Cybergun Colt 1911 Rail Guns.

BigAl

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting!

Here is mine with some airsoft replica black polymer tacticool grips and RS stainless hex head screws. Instant improvement!

Also fixed my *fruitcage* up with the pinched internal frame. Pushed it out best I could with some pliers in the frame. Jammed the magazine back in and left it overnight, then just sanded down whatever was left protruding into the frame. Magazine is now a drop in and drop out fit as it was out of the box :D

Preview of RS wood grips in the front.

nx_cybergun_kwc_1911_railgun_stainless_l

nx_cybergun_kwc_1911_railgun_stainless_r

And here is how I modded the grips to fit; 

nx_cybergun_kwc_1911_railgun_stainless_g

I used a the top flat end of a Dremel cylindrical pink bit and worked it like a manual hand held router, eating out the plastic. Worked very well :D

yeah, that looks good.  Ordered mine from ehobby,  only about $8 dollars more than tiger.   But at least they have stock.

Undecided what to do about grips, have been looking at different ones.  So many nice ones :)  Apart from the ones that come with it.  They dont look so good.  Your wood ones look like they will work well.

It's a fake pin. Just an indentation in the frame.

Could contour it up a bit by gently rubbing around the outer edge with a needle file I suppose.

Surprised I didn't mess up the grips when working on them. Me and le tools are usually a bad combo :P

Oh one more small detail that I really like, is the slide release lever has the extended rounded edge on the right-hand side for easy no-tools required field strip. Hate when you have to get something to poke that sucker out!

Also noticed they added a red dot in the frame behind the left-hand side safety lever. Red means dead :D

I wish that the safety levers weren't glued together because I would like to mod the left-hand side lever a bit, making deeper indentations for the safety. It's not loose by any means but I would like it to click in and out of place a little stiffer. Maybe I can get in there with a file even without taking it off.

Funny thing, I had the BBU and nozzle out earlier today because I was wondering if a spring was missing from the nozzle, as the floating valve was just moving about freely. Apparently it just sits in there with nothing, no spring, no floating valve blocker. Don't really get how that works, but I guess it does.

Anyways, as I was cleaning up my workspace tonight I found a tiny metal pin on the floor. I was like, hmmm, that looks like a BBU return spring detent (?). Surely enough it had fallen out when I had it apart the first time. Now considering how dirty and messy my workspace is right now it's a miracle that I actually found it :D

Thinking I might put in a KJW OEM 1911 spring or a TM 150% one as the slide snappyness could be even harder (although it also has a spring around the outer barrel behind the bushing). I think I did that to one of my old KWC 1911s actually. With the force of the CO2 it can handle it no problem.

Funny thing, I had the BBU and nozzle out earlier today because I was wondering if a spring was missing from the nozzle, as the floating valve was just moving about freely. Apparently it just sits in there with nothing, no spring, no floating valve blocker. Don't really get how that works, but I guess it does.

Is I remember correctly, from KWC 1911, the floating valve moves forward like normal when propellant comes thru. Since the valve is longer then normal, is actually protruding out of the nozzle, in which when a new round is inserted it push the floating valve back, hence no spring needed. 

OK so I just dry fired mine a few shots and I remember why I love it so much.

Without exaggerating too much, my RA Tech Kimber Royal II on CO2, is super loud, and kicks hard. Let's say that's 100% on kick and sound. Well the KWC 1911s are without a doubt around 80% of that on both kick and sound.

Probably the loudest and hardest kicking gun ever, except for the RA Kimber as per above :D

*pew pew*

One more thing. The black grips I have on now slide around a bit because the inner and "outer" holes are a little larger than the screw "pin" and the heads. Will have to space that somehow. Preferably with suitable washers. Not too bad but annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

Both front and rear can be removed on my stainless model. No idea about RS sights.

Front sight is just pinned from what I can tell and has a bit of play in it. Worried it may come out due to recoil.

Rear sight has a standard screw in it from the bottom IIRC. Or maybe it was press fitted... Hmm.

They can be removed anyways.

Archived