Full metal Colt SAA revolver

harborne blue

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like these are the .177 converted. Because both Ehobby and redwolf calls them "custom".

But they got rid of the .177 trademark...

Makes me wonder if I can purchase the regular .177 cartridges and convert them myself to 6mm

Purchased 2 from redwolf... Nickle and blued steel version. Are these made out of steel or pot metal??

I feel like these are the .177 converted. Because both Ehobby and redwolf calls them "custom".

But they got rid of the .177 trademark...

Makes me wonder if I can purchase the regular .177 cartridges and convert them myself to 6mm

Purchased 2 from redwolf... Nickle and blued steel version. Are these made out of steel or pot metal??

From my contact with Umarex, they seem to be genuine, but Asia release only.  That might explain the "custom" label.

Mine is a .177 I converted to 6mm airsoft with a working R-hop.  I use Dan Wesson 6mm powerdown shells.

The guns are not steel.

Damn... Makes me wonder what alloy they use... I'll see how they perform ootb without any hop... I bet I can still shoot 4.5mm steel bb's...

When I did the first non-hop 6mm conversion on mine, the shots hit the ground about 15-20m away at best (250fps).

Having R-hopped it, I can now reach beyond 40m with 0.20s, 0.25s drop at about 40-45m.

With modified shells (320 fps measured with 0.20g), 0.36s and 0.45s go beyond 40m.

Would you be willing to do another rhop conversion by any chance? I really want one but the range is putting me off majorly.

I've only done 1 so far.  I'm going to make another barrel set in the next day or so to see how long it takes from start to finish.

TBH, it's the R-Hop patch that is the hardest part.

Would it be the "antique" finish version that you're after?  I might be persuaded to sell the one I already have done. ;)

Posted · Hidden by crackisbad, March 3, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by crackisbad, March 3, 2016 - No reason given

First post and it's about a company selling a product.

My spider senses are tingling. . .

Edit:- also, you joined today. Oooooooohhhhhhhh.

got them in today... the box literally says it's for airsoft umarex, so it seems to be legit. These things feel pretty heavy... so showboating is gonna be hard :P

Yeah, I got confirmation from Umarex in Germany that the 6mm version is legit.

They also said they were only available in Asia, with no European release planned.

And they don't have hopup.

Archived