Doing pushups til you *fruitcaging* die

Hardcore1-6

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Say you want to become a professional airsofter. What would your training routine be?

Without wanting to sound unpleasant.

Having gone from horrendously unfit to moderately fit, I can say that if you want to be fitter than 90% of airsofters than you just need to be fitter than 5% of non-airsofters.

My training routine would be: Go for a walk every now and then.

That said, I have never heard of professional airsoft, if it paid enough for me to quit work I would train every day to be the fittest, baddest MFer in the valley of the shadow of death.

I would run even more than I do now, loaded with max rig weight and do Speed - Agility - Quickness plyometrics with a rubber training rifle.

Here's an odd one.

I have been taking it easy on the bike and doing more weights recently.

I have made a 100% improvement in leg strength and as of today I have lost 20% of my cycling power.

What the *fruitcage*?

I did squat yesterday so that could be what it was.

Hi I'm Alex, professional airsofter. I was the 4th man on the replica balcony during the hypothetical hostage crisis

Honestly, any form of cardio is the best way to get fit enough for Airsoft. Strength doesn't matter for the majority (although endurance does to a degree, depending on what you're carrying etc.). You need to be fit enough to sprint for short distances, go crawling or climbing over obstacles. HIIT might be a good shout.

What I forget is that not everybody is my size.

I am 6'2" and nearly 100kg.  Squatting 87.5 is nowhere near my body weight but for my gym partner it is 130% of her body weight.

I hit 130 for 5 reps on deadlift yesterday, she did 50 reps of 20kg in as few sets possible.

It was in her gym, a David Lloyd.  The roving PTI congratulated her but gave me an evil look for some reason.

I don't know what is going on there, probably hitting on her.  Everybody else does.

Lower body can keep going, upper body wants to die.

Push/pull ups are not my forte. Honestly I should be working out and stop smoking like a wet fire and drinking like a fish.

But I'm at that stage in life of idgaf, I'm going to get a membership card to the local Y because I have a job where in 2 weeks I literally get to do nothing for 4 months and still get paid.

I feel pretty smug now ^^

Anyway, I decided to play ball and overcome my shame. Without going to the gym, I recon pushups and squads will help me. For some reason I'm absolutely useless at crunches. Just got no abs and I'm pulling on my back trying to get up. Any alternate exercise for abs?

Leg lifts.

Here's an odd one.

I have been taking it easy on the bike and doing more weights recently.

I have made a 100% improvement in leg strength and as of today I have lost 20% of my cycling power.

What the *fruitcage*?

I did squat yesterday so that could be what it was.

Science.

You're recruiting different muscle fibres - you use slow and fast twitch fibres (simplified) so slow for cardio and fast for weights.

Is it continued cycling power? I.e power of time? or bursts of?

Science.

You're recruiting different muscle fibres - you use slow and fast twitch fibres (simplified) so slow for cardio and fast for weights.

Is it continued cycling power? I.e power of time? or bursts of?

Half hour warm up 20 minute max effort so just a quick burst.

Archived