Cybergun Colt 1911 Rail Guns.

BigAl

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For that price. Yerp :D

Well I'm going for it. Only downside is that $103 USD + $36 USD shipping + customs and taxes will end up being same costs as buying it locally ($175 USD). But if the packages goes through without customs and taxes it's a total of $139 USD which would be nice. So I am YOLOing it. Worst case it's +/- 0 in savings.

Yeah, ive been procrastinating!     Because I dont *need* any more guns,  and I cant play until probably middle of March anyway because of some mecation im on.

But it looks so nice.   :)

Can buy it locally for about £140 inc shipping, but thats a bit pricey.

edit - forgot to say, the jkarmy one is preorder for feb.  Saw that already.  I didnt really want to buy from tiger, their website runs so slowly for me.

OK just picked my stainless 1911 rail gun :D

No customs or taxes, yay for me!

But... I insta-broke it :P

FYI if you want to put in real 1911 screws, and rethread the holes (OEM screws are coarse thraeding, RS are fine threads), be aware that the inner frame is sitting behind the top two screw holes. So if you for example, as I did, put in a thread tool you will push the inner frame inwards, bending it, making it impossible to insert the magazine :P

I wanted to take the inner frame out to bend it back but the ambi safety appears to be glued or super tight anyways, so I will just try to bend it back as best I can and then file down what is left sticking into the magazine well.

Also OEM screws are short, match RS screws to OEM lenght! Otherwise same thing happens!

Enough about that.

Initial impressions; 

It's nice. As expected. Everything I have said about it is true. For $105-$110 USD it's a dang nice stainless 1911 out of the box. I would not pay more than $130-$140 USD for it though, for sure. It's still a friggen KWC 1911.

Stock plastic fake wood grips look pretty bad up close. I have a pair of RS rose wood grips and a pair of black airsoft tacticool grips that I am going to put on. Along with RS hex head stainless screws. Should be nice.

No half-cock on the hammer, as per original KWC 1911. No deal breaker but kind of sad.

Safety works as advertised, only can be engaged when hammer is cocked.

Ambi safety has zero play in it between the two sides.

No issues when testing if hammer drops when safety engaged and you play with the trigger.

Trigger pull is kind of stiff, but I like it.

Grip safety also works.

As with many 1911 models there is a slight gap on the right hand side between frame and grip safety. Again, no biggie.

Finish of the slide is excellent. Markings are very nice and crisp.

Slide to frame fit is pretty loose, as was the original KWC 1911 I had. So don't expect it to be like a custom built 1911 in terms of fitment.

Hmmm, what else... Not much really. It is what it is. :D

If you like the look of any of these Cybergun 1911 railguns, you should probably get one. 

The big selling point for me is that if you wanted to build a custom 1911 that looks like this, it would be a big and expensive project, and for TM based with gas only the gas efficiency is pretty bad. This is CO2 flush fit magazine out of the box.

Pics; 

nx_cybergun_kwc_1911_railgun_stainless_l

nx_cybergun_kwc_1911_railgun_stainless_r

nx_cybergun_kwc_1911_railgun_stainless_m

I tried rubbing it off with some alcohol but it is laser engraved in there so I doubt that is doable without refinishing the entire lower.

Uhhh, just noticed something strange. What the hell is up with that cut at the back of the slide on the right hand side ? :o

A rectangle cut out right above the safety lever... The lever rides outside of the slide so?

Derp ?

EDIT: Nope, my mistake. The safety on the right hand side does go into that notch. Never seen that before though. Kind of ugly to have that cut out there...

Truly ambi safety I suppose :P 

Oh dear, shame you damaged it.  Cant ask how it shoots not :)   

Does look nice, a different grip would make a difference, that woody plastic does look a bit poor in the pics.  That notch is a bit odd though.  

Still planning on ordering one, but im being and waiting for tiger to refund (hint hint tiger - click,click, click, refund done!!)

I know how it shoots already. Had 3 KWC 1911s in the past. Regret selling every one of them :P

It's super fun to shoot. Not very accurate (but not crazy bad either). Loud, hard kick, snappy, pretty good gas efficiency per CO2 capsule as well.

Archived