• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never even realised you could do this... might make this the default even at the risk of being banned from forum. Also, the way you stuck the dragon through the thumb hole... looked wrong. 

Made a mistake. That part no.17 that broke which I mistook for a hammer and corrected as being a disconnector is in fact a sear, as in THE main sear for the hammer. So I don't know what's going on whe

Is it odd I'm trying to read the newspaper?

Posted Images

I said recent WE GBBR. The SMG8 and this one are the worst. 
-Magazine leaks, and I don't get so leaked mag since a while, we or ghk. Even SMG8 or recent GBB don't have so many leaks.
-The internal gas tank leak, need to disassemble all the body
-The mag butt need a buffer to align the mag valve with the gas tank valve
-The gas tank valve is weak
-The bolt stop is a ... joke?
-Without modification, the part 98 let two bbs enter in the hop-up
-The trigger in semi is really too hard
-The part which should press on the bb release button is in "merdonium" like we say in French (this mean, really weak metal)
-The mag shell is in very weak plastic
-There are so many weak internal parts
-Performance are lower than a pistol for the moment

Sorry but for a so expensive, so waited gbbr, it's just not acceptable at all, and if I think as a beginner, it's just something which go to the bin. As I'm not a beginner, I know it's possible to do something with this gun, but it's lot of work.

Mags leak and are easy to fix, buy some Nitrile orings and replace all the stock ones. It is also a brand new design of magazine that no one else has made so it will have issues.

We have two P90s, neither internal tanks leak but depending on where from follow the steps above.

Neither of our P90s require the buffer to load the magazines properly BUT I have been using the P90 platform for the past 10 years so I am very adept to using it to its full potential. Though I agree for most people the rubber buffer/spacer is a good idea. That said its hardly expensive or remotely difficult to fit.

What do you mean the gas thank valve is weak?

Real P90s have no bolt stop, so WE came up with a solution. Though I agree its not fantastic, either make one from polycarbonate or a similar material or buy a few spares, equally not expensive or difficult to replace.

Neither of our P90s experience double feeding and I believe I have only seen a handfull of P90s which have this issue. 

The trigger is not hard. Not sure why so many people seem to think so... 

You on about the tab on the hop unit which depresses the catch on the magazine? It doesnt really need to be hard as it is impacting on plastic and requires minimal force to release the BBS. 

I agree about the mag shells, same issue with the G36.

What internal parts are weak? I've only seen two fail, RCs (which may have been due to user error as said) and his mates. Mines probably coming up to around the 2k mark and the internals still look pretty new, far better than WEs previous offerings. 

What performance issues are you having? Mine is running brilliantly, friends one had some minor issues with it refusing to fire a couple times but it was 4c and hailing outside! 

Also not expensive. Including all fees, taxes, delivery etc.. Mine came to around £270 (~£70 or so was delivery/tax) which Is not expensive considering what it is. If it was £370 that would be a different story and I would expect most of the issues to be solved out of the box, but it is still a sub £300 gun.

It does feel as though you are nit picking a little... It is WE after all not KWA or G&P.

RCs (which may have been due to user error as said) and his mates.

If you mean the guy earlier who had multiple breakages, I don't actually know him personally. Probably user error too as I'm hardly impressed with his DIY fixes like coating the nozzle with super glue (for reasons still unknown to me) and putting spacers on the hop up thinking it would fix his misfeed problem which turned out to be bb related (like I told him).

• Like 1

Yes maybe I'm a little too demanding, or complaining, you know, French guys are really prompt to complain all the time :P

Anyway, I never had so much difficulties to fix gas leak. Actually, I fixed it with silicon seal. I note the orings solution, will talk about it in my next video. The fact is that a new design, innovation, doesn't justify the fact that the gun can't be use out of the box (with some greasing of course). As a professionnal, they sold something which should work, I don't speak about issue which could appear after many years,. My G39, just added some grease, a npas and let's go. By the way, my P90 doesn't shoot very high, 300-330fps (japan version I guess), perfect for me.
Maybe I just had no chance until now, my worst experience was with M4 WE V1 gas mag, like everybody else :)

For the internal tanks, some other french guys encounter the problem. Not a big deal if you know what to do, but for a beginner, it's finished.

For the buffer, I used a 1mm plastic part, pasted on the mag butt and it's perfect.
The weak gas thank valve is the part 41: http://www.kyairsoft.com/shop/product/we-t-a-2015-gbb-steel-parts-41-51-33161?search=p90
Lot of people broke it because of the 1mm missing space at the rear of the mag.

For the double feeding, many french guys had it too, and if I remember, the guy of redwolf had it too, but I'm not sure.

If your trigger is not hard, two solutions, you have *fruitcage* strong hands or... there is a rev2 of this gun already oO everybody had this problem at my knowledge.

About the part which release bb, this one push the small plastic part on the mag (part 144), I think I really get a bad version, because without a 1mm plastic part pasted on it, no feed.

For weak internal parts, we will see, but I read so many comments about people who broke something or new steel parts by Ratech or Zparts that it's probably due to a bad material used.

For performence issues, it's very frustrating. I made a new fix few days ago, need to test it, but I have 30-35m of range if I hope to touch somebody. Maybe because of my "low version" P90 or because of the WE rubber/nubs, subject not closed.

As I write this message, I notice we talk for nothing :P we encounter differents experiences with this gun, sadness bad for me, but all this speaking will not the topic go further ;)
Maybe they release a rev2 already, like for the SMG8 (3rd revision at my knowledge)

I hope my english was not bad, hard to write so long text :P

• Like 1

If your trigger is not hard, two solutions, you have *fruitcage* strong hands or... there is a rev2 of this gun already oO everybody had this problem at my knowledge.

Not all. Their trigger bar is bent on a mandrel and for QC reasons aren't bent to the same exact length. The ones with short ones will give the trigger too much slack so much so that the actual break of the sear is well past the point where the trigger is blocked by the selector hence the hardness. If you get the proper length one or correct the short one with a spacer or bending the bar, semi-auto breaks at 7lbs and full-auto at 11lbs which is exactly the same as the real P90. Edited by renegadecow
  • Like 1

Not all. Their trigger bar is bent on a mandrel and for QC reasons aren't bent to the same exact length. The ones with short ones will give the trigger too much slack so much so that the actual break of the sear is well past the point where the trigger is blocked by the selector hence the hardness. If you get the proper length one or correct the short one with a spacer or bending the bar, semi-auto breaks at 7lbs and full-auto at 11lbs which is exactly the same as the real P90.

Hummm good to know

Bought mine just after release so early model for sure, ordered from HK. Mines also 340fps on the dot perfect for me too! 

I have noticed some minor damage to my mates P90 around Part 41 (which ive been calling a gas nipple :P ) due to him slamming the mags in and having never used a P90 before. 

I always pull the mag catch back and insert rather than slamming them in, do the same on my TM P90

I don't get why they always go for steel parts. If the rest of the stuff in the gun is pot metal, low grade aluminum or polymer at best, then it makes no sense throwing in heat treated steel in the mix :P

"DEAR SIR CUSTOMER, GREAT IMPROVEMENT PART QUALITY. STEEL!!!" (sorry Asians :D )

It's like steel parts are the holy grail in airsoft guns to manufacturers...

Also, not all that into the P90 but is there not plastic/polymer parts interfacing with any of those steel parts? Or, lesser quality zinc/pot metal/alu pieces?

Problem is still real. You just move it around.

I can kind of already tell from the pictures there that some of those other parts will get rekt :P 

Best thing would be to make everything that interacts of the same medium grade alu material with matching weights as closely to OEM as possible to not introduce additional problems.

Half talking out of my *albatross* right now but ya know, I am kinda right :D

Edited by NonEx

It depends on the forces involved as well. For example my WE AKS74U with a Hephaestus kit looks like it will run for just about forever even though the FCG casing and bolt carrier are stock diecast zinc. The hammer hits the casing at a very broad area and the contact surface between hammer and bolt carrier is very wide. At over 12k rounds the only wear (on the carrier) is the lower corner while the bottom surface still even has some of its finish on.

But on a WE M4 the hammer hits hard on the carrier and the roller bearing being narrow digs into the carrier. You'll need to reinforce the back and part of the bottom with a steel plate like I did with the G36 or install a steel carrier altogether.

With the Zparts, who knows? It does have a roller but the rear of the P90 carrier is one massive chunk of zinc. Will probably dig in some but only to a point.

Edited by renegadecow
  • Like 1

I agree with NonEx on this. On my WEs when a bit breaks I replace it with OEM parts, never trusted fitting random steel bits for the exact same reason you said. 

Either ALL steel or all OEM imo, bar the bolt as RC said you can get away with it. 

This looks good though, it is the whole trigger pack in steel and the only thing it impacts properly is the bolt!

• Like 1

True about the WE AK. I got the RA steel internals in mine and am seeing very little wear but then again I barely use it. But, I trust it enough to use Guarder 16KG 220 PSI gas in it :D

dat boom!

So yes, I supposed it depends. But as a general rule I don't like mixing and mashing steel with other, lesser strength materials.

But then again, my original thought about it almost always being steel parts still puzzles me. They could get away with decent aluminum. It's like just because it's some steel parts the entire gun is the most awesome and indestructible thing ever (in the aftermarket manufacturers mind).

I will keep my fingers crossed for you guys on the Z-Parts kit!

Any price information on those parts?

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1

Just for the record:

Leaking reservoir tank--fixed with automotive gasket maker

Leaking magazines--fixed with silicone grease

Mags don't readily/easily line up with fill nipple--fixed with piece of 1mm rubber sheet added to gun

Trigger too hard--slipped in a piece of zip tie between the bar and trigger

Broken bolt stop--currently trying out a new part made from nylon--too early to tell (in my case)

Upper receiver sloppy/loose

Body is thin plastic

Body spreads a fair bit when inserting the upper receiver

To be continued, I'm sure...

I never expect airsoft guns to work perfectly right out of the box.  Having said that, if this were almost any other product, it would definitely have been sent back almost immediately.  I mean, who is going to open their new coffee maker or blu ray player to fix it a week after they bought it?   

I love mine!  This thing is a BB hose!

Not to beat a dead horse...

I added the RA Tech steel bolt stop onto an order of other parts (different gun) because I noticed in the photographs for it that there was a very well defined lip on the stop to make contact with the front edge of the hop up unit.  I thought this might safely prevent it from destroying the hop up unit.  Unfortunately, the RA Tech part fits like pure *suitcase*, partly because they neglected to relieve the pivot hole--there is a fillet around the boss, or "axle" on the hop up unit.  Thus the steel bolt stop doesn't sit flush against the hop up unit and the part wobbles like crazy.  I think they made the main part of it too thin as well, but I didn't bother to measure it.  I used it as a stencil to make one out of nylon.

• Like 1

Like I said in another thread: F*CK RaTech. Way too expensive for the quality with almost anything they make.

But then again, my original thought about it almost always being steel parts still puzzles me. They could get away with decent aluminum. It's like just because it's some steel parts the entire gun is the most awesome and indestructible thing ever (in the aftermarket manufacturers mind).

Yeah people drinking the steel kool-aid should remember the real P90 has plastic FCG. Not saying that's a smart thing to do with the way WE designed it though. Also looks like zparts is just reusing the original WE pot metal FCG chassis. The area the hammer hits doesn't seem too beefy imo so I don't know how that's gonna turn out.

No... I can see that potentially bashing the rubber to a pulp and bits getting lodged in places where you don't want them. Probably isn't a concern anyway seeing as how the hammer spring is on the weak side and the hammer doesn't hit with too much force. I see minimal peening with the zinc hammer as of yet. I guess we'll just have to see once someone decides to try the steel.

Edited by CaptCalvin

This strip of rubber has been on my AK hammer for the longest time now. A legacy from when I tried to prolong the life of the stock hammer by cushioning it, I kept it on when I switched to steel (ironically when something other than the hammer broke) since it didn't really hurt anything. But then maybe that's what's keeping the bolt carrier from being knackered.

IMG_6616.jpg

The P90s hammer spring is plenty heavy. It's just that after it goes back a certain point it gains a mechanical (class 3 lever) advantage so the position where it interfaces with the sear and disconnector has little tension. Good against sear wear, but the face the hammer strikes still takes a good beating.

That's a different situation though. The bolt carrier more or less slides over the surface of the rubber on the AK. But if you were to use rubber between the hammer and the casing it's getting pinched. If you use something like leather maybe. But like I said maybe I'm just looking for problems where there is none.

Edited by CaptCalvin
Hey As I said, here is a good deal. My partner, Univairsoft.com, starts a grouped order for zparts parts (strange combination). 

Let me translate you quickly main part:
-The XLSX is the part list with price
-Send him the list of products by email at univairsoft@gmail.com with references
-Free shipping for 75€ or more and free for gbb-technics.com forum (the french reference of GBBR if you don't know them). Under 75€, it's 4.9 or 9.9 (in France, differents for you guys)
-Pay by Paypal, refund if not in stock
-Order launch the 17 may

Feel free to share it with your gbbr user friend :)

Here is the original text in french, if you want to use google translate ;)

Bonjour à tous,

Univairsoft vous propose une commande groupée chez Z-parts, le fabricant de pièces pour GBBR: http://www.zpartstech.com/

Commande le 17 Mai 2016.

Ci-joint la liste des prix du catalogue complet avec les dernières nouveautés les pièces renforcées pour P90: http://www.univairsoft.com/Z-parts%20GBB.xlsx

Fonctionnement:

1/ Envoyez votre commande par email uniquement à l'adresse suivante: univairsoft@gmail.com

En indiquant bien les références.

Exemple:

WE-P90-001 x1
WE-P90-002 x3

1b/ Site de Z-parts pour voir les photos: http://www.zpartstech.com/

2/ Frais de port gratuit à partir de 75,00€ d'achats et gratuit quelque soit la commande pour les membres de GBB Technics.

En dessous de 75,00€

- Lette suivie = 4,90€
- Colissimo: 9,90€

Valable uniquement en France Métropole.

Pour les Dom Tom et les pays étrangers les frais de port seront indiqué lors de la commande.

3/ Le paiement se fera uniquement par Paypal, en cas de rupture de stock vous serez remboursez.

4/ Une fois votre commande validée, je vous envoie une facture Paypal que vous devez régler avant le 16 mai 2016.

La commande sera effectué auprès de Z-parts le 17 Mai 2016 et sera traité rapidement.

Comptez environ 2 semaines de délais, vous serez averti si il y a du retard.

5/ Pour toutes questions contactez moi directement par email à univairsoft@gmail.com

6/ Univairsoft sera fermée pour congé annuel du 30 Avril au 9 mai 2016, reprise le 10 mai 2016.

Voilà à très bientôt !

Edited by Vasriotaep
  • Like 1

FML €169 EUROS for the complete kit! :o (assembled trigger unit)

$192 USD for those who don't wanna Google.

Is that like with overhead for this French order or is that pretty much what the kit will cost retail?

Another reason why it should not have been steel :D

€89 for the steel kit parts, not assembled in trigger unit. $101 USD.

I guess that is more along the lines of what a steel trigger kit costs.

I am just looking at the XLS file and telling you. In case people don't feel like, or can't open the Excel :P

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1