• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never even realised you could do this... might make this the default even at the risk of being banned from forum. Also, the way you stuck the dragon through the thumb hole... looked wrong. 

Made a mistake. That part no.17 that broke which I mistook for a hammer and corrected as being a disconnector is in fact a sear, as in THE main sear for the hammer. So I don't know what's going on whe

Is it odd I'm trying to read the newspaper?

Posted Images

The G39 and the SMG8 are the most playable WE gbbr out of the box, but only the G39 will work a long time ^^

Second that, although I'm not as sure about the SMG-8 as the G39.

The product is definitely not for the faint of heart.  Expect to make repairs and do service VERY regularly.  If this were a car, it would absolutely be declared a lemon.  If it were a toaster, there would be mass returns and the landfills would be teeming with them.  But being an airsoft product, apologies are made for it.

It is fun the shoot and it has the appeal of being the only GBB P90.  If it were an M4, NO one would bother with this siht pile.

• Like 1

Just want to make a quick follow up on Vasriotaep's video review and some of the workarounds I came up with.

1. Double feeding issue

The well known solution to this is to gently file down part no.98 at a steeper angle so that the bb has more space to sit inside the hop up chamber.  On top of this, however, I also found that lengthening the spring (part no. 99) by gently pulling it helps to further reduce the chances of a double feed.  You may find it difficult to reinstall after pulling the spring, so I advise using sparingly some adhesive to secure the spring to the nub first before attempting to put it back inside the hop up chamber.

2. No feed issue

This baffled me a long time until Vas mentioned it in his video.  He alluded to the protrusion on the hop up chamber being too low to push against the lever on the magazine that releases the BBs.  The solution he had involved using some material to increase the height of the protrusion, which worked for a while until the super glue cracks under the vibration of the bolt reciprocating during operation.

My fix was to pry part no.144 at a slight downward angle so it'll fully engage with the hop up chamber.  Use a pair of flat pliers and slowly bend the part using the magazine lip as leverage.  Keep testing as you do this to determine how much angle is needed.

I had BOTH these issues when I first got my P90, and I was about to give up and sell it. Luckily I had some online help and some luck!  Hopefully my suggestions will help you too.

Mechakon, your message fill my heart with lot of joy! 

It's exactly for this reason I make videos, I'm really happy to give you some solutions, and yours are just amazing! Lengthening the spring n°99 seems to be a very good idea, as for change the angle of the part 144 it's really smart! I'm sure that my fix with glue will not work a long time, as soon as it won't, I will try this solution!

I'm still surprised by the power of internet, breaking walls and frontiers, with this nice message from HK!

What I did was just to put a piece of rubber in between the reservoir and the bb channel assembly so the feed lips actually sits completely flush with the hopup unit. This also ensures that when you release the magazine that has bbs loaded you don't get a loose bb that might fall into the rest of the mechanisms that'll cause problems. However you wont be able to keep the dry fire function on the magazine as the switch will not be retained this way. I actually wouldn't recommend bending any zinc alloy either. This stuff don't take well to being flexed.

Edited by CaptCalvin
  • Like 1

Zinc alloy is actually quite malleable, and you're realistically only bending it around 15-20 degrees. There's plenty of give in the pop to bend that angle.

The one thing I noticed, though, was the occasional jam INSIDE the magazine caused by the tightened feed lip. What i did was use a small file to remove some material where the metal lever presses against the plastic.

100% feed; no double feed

100% bolt catch

Another issue I want to bring up is especially pertinent to users in warmer climate like myself in HK.

The inconsistent power I mentioned a few posts ago was partially due to the rocket valve getting caught inside the spring. This was remedied by bending the spring's circumference so it's less likely to get caught.

The other part of the problem is the weak hammer spring that doesn't allow the hammer to strike the valve hard enough. As there are no after market springs at this moment in time, I resorted to pulling the spring with a pair of pliers, and lengthened the entire spring by about 1cm.

+1 on the G39, had 3 of them in the past and cannot fault them. Well its a WE so it has faults but it is excellent for the price.

As for the P90, i am willing to give it some quite heavy leeway as it is a brand new, never thought of system which in its own right will come with its own issues.

Right now my P90 is solid, probs 1.5k maybe 2k rounds through with no major issues.

Biggest problem for me is leaking mags, though owning Gen1 WEs before im very used to it.

Plus soon enough there will be uprated parts for whats failing.

***Also think it would be very useful to have stickies within threads such as these. Not everyone has the time, not patience to read the entire thread for the mods n sods. Could sticky the important ones on the first page?

on my phone, my spelling will suck

I find the P90 to be very ergonomic to hold and shoulder.  My eyes line up fairly well with the height of the optic, so I don't have to purposely change my cheek weld either - which is a plus in my books!

I personally use a rubber stock pad instead of the original hard plastic one which certainly improves the handling a little bit, but its main purpose is to let me prop the gun up-right against a desk or whatever.

In defence of Machgo, your height and arm length will matter greatly on ergonomics. Even if you're holding it right, if you were as tall as say Darklite, it would force your wrist at a very uncomfortable angle to the point of actually cutting circulation. And even then, the P90 really was purposely designed short to fit in tight spaces. Also so it wouldn't feel too long when used in conjunction with body armor.

In fairness, though I have terrible terrible with p90s I've found that I also have the same wrist pain issues with traditional rifle stocks, say like on the m14.

I think it's probably because I've broken my right wrist twice and had it put back together several times, so there's something about that grip angle that makes it a no go for me.

I did, however, find that I was simply unable to comfortably use the standard p90 sights or a micro RDS mounted to the tr rail. An eotech raised the sight line to within my 'not breaking my neck to get a proper sight picture range.

• Like 1

Your probably holding it wrong. The stock is meant to sit pretty entral on your chest, as for sighting just look forward.

I'll give this a try.  I am 6 feet tall with arms proportionate to that height.  It just seems that I really have to crane my neck to get my cheek onto the stock so I can use the sights.  I don't skirmish, so I was wondering how anyone really sights down this thing, what with hip firing being disallowed.  Of course a red dot would probably help but I've been lazy in digging one out and putting it on.  I also do notice some hand/wrist fatigue when doing double and triple taps.

Of course a red dot would probably help

Well there's your problem! The irons on the TR are very low, almost impossible really unlike the ones on the USG model which are offset. You really need something higher for this like optics for AR use (RMRs and similar mini red dots will still be too low for you).

Of course a red dot would probably help but I've been lazy in digging one out and putting it on.  I also do notice some hand/wrist fatigue when doing double and triple taps.

Yep, the red dot is mandatory, I'm 6 feet tall too (about 1,86m) and can't use the gun without dot. For the wrist fatigue, I spoke about it on my review, the angle of the grip is very particular and combined with the hard trigger, it could become painful

I'll give this a try. I am 6 feet tall with arms proportionate to that height. It just seems that I really have to crane my neck to get my cheek onto the stock so I can use the sights. I don't skirmish, so I was wondering how anyone really sights down this thing, what with hip firing being disallowed. Of course a red dot would probably help but I've been lazy in digging one out and putting it on. I also do notice some hand/wrist fatigue when doing double and triple taps.

Snap. Im 6ft4. The P90 doesnt have check weld per sey, you dont hold it or use it like say an M4. Thats to say you dont put your cheek onto the stock.

You shoulder it and look straight ahead, ideally you need an EOTech or something of a similar height. It really is a "point and shoot" kind of weapon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I am ready to share with your some info about first prototype of my adapter.

27392097914_8fa1cd6af4_o.jpg

Here is WE P90 GBB with metal receiver (modern version) plus side rails and Ring Sights MC-10-80 installed. My adapter is allow to connect GBB parts of WE P90 to metal receiver of AEG.

Let me know what do your think about it?

• Like 1

Awesome, taking orders? :)

Not yet, but will start soon. When i will get final prototype and talk with administration here (about special thread).

If there will be enough people which are interested (5 maybe 10) for bulk order.