• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never even realised you could do this... might make this the default even at the risk of being banned from forum. Also, the way you stuck the dragon through the thumb hole... looked wrong. 

Made a mistake. That part no.17 that broke which I mistook for a hammer and corrected as being a disconnector is in fact a sear, as in THE main sear for the hammer. So I don't know what's going on whe

Is it odd I'm trying to read the newspaper?

Posted Images

How does semi auto work on this thing?

The full story:

As I wait for my P90 to arrive from Uncompany (Thanks Bankz for the sale tip), I found a used, non-working one for sale.  It said it wasn't shooting, but since it was going for less than the price of the mags, I figured I'd give it a go.

In that it is used, I have no idea what has and hasn't been done to it.  But I do know that it was disassembled, since the previous owner painted the tan stock black.  He also installed one of the trigger bar spacer things, except installed it on the wrong side of the bar.  As a result of all of the tweaks and modifications, semi auto didn't function (pull the trigger and nothing happened).

The "not shooting" problem turned out to be the lever on the side of the "magwell opening" (for lack of a better term).  When the previous owner had reassembled it, he hadn't properly lined up the button that gets pressed down by a magazine with the lever that pushes the valve blocker out of the way.  As a result, the valve was always blocked, and could not be actuated to release gas.  Problem 1 solved.

I then started to look at the semi-auto problem.  With the trigger bar spacer installed the way the original owner did, the trigger bar didn't move back far enough with the limited trigger travel in the semi-auto position.  I then started investigating putting the trigger bar spacer on the proper side.  Based on a little bit of fiddling, I was unable to get semi-auto to work reliably.  Either the spacer was too small, didn't push the trigger bar back far enough, and thus didn't fire at all; or the spacer was too big, pushed the trigger back sufficiently, but appeared to only shoot full auto no matter the selector position.

I have only had this thing in my possession for about 12 hours, most of which I spent asleep, and I'm starting with an unknown quantity with a used replica.  Based on looking at the manual, and inspecting the internals (with only field stripping/removing the hammer assembly/etc.) nothing looks out of order, but I have no working example to compare to. (Just got the shipping quote from Uncompany this morning; I'd forgotten they still use the antiquated "wait for shipping quote before paying" system)

As near as I can figure out, it seems that for semi-auto to work, the trigger bar needs to move back a little bit to release the hammer, but not back far enough to engage full-auto.  Unfortunately, I haven no idea which piece is actually responsible for the full-auto/semi-auto cut off.

Thanks, all.

I'm going to investigate further, but figured that some of the experts on here might be able to give me some advice/insight on how the semi/full selector function.

• Like 1

Part nos.

-14 hammer

-17 sear

-20 disconnector

-24 not sure what this is called but it acts as a transfer bar tripping the sear and disconnector

On semi-auto, the sear is pivoted back, the disconnector pivoted forward. When the gun is charged and the hammer pushed back, the sear catches against the hammer. When you pull the trigger the transfer bar is pushed back which pivots the sear forward and releases the hammer. At this point the trigger and transfer bar should only move back far enough until the arm on the transfer bar just touches the disconnector.

As a shot is fired and the bolt pushing the hammer back, the trigger is still depressed which keeps the sear free. But the disconnector is also leaning more forward at this point so that the hammer catches it instead. As the trigger/transfer bar is let go, both sear and disconnector rotate backwards. Eventually the disconnector loses hold of the hammer but is kept from going forward all the way by the sear which is now in the original position from where we started.

• Like 1

Part nos.

-14 hammer

-17 sear

-20 disconnector

-24 not sure what this is called but it acts as a transfer bar tripping the sear and disconnector

On semi-auto, the sear is pivoted back, the disconnector pivoted forward. When the gun is charged and the hammer pushed back, the sear catches against the hammer. When you pull the trigger the transfer bar is pushed back which pivots the sear forward and releases the hammer. At this point the trigger and transfer bar should only move back far enough until the arm on the transfer bar just touches the disconnector.

As a shot is fired and the bolt pushing the hammer back, the trigger is still depressed which keeps the sear free. But the disconnector is also leaning more forward at this point so that the hammer catches it instead. As the trigger/transfer bar is let go, both sear and disconnector rotate backwards. Eventually the disconnector loses hold of the hammer but is kept from going forward all the way by the sear which is now in the original position from where we started.

Thanks!  This will be very helpful in my further investigation.

Looks like it is as I suspected, that there is no explicit linkage between the selector and the hammer mechanism, and semi/full auto is governed by the length of trigger travel.

Heh, finally got what I've been asking for. Something really broke this time but don't know if it's because of me (I barely touched the area) or that the pins holding it were starting to get bent and I may have inserted it the opposite way it was bent which caused it to fail. It's the disconnector, right at the hole where material is thinnest, and I mean really thin (the hole is only 1.5mm in diameter). It's a good thing I noticed it quick: the disconnector was leaning on one side so only one of the hooks was engaging which prompted me to look into it.

IMG_7774.jpg

I've done and fixed it for now. Drilled a 1mm hole through both parts at the lower break and joined with a 5mm piece of spring steel and super glue.

IMG_7775.jpg

Works well enough for now, but all the same I've ordered a spare as well as an extra sear just in case from KYAirsoft which has just stocked pretty much every part for the P90. Cheap too, cost me $21 for both parts including shipping.

Edited by renegadecow

Yeah, thought maybe it was a typo. At any rate, most of the other stuff is pretty reasonable.

Rounds fired before the "failure" I'd say around 3,500. Another thing I ought to mention is that the transfer bar movement is limited in its rearmost travel by the disconnector abutting against the sear. Before I came to know this I used to break in the trigger pack by pumping against the transfer bar vigorously so the metal on metal parts would smoothen out against each other. It's possible I may have over stressed the disconnector this way as well. Or the fact that the break was on the knurled side of the pin. Or just bad luck.

Ehh this gun still looks like a high failure rate :(

Will wait for more support.

Buddy got first batch, lol mag had a slight crack, ordered 3 mags after, all leak.

RIP.

Anyways that's me ranting, will see as time goes :3

Your kidding right?

For me its been WEs best release since the MP5. Mags leak but they all do, eventually. That said I think a there may well be a dodgy batch.

We bought two, bar a sticky nipple on the internal resovoir and some trigger bar issues they are excellent.

on my phone, my spelling will suck

I said recent WE GBBR. The SMG8 and this one are the worst. 

-Magazine leaks, and I don't get so leaked mag since a while, we or ghk. Even SMG8 or recent GBB don't have so many leaks.

-The internal gas tank leak, need to disassemble all the body

-The mag butt need a buffer to align the mag valve with the gas tank valve

-The gas tank valve is weak

-The bolt stop is a ... joke?

-Without modification, the part 98 let two bbs enter in the hop-up

-The trigger in semi is really too hard

-The part which should press on the bb release button is in "merdonium" like we say in French (this mean, really weak metal)

-The mag shell is in very weak plastic

-There are so many weak internal parts

-Performance are lower than a pistol for the moment

Sorry but for a so expensive, so waited gbbr, it's just not acceptable at all, and if I think as a beginner, it's just something which go to the bin. As I'm not a beginner, I know it's possible to do something with this gun, but it's lot of work.

See, if the gun is inherently flawed then we'd be seeing all that across the board. But we're not and some units are actually coming out with no problems at all. I'd chalk it up to typical WE lack of QC which isn't all too surprising for a new gun (and a completely new gas system at that) plus the fact that it's only under $300.

• Like 1

Yes like always with WE, it's random, some guns are fine, others are weak. It's not because it's common for WE that I will accept that, especially since the GBBR enter in the mainstream airsoft world ^^ They will release a Aug, I will see if they change something.

Btw, under 300$ for you? In my country, this gun costs 450$ oO

Jumping in from out of nowhere.

But, to be fair, the WE P90 is, dare I say it, "revolutionary". You have gotten a GBBR P90 SMG from WE after many many years of working on it, licensing and legal issues etc.

Almost all of WEs other products are clones, modified clones, or copies of their previously existing models, or modified versions of their own previous models. Hence why most of those, after years of refinement and feedback, work fairly well out of the box.

This is a brand new system and design, more or less. There will be problems and issues popping up.

If WE hadn't released this, I doubt anyone else on the market would have the balls to do it (proprietary P90 GBBR), considering how "complex" it seems.

But yah, also WE QC, not very consistent :D

I mean, maybe I am too naive and accepting of problems with these products. I know a lot of peoples perspective is, "If I pay full price for a product it should work flawlessly!". But, reality is not like that with these things. :o

Don't hate me :)

• Like 2