Need help with eyepro choices

Horsem4n

Im trying to find something a bit specific and i cant seem to find the information i need to make an educated decision.

i would like to step up to a high quality, low profile set of eyepro. only problem is, i wear prescription glasses. 

these are my requirements:

high quality and durable

Stylish enough to wear on and off the field

gasket sealed

RX insert

detachable retention strap

hopeful:

foooooog free

ultimately, if i HAVE to get contacts i may. but i still dont want to.

im tired of wearing large goggles.

As above, there really isn't an option that has all of those ticked. Low profile and with inserts and sealing around the sides is not a space saver.

Personally I've gone through a fair few options. A simple pair of ballistic glasses is enough, the fogging is easily cured by not wearing headgear, especially baseball caps. It traps the heat under the peak. You need decent airflow up and out of the top of the glasses. The ones with fan do this, but not as well, and at extra cost.

I would go for a set of revision Sawflys if you want a good looking pair with a prescription insert too. They aren't low profile, but they wrap around quite far, and also look quite good

Get contacts ASAP, best decision you'll ever make. And will help with your choice of eye protection. I guess the next step is laser correction but I am too paranoid to do that :P

Comparison; 

Glasses: Standing indoors and looking out through your window.

Contacts: Like being outside in what you were looking at through your window.

ESS Turbofan with RX - best protection fog free

Used with a base jump helmet and you have wentilation all around your head..

Wiley-X Talon with RX - stylish effective all day eye wear approved for wearing at the range

Contacts are better thoug most because you can change your prescription over time relatively costless

thanks guys, but the gasket is an absolute requirement in the US where i am though. i don't wear helmets anymore, mostly ball caps and knit hats.

ill seriously consider contacts, but i have no idea where to start. i guess ill just talk to my eye doctor since i'm supposedly due for an exam soon.

I used ESS turbofans for the last 4 years, but i had to modify the frames to fit over my glasses, so they are a no go for milsim ops here. I currently have another, more full face Valken mask with an add on fan kit, but that's only for impromptu CBQ games with pistols in the local area.

I use disposable contact lens when I wear the cool glasses, and I don't use them often, only games / competitions / bike rides.

For everyday use I wear more normal glasses ( but still some framed sunglasses with lenses popped out, replace with transitions RX lenses :P )

BTW I have Jawbone with HALO kit ( which is made for later Racing Jacket model, I just force it in ), even I use vented lenses moist build up quickly when I'm not moving, coz no fresh air flushing through vent holes, maybe my lenses are few years old and the coating worn out but still worth to point out

ESS v12. Don't fit all your requirements but they are probably the most low pro full sealed goggles which take an insert, also well vented. Or there's the bolle tracker but the problem with really low profile stuff it's much closer the face and less ventilation and less durable because of the thin frames especially for US fps limits. Also everything has the potential to fog so your *suitcase* out of luck there.

Archived