review; MP7 B&T Rotex II suppressor replica (CM)

The B&T ROTEX II suppressor for the MP7

Is designed in order of Heckler & Koch, by the Swiss Brugger & Thomet, the renomated designer , and maker of tactical gear.

B&T actualy, exist out of two divisions, a trade,  and a manufacturing division.

The trade division is mostly focused on the domestic military & law enforcement market.

While the manufacturing division, is mostly know for there MP9, but they are also very good with silencers.

They do R&D work for H&K, sureFire, Aimpoint, H&K suppressors for example are completely made by B&T.

So altough this ROTEX II has H&K markings , its just a B&T  :) 

The Rotex II is made only for/and can only be used with,  the MP7.

Which on its turn, is used by various SOF units, like the German KSK, the French GIGN, the Norwegian SOF.

But most "epic" users are DEVGRU most likely.

The MP7 became problably more famous, and popular , thanks to this epic loadout photo , from the book No Easy Day.

j5Y7AqP.jpg

There are some airsoft manufacturers , who make replica's of this suppressor.

I have this model from Airsoftpeak , he comes in an "unmarked" plastic bag , but he looks very similar to the Angry Guns . :)

Most likely a typical clone, from copy of clone  of clone story ?

R5D9i1m.jpg

This Airsoft silencer is full metal , very nice made, and detailed, comes complete with a 14mm CCW flashider .

The can can easily be unscrewed, without tools, where we find the internals, existing of a spring, and a series of foam rings.

vVAHHST.jpg

NhlwtoM.jpg

On the can we find "almost" acurate markings , here for comparison the original markings (in black)

24267d1409493357-notes-mp7a1-armorer-cou

1NRq4rR.jpg

The QD system, is a simplified version of the real, original one, we see this mostly on airsoft suppressors, this to avoid high production cost, for a system,  that is useless on an airsoft replica.  

The original system is a kinda complex , turning & excentric system.

With this QD system, we find a ring that can be moved sideways, and is springloaded.

When we push this ring aside, we clear the opening so that the flashhider can be entered.

when we  release the ring , a latch on the ring falls in the groove of the flashider,  so that the suppressor is axialy  locked.

Notice that the silencer stil can turn, there is no anti rotation feature.!

4M3rAJ5.jpg

dljdoul.jpg

tbN3cMn.jpg

qXwMii6.jpg

aHyTOUY.jpg

e7wu5yx.jpg

MXUhCvi.jpg

sPiEfdN.jpg

Beside they also come in black 

3856-.jpg

May i invite you guys to follow me to my MP7a1 Navy build, where i wil show how i wil integrate this suppressor into my build .

Edited by aac
  • Like 1