Ed, seriously, I never checked if they were rechareable. No need to get al funky :). Just checked price since I though they were disposable one-use-only cells. I'm sorry man :)

Okay, good tip. I could try em just as Big Al's 16650.

Torches will be Inforce when money is available and Night Evolution M900 .

Update: I was on the verge on buying these 16650 ( 18650 can be too wide, apparently ) But then I thought ' hold on... '.

one of these 16650 are capable of replacing 2 RC123a's in series, which are 3v Li-Ions. 2xRC123 means you get 6v... and still one 16650 gives 3,7v?

Can anyone explain to me why this would work? It is seriously underpowered!

As for now, the hinted RCR123a's are the solution, recharged with a smart loader ( yup, you can charge 'em with your Turnigy or IMAX B6 charger ^^ )

Most of the CREE LED bulbs take a wide range of voltage, usually from 3v to 12v. Obviously there is an output difference so putting 3.7v will be dimmer than the usual 6v. 16650s only hold more charge, not voltage like the difference between an LR44 and a AAA.

The rechargeable 123as don't really hold all that much mAh, usually 600-800 despite being labeled as being over 1000 so don't expect them to last as long as disposable ones. Just get more for spares.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived