Anyone a Firefly fan?

bankz5152

Just finished watching Firefly and Serinity for the 2nd time straight through.

Just wondering if there where any fans on here that can share my greif at its ending and my hatred of Fox.

I also managed to get one of QMX's metal plated Captain Mal's pistol in the UK, brand new and boxed so im very happy indeed.

Josh.

on my phone, my spelling will suck

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very much so. Castle will end after 8 but Gina Torres is in Suits and thats going well.

Problem is I thought it was that Fox wont sell the rights?

Apparently Serenity was done because Joss pulled in a load of favours.

Loved it.

Saw serenity without a clue about the series/background, just saw a sci fi advertised and recorded it.

Was trapped from then on!

Same. I was in a video rental place, saw it and bought it then and there. Not sure what it was that drew me in, then found out about the TV show! Utterly hooked since then.

Haha just a thought, it was on last night.

There are not, just those who havnt seen Firefly. I even got my girlfriends dad watching it, hds a 50 year old high level journalist for the FT. It appeals to everyone.

Seen it, didn't/don't like it.

Phew, glad I got that off my chest. Though, oddly enough, I like the movie (Serenity, ya dig), but not the TV series.

Im speechless.

Awesome tatoos!

Firefly retail therepy -

20151104_104419_zpst8wx9jac.jpg

Going to try and make the box out of wood it came in.

I love firefly.

I'm kind of glad it didn't go on long though. So many other shows go through shaky patches, but instead we got the one, entirely excellent series.

At least, that's what I try to tell myself......

All too true. Except Firefly didnt even get that, it was cancelled after 12 episodes and the final 2 episodes where never aired originally.

If it had been given a full 22/24 episode season it would be alright because at least you would get know the 'verse a bit before it ends.

Theres so much left unexplored, Book, Reavers, Core Planets, Allience, Jaynes family even, RIVER!

Edit -

Just finished reading Serenity: Those Left Behind. Really good, short like the show but has a really nice history about the Verse.

I was away a lot and missed the whole thing and the cancellation.

My brother bought me the box set for xmas.

I watched them all in 4 days and then went on Amazon to buy all the other seasons.

I can't describe the pain I felt going through the entire cancellation story in the space of a few hours.

Then I watched Serenity and, well, the thing happened and somehow the pain got worse.

I am a leaf on the wind.

If anyone is hurting bad, like I am now, buy Con Man. Its hilarious they whole cast, mainly Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion, play bizzarro versions of themselves. Only 10 - 15 mins an episode but its well worth £13 for it!

Also anyone read the comics? Just finished the new Better Days and Other Stories, great news in there!!

Archived