Helmet Pictures Thread - part II

Finally mounted headset to the rail, the headband was giving me headache badly.

ufZbW9C.jpg

BTW, POV camera incoming... need counterweight / NV battery pouch for external battery.

Looking at the TT / MilSim West battery pouch  :unsure: that looks best suited for the exact purpose and it's not expensive.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Something a little different    

Updated my brain bucket with some FMA nonsense.

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's a dragon red OPS core helmet , the lower face guard was on ebaybanned for about two or three days if that and I was lucky enough to catch it ! The lense is a motorbike iridium visor dremel'ed down to fit then I've attached the visor to the helmet with slots cut in to it just below the helmet brim which I've slotted adhesive Velcro through so it's easy to change it out for a clear visor I've got .

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More pics of the FMA PVS31:

485863IMGP3998.jpg

Weight comparison:

-PVS31:
410699IMGP3999.jpg

-PVS18:
185017IMGP4000.jpg

-PVS15 (TMC):
596770IMGP4001.jpg

I was surprised by the weights actually, I was expecting the PVS18 to be the heaviest and the PVS15 the lightest.

Concerning the global quality, the PVS15 come at the last place, but both PVS31 and 18 look great. I even tend to prefer the 18 over the 31.
But the poor quality of the PVS15 is also a strength in the sense that you can paint it and modify it without feeling guilty.

Also, the PVS18 and 31 are both made by FMA, but their mounting base are a bit different in sizes. The PVS31's base is a tiny bit smaller, I had to put one layer of electrical tape to suppress the wobbling.

• 3 months later...