• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never even realised you could do this... might make this the default even at the risk of being banned from forum. Also, the way you stuck the dragon through the thumb hole... looked wrong. 

Made a mistake. That part no.17 that broke which I mistook for a hammer and corrected as being a disconnector is in fact a sear, as in THE main sear for the hammer. So I don't know what's going on whe

Is it odd I'm trying to read the newspaper?

Posted Images

Good news: Following the video, I polished both surfaces of the trigger assembly to a mirror finish, applied a drop of ceramic grease to them and bent the ends of the transfer rod. Trigger pull is now light and crisp. Yeah!!!

Bad news: 3 of my 4 mags leak. Not from the square end but from the back of the brass cover that houses the outlet valve. Still trying to figure it out. Anybody here fixed it?

Sigh.....

The rubber sheet mod worked really well, which is actually kinda annoying, how does it take someone to come up with a mod that takes 15 seconds and a piece of rubber to fix a major functional issue that WE couldn't have just included in the 5 years they had is perplexing. And yeah, I've got two mags where the o-ring leaks now when inserted because the o-ring has been nicked by the previous misalignment before the rubber mod, flipped them around and added some silicone oil has temporarily fixed it. I think it's part no.136, the one that sits on the internal diameter of the brass part. Ordered 50 replacement o-rings... (I think it's 4.5mm ID x 1.5mm CS) Will see how they work.

• Like 1

The rubber sheet mod worked really well, which is actually kinda annoying, how does it take someone to come up with a mod that takes 15 seconds and a piece of rubber to fix a major functional issue that WE couldn't have just included in the 5 years they had is perplexing. And yeah, I've got two mags where the o-ring leaks now when inserted because the o-ring has been nicked by the previous misalignment before the rubber mod, flipped them around and added some silicone oil has temporarily fixed it. I think it's part no.136, the one that sits on the internal diameter of the brass part. Ordered 50 replacement o-rings... (I think it's 4.5mm ID x 1.5mm CS) Will see how they work.

Well probably because those are the dimensions of the real steel. The gap is present in real steel. However real steel mags are aligned by a peg in the receiver that goes into a hole in the magazine. I'd imagine a hole in the WE magazine would mean the peg would protrude into the bb channel. But you're right. Lot's of issues including this one should've been obvious after minimal testing. In fact in the prototype video when the guy ejected the magazine all the gas from the gun vented. Not sure if the one way valves are integrated into the prototype or they ran into the problem of stuck brass nipples. If it's the latter then just flat out ignored it and were happy with the gun working for the first 100 rounds or so.

Just something to be aware of, apparently someone locally had their hammer break on them. Initial complaint was loss of semi auto but with a broken hammer I doubt it would fire in any mode. No idea on how it happened if it was user error or a design flaw like on their AK.

Edit:

Sorry, not the hammer but the disconnector.

Edited by renegadecow
  • Like 1

Rather annoying, I got my mags BEFORE my gun's even arrived and one of them's leaking. It was o-ring number 135 which fits outside of part 132. The sides were nicked from installation at the factory as the shelf it sits in is pretty sharp. Not having a replacement (one of those really thin o-rings) I just degreased it and put on some sealant before reassembly.