WE Makarov PMM

Mafioso full steel PMM...! Looks great (probably too good for the model it tries to replicate), and the safety / decocker doesn't currently work, received a lemon... lol but for what it's worth, Mafioso is sending and requesting pictures and videos to troubleshoot with me, I think the chance of me having to buy a bunch of parts from KIC and just switching them out is high.

20161005-084957.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks to RC's recommendation, Bakelite grip installed on the full steel Mafioso PMM.      Don't have the "right" silencer yet... 

If anyone needs bakelite grips, Baikal makes em for gen 4 MP-654K which are basically what WE copied. Needs some work to fit, mostly at the back to seat deeply enough but not too big a problem with a

To set things straight, the WE Makarov is based on Baikal's 442, one of the commercial iterations of the PMM or modernized Makarov pistol. Some people seem to think that the only PMMs in existence are

Posted Images

One minor niggle--the decocker will fail if I don't apply it quickly enough.  If I sneak up on it, it does not decock the weapon.  If I try it again, sharply, it works perfectly.

I know it's an old post, but as it is a recurring issue, guess I'll post the solution: 

The decocker issue is really the slide locking short, 1mm or less out of battery. Happened on mine when I first go it (second hand), as it was really, really dry. Some lube here and there immediately fixed the issue.

Try pushing the slide forward before engaging the decocker and I'm sure it will work.  Or just keep your gun well lubed to prevent it from locking out of battery in the first place.

--------------

Man, that "Mafioso" version is extremely good looking :D Check if your decocker issue is not due to what I just posted ;)

Edited by Dimitri MdP

Check if your decocker issue is not due to what I just posted ;)

I fixed it! Turns out the "decock screw" was bent, this was because the "knocker lever" (the lever that lifts the knocker when safety is engage to prevent disacharge) was not actually engaging the valve knocker, as a result the first few times I used the safety, it actually fired the gun, forcing the slide to go back while on safe, damaging / bending the decock screw, rending the whole safety mechanism out of action. I re-engaged the "knocker lever" and straightened the screw, all good now! 

Edited by blobface
  • Like 1

I've been on the edge for buying one of these, but I like to shoot my pistols a lot and have been concerned about how these hold up. Overall, do you feel this was a worthwhile buy? My ultimate plan is to weather it (as in the earlier posted pictures).

I have 3 of the WE P-38's and they are still going strong, so I'm starting to wonder if WE has finally turned the corner on quality control.

Man, this is hands down one of the very best airsoft pistols ever. Nothing ever breaks, the hop unit is the very best design I've ever seen, accuracy and range are quite decent for the size, and they kick like a mule.  Really, really good design.

Just make sure to superglue the barrel assembly screw as shown in the initial post and it will hold strong forever. The rubber buffer renegadecow used is not needed at all imho. The OEM plastic one will take quite a beat and even deform a little, but that won't affect performance.

• 5 months later...

Mafioso full steel PMM...! Looks great (probably too good for the model it tries to replicate), and the safety / decocker doesn't currently work, received a lemon... lol but for what it's worth, Mafioso is sending and requesting pictures and videos to troubleshoot with me, I think the chance of me having to buy a bunch of parts from KIC and just switching them out is high.

20161005-084957.jpg

Got any good videos of it firing? Standard 14mm threads?

In my experience, the WE fitted all holsters. Even rigid, plastic ones like Stich Profi's Alpha (best holster EVER) and the ultra tacticool EFA-2. The KWA did not work with the latter, slide is just a tad too narrow.

Thanks Dimitri, I have fobus and the Stich Profi Alpha for my KWA, good to know it fits them.

Got any good videos of it firing? Standard 14mm threads?

and yeah blobby been salivating over your steel Mafioso, how does this thing shoots ? very little out there review wise or on youtube. Torn between buy the Mafioso or this : http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=51_297&products_id=21337

Are you guys spying on me? I literally received my holster today, had to make a round hole near the end for the thread, which by the way, is standard 14mm- threads.

20170404-191506-%281%29.jpg

Kicks pretty hard for a little gun, haven't actually used it properly and can't say what the range is like, but I doubt it'd be any different than your usual WE PMM as the internals are the same. Will use it this weekend since I now have a holster! 

• Like 2

Err it's neither, the barrel is sort of cut off almost half way where another section threads on, which has the 14mm- thread at the end of that, so currently there is no way to have this gun without the thread, and the original suppressor / inner barrel combo doesn't work on it. I will have another section made out of steel so I can revert back to a barrel without the thread when I want it in that configuration. 

Are you guys spying on me? I literally received my holster today, had to make a round hole near the end for the thread, which by the way, is standard 14mm- threads.

Kicks pretty hard for a little gun, haven't actually used it properly and can't say what the range is like, but I doubt it'd be any different than your usual WE PMM as the internals are the same. Will use it this weekend since I now have a holster! 

Yes ;), been stalking you here all over the place since you've been posting pic's of all steel beauts, thanks ever so much for the video bud, it's elevated it from a maybe to a must have. 

Edited by k.a
  • 5 weeks later...

In my experience, the WE fitted all holsters. Even rigid, plastic ones like Stich Profi's Alpha (best holster EVER) and the ultra tacticool EFA-2. The KWA did not work with the latter, slide is just a tad too narrow.

Good to see that I'm not the only one with questions about the guns compatibility with real holsters :)

Just posted a preview of my upcoming video where I try out a WE Makarov in a EFA-2K holster.

gif_week3_v11.gif?w=775

The video will be out in a week, followed by another WE Makarov video.

• Like 1

Looking forward for that vid. And BTW, if anyone knows a good source for EFA holsters, that'd be certainly welcomed. 
----------

In a completely different topic, yesterday I've tried the Maple Leaf I-Key as a workaround for the lack of decent hop. It fits the hop arm just fine, but it's a little too narrow to really click in place and prevent it from lateral movement.

Ended gluing it to the arm and it works wonders. Coupled with Maple Leaf Crazy Jet 84mm and Maple Leaf Autobot 60º bucking, now I have the most accurate airsoft pistol I've ever seen. Couldn't be happier about it! :D

If anyone needs bakelite grips, Baikal makes em for gen 4 MP-654K which are basically what WE copied. Needs some work to fit, mostly at the back to seat deeply enough but not too big a problem with a Dremel. Best part, only $24 shipped!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Baikal-MP-654K-1-4th-Gens-authentic-handle-/162500257004?hash=item25d5c524ec:g:A0AAAOSwU8hY4-kN

16298694_10155697949970744_2199420206174

• Like 5
  • 4 weeks later...