Cybergun Colt 1911 Rail Guns.

BigAl

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

That stainless version looks nice.

My main concern as it's KWC would be lack of spares. I know several people who have broken loading nozzles on the .177bb Kwc 1911 and just can't find spares. Likewise, their Luger seems to wear the sear very quickly, and again no spares availability? Their parts don't seem to be cross compatible with any other guns?

I wouldn't really want a paperweight after 2-3k rounds.

That stainless version looks nice.

My main concern as it's KWC would be lack of spares. I know several people who have broken loading nozzles on the .177bb Kwc 1911 and just can't find spares. Likewise, their Luger seems to wear the sear very quickly, and again no spares availability? Their parts don't seem to be cross compatible with any other guns?

I wouldn't really want a paperweight after 2-3k rounds.

Aren't KWC TM clones ? for some reason I thought they were, shame as the stainless does look nice.

Their 1911's (and derivatives of..) that I've seen so far, are as far as I'm aware proprietary. Therefore, a simple failure like a sear or loading nozzle renders them useless. Love to be proved wrong, or if anyone has had any joy with spares, as like you guy's I like that stainless one.

Yah no KWC is proprietary system all the way through. KWC do have a website though, wonder if you can email them and ask for spares like with KJW?

http://www.kwcgun.com/index.php?option=com_b2jcontact&view=b2jcontact&bid=1&Itemid=137&lang=en

And to be honest, I am over the stainless one after Cyberguns trolling with the licensed Glock replicas for military use that turned out to be nothing more than rebranded Stark Glocks.

I am set on getting the RWA Nighthawk custom with the silencer. Just waiting on a deal/coupon or something like that :D

Yah no KWC is proprietary system all the way through. KWC do have a website though, wonder if you can email them and ask for spares like with KJW?

http://www.kwcgun.com/index.php?option=com_b2jcontact&view=b2jcontact&bid=1&Itemid=137&lang=en

And to be honest, I am over the stainless one after Cyberguns trolling with the licensed Glock replicas for military use that turned out to be nothing more than rebranded Stark Glocks.

I am set on getting the RWA Nighthawk custom with the silencer. Just waiting on a deal/coupon or something like that :D

Everyone who I know has tried, had no response.

Seems like they don't give a toss about customer service.

Dang, that's too bad.

I do have another suggestion though.

KIC Taiwan - Jessica. 

www.kic.com.tw

They can normally get Taiwan stuff straight from the factory. Worth a shot :)

Cheers buddy,

Worth a try as you say.

I'll pass it on and see if anyone gets a result.

Yep, more KWC garbage sold by Cybergun. 
They'll run OK out of the box, but there's pretty much ZERO support. So when it breaks and your *suitcasey* "warranty" is expired (or voided by some arbitrary nonsense), you'll be stuck with a paperweight. 

Lookie what we have here: https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.kic.com.tw/shop/index.php%3Fcat%3Dc242_KWC-------------.html%26XTCsid%3D780f2925a87a1a9094298c65fb0c4c47&usg=ALkJrhiudWa0YPIAEYnSwpEQr_biVS4oNw

KWC 1911 OEM spare parts from KIC Taiwan :D

Nozzle, piston head, nozzle spring and magazine valve.

I'm sure they can get whatever you need on special order too. But from what I hear the nozzle, piston head and spring are the most troublesome parts in the gun.

If its anything like the eliteforce stuff some friends and I have/had problems with the hammer catching up on the slide.

Barrel bushing being a pos, bending and cracking eventually jettisoned and parts go flying.

Non functional hopup, safty lever breaking off and no replacement valves. Had a valve take a on the first co2 bulb insertion.

Lookie what we have here: https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.kic.com.tw/shop/index.php%3Fcat%3Dc242_KWC-------------.html%26XTCsid%3D780f2925a87a1a9094298c65fb0c4c47&usg=ALkJrhiudWa0YPIAEYnSwpEQr_biVS4oNw

KWC 1911 OEM spare parts from KIC Taiwan :D

Nozzle, piston head, nozzle spring and magazine valve.

I'm sure they can get whatever you need on special order too. But from what I hear the nozzle, piston head and spring are the most troublesome parts in the gun.

Thanks for that mate.

I don't have any KWC, but that may be very useful to others.

Aaargh!

I am flip-flopping on this like a bad politician. This video made me want one again :P

It does look REALLY nice. And like I said before the options for getting something like this built are either close to impossible (flush fitting CO2 mags, or flush fitting gas mags that can barely shoot 15 BBs...) or very expensive in comparison. 

He says he got it for 120 EUR but it was a pre-order price from that site. Now they list it at 165 EUR, and original pricing of 195 EUR. I just cannot justify that kind of money for a Cybergun branded KWC 1911. 120 EUR I could accept, but not like 140+ EUR... :|

However, apparently the markings are actually engraved and he seems pretty impressed with the finish. As well as doing a comparison to his old KWC 1911 pistol as well.

On the other hand, the RWA Nighthawk Custom is pretty nice too and comes with a silencer, threaded barrel and thread protector for "only" 145 USD. Not engraved markings though.

Ooooh the humanity!  :P

"5 year grantee"...Yeah, go ahead and read that policy all the way through.   You'll find that it actually covers almost nothing and gives them a LOT of ways to claim you've voided it. 

One of the inherent flaws with KWC 1911s is the safety.  
In the video he mentions his older gun sometimes fires when disengaging the thumb safety.  It's SUPER common.  Rack slide, engage thumb safety, pull trigger, release trigger, disengage safety and the hammer will fall by itself even if the grip safety is not depressed. Which if you have a loaded mag in the gun means it will fire. 
I do find it interesting that for the new one, he sort of complained about not being able to engage the safety w/o cocking the hammer. That's how a 1911 is SUPPOSED to work.  So MAYBE KWC (finally) fixed the safety issue, but I doubt it.  

"5 year grantee"...Yeah, go ahead and read that policy all the way through.   You'll find that it actually covers almost nothing and gives them a LOT of ways to claim you've voided it. 

One of the inherent flaws with KWC 1911s is the safety.  

In the video he mentions his older gun sometimes fires when disengaging the thumb safety.  It's SUPER common.  Rack slide, engage thumb safety, pull trigger, release trigger, disengage safety and the hammer will fall by itself even if the grip safety is not depressed. Which if you have a loaded mag in the gun means it will fire. 

I do find it interesting that for the new one, he sort of complained about not being able to engage the safety w/o cocking the hammer. That's how a 1911 is SUPPOSED to work.  So MAYBE KWC (finally) fixed the safety issue, but I doubt it.

This^^

CRW showed it off with RS Colt grips and screws. You just have to file out the bottom to accept the wider piece that allows for the CO2 bulb.

Like I have said, getting a Colt 1911 airsoft gun that looks like this, and takes CO2, it's really a huge project so all things considered... Yeeeh... :|

Archived