Halloween costume technical help please!

shmook

So, we've got a fancy dress bash this weekend for halloween, and I wanted to go as someone with a hole in his torso.

Seen it online with an lcd display and a camera on the back, so you see a live image of what's behind you.

Lying around, I've got an MD80 camera

An old android tablet

An ipad

A portable tv, slightly older model than this

Tried the camera in the tv, no joy. Seems to only accept usb input from flash drives to play media.

No chance with the ipad because Apple

Will it connect and do what I want with the tablet? Don't have a lead to test as I need a mini to mini USB. Will it plug and play? Or will I need an app?

Any other ideas for this without buying more tech for a single-use thing?

Done some searching and it doesn't look good, there is an app out, but think it's for android 4.1 and above, and said tablet is oooold, think it's on 2.1.

I've struggled a bit in searching as I don't think I'm using the correct key words, but my tech savvy is low, and was hoping one of you beautiful people could help!

Thanks,

Shmook

It works nicely with 2 iPads.

You can do something similar with Android/iDevice and an inspection camera thing

http://www.amazon.com/BlueFire%C2%AE-Endoscope-Waterproof-Borescope-Inspection/dp/B013HZCYXK/ref=pd_sbs_328_10?ie=UTF8&dpID=51N2qD66I7L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=013NVW2YSG2671EGAPWA

I think you'll struggle with what you have at hand tbh.

Maybe going a bit low tech with the classic ripped shirt, gored stomach and intestines falling out covered in theatre blood?

Funnily enough, I ordered a boresnake/endoscope for my phone yesterday. It was £4:67 delivered off ebay, not that extortionate price! Edit, only a 1 metre one though.

I think the head/lens will be too 'long' to lose under a shirt though, and it won't be here before Saturday. Also, couldn't find an iDevice option for under 45 quid as they were wireless. iProduct huge mark up!

Can go old school, but fancied something different.

Really do appreciate your help too :)

Archived