90's to modern gasmasks with BB protection?

Lone_Bullet

Actually the design is in a way that when you want to line the gun up with your cheak, even with both canisters on the gun stock will fall between the gap of the canister and the visor, if it makes sense.

I have used them plenty of times during training, just hard to remember you have big chunky thing on your side that you cant see..

Ah, the old 90 degree head tilt. You look like a muppet and your shooting (unless you have a 19inch long neck like a swan creature) will be degraded.

Both cans can be removed

If you remove both, you won't be able to breathe (See: autoeroticasphiciation)

I tried one of those a while back in the mall,

For me the size was a bit small on me, more of large for me than medium, the mesh does withstand bbs and so does the plexy..

But i found you still have fogging but if you turn both fans on that goes, but if you run one fan theres not enough venting to clear the fog from the visor.

So anyone thinks of running one with plexi clear visor on; you are screwed..cus you will get fogging BIG TIME..

The fans are normal computer cpu fans, they have one speed but quiet which is good:

Only moan is straps..they are *suitcase*, they come undone very easily..so they really need rethink that..

1 Million dollar question "would i use it all the time??"

Hard to say..if you want a zombie hunter or SAS loadout it works..like said before aiming is hard..but i am not 100% on the straps and how they last in the long run..

Personally I wont wear it cus its too bulky for me, but its all about preference.

• 2 weeks later...

One way to wear a gas mask to a skirmish is to go "Stalker"-like and use a russian style mask with the hose connected to some kind of fan assembly carried in a pack. Like my fan in the filter idea, but with more power.

Still, GP5s are some of the worst masks to wear...

:)

Archived