A&K SR-25 DMR Project

Amenthea

Ok, so I've had this A&K SR25 under my bed for like 2 years or something, and never used it as it was firing hot (about 370) and slow (on a NiMh 9.6).

I've now got it into my head to do something with it, and I want to make it into a DMR for woodland games.  I'm pretty interested in dropping in some sort of mosfet for the single shot (so it can be reversed if need be at some point).

I'm planning on getting the mini-T connecter swaped over for deans, but I think I need to upgrade the motor as well.  Has anyone got any experience in working on this model and which mosfet could do the job?

(There seems to be an awful lot of choice in this area now since I last looked).

Thanks

The motor should already be a blue capped Neo high torque motor, which would be great for DMR work.

The biggest issue with A&K SR25s is that they use a propietary hop-up rubber and unit which won't seal well with aftermarket hop-up rubbers. Which is a problem as the standard one is wank.

Here's what I'd reccomend:

1) Prowin or Element copy hop-up unit (drum style)

2) R-hop/Flat hop
3) PDI 6.05mm tightbore of the appropriate length (if you have the full length full stock SR25 you'll need a 509mm long one)

OR

Prometheus 6.05x509mm ASH or BC Bright barrel
4) SHS SR25 gearset (slightly lower ratio than stock for a better trigger response)

5) Standard 3034 based FET, high quality wiring and Deans connectors

6) Sorbo on the cylinder head and adjust the AOE

7) CA/SHS/GUARDER SR25 air nozzle with an o-ring
8) Radius the gearbox shell

9) Appropriate spring for whatever power level you're aiming for
10) 11.1v lipo of the appropriate size

I'm not running Lipo's atm, but 9.6 Nimh's.  I don't want to be underpowered but I also don't want to replace chargers/10+ batteries if I can help it as I'm happy with the performance I get on my other AEG's atm.

That's not a huge list of things, and can be done in bits as a find the parts so very doable, thanks very much.

I'm not running Lipo's atm, but 9.6 Nimh's.  I don't want to be underpowered but I also don't want to replace chargers/10+ batteries if I can help it as I'm happy with the performance I get on my other AEG's atm.

That's not a huge list of things, and can be done in bits as a find the parts so very doable, thanks very much.

Then you'll never get the best performance out of the gun. Using a 9.6v nimh in this day and age is tantamount to hamstringing yourself because you don't trust running shoes designed after 1975. And then wondering why people are overtaking you in the marathon.

Hobbyking do batteries and chargers for very cheap.

For example: http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11954__Turnigy_nano_tech_4000mah_3S_45_90C_Lipo_Pack.html

£25 for a 11.1v 4000mAh 90C battery which will fit in a full stock and last for a whole weekend.

They do a basic charger for about £10, and a more complex smart charger for about £20ish.

Archived