TM M4A1 MWS GBBR Up for Preorder!

aznriptide859

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Echigoya webpage: First Batch Shipments Start November 14th.

Second Batch Shipments Start December Date TBD.

WARNING: This is first come first serve please note stocks are very limited so we cannot insure that everyone who pre-orders will be able to get theres in the first batch so refunds will be available if you wish to cancel.

What a beautifully video.

Presenting a brand new gun and a brand new magazine.

Nice recoil. It is all really beautifully.

I remember a few years back when ICS came with their new design splitgearbox.

Everybody gonna get that in the future....

When WE M4 GBB CB came out

everybody gonna get that in the future.

When the OB came out

everbody gonna get that in the future.

When the Vipertech came out

Nah Forget that one.

The point being presenting a video doesn't assure that the thing work when out of the box and in the field just because the video looks good.

Maybe I've just spend too many years in airsoft to let my cage get rattled by a fancy video.

Am I the only one that found the ROF to be a bit sluggish? Maybe a bit of cooldown more than expected?  I've shuffled through a few videos, maybe they didnt comment on the temp but in mach sakai video i saw it. Granted I have no idea what hes saying the whole time as the only reviews available right now are japanese ones. I wonder how the gas efficiency is

Am I the only one that found the ROF to be a bit sluggish? Maybe a bit of cooldown more than expected?  I've shuffled through a few videos, maybe they didnt comment on the temp but in mach sakai video i saw it. Granted I have no idea what hes saying the whole time as the only reviews available right now are japanese ones. I wonder how the gas efficiency is

Nope - the magazine where he just did short bursts sounded fine, but the one before that where he did a mix and finished with a long burst sounded very sluggish at the end.  Being new he might still have been getting sued to how much gas to fill the mags with.

I feel that I gave the whole propane on 134a too much blind faith, it was like the TM MP7, I was really impressed by the Japanese shooting videos back when they were released, thinking if it could perform like that on 134a, it'd rule on propane even through the cold seasons... it didn't. 

Comes down to colder climate performance, because indoors here in Toronto gets down to 10-15 degrees. 

So far the GHK's haven't been a let down, running 3 CO2 mags this season too.

Still waiting on a non-jap review, please do a cold mag test.

If it is anything like my TM MP7 was it should have no problem with green gas. I used my TM MP7 on green all the time be it 1-30 celsius and never had a problem, it worked suprisingly good even in cold. I never had any of the nozzle issues that others have experienced tough.

Ehobby video:

Seems like they using green gas since they chronoing it on 350 average FPS.

I'm hoping with FL in the U.S. the 134a will be pretty good. In the past, the mp7 has operated pretty well and reliable on 134a, but it averages here 86 F or something like that. Days when it's 101F, even im scared if the nozzle will pop if i leave the 134a filled mags in the sun lol. Propane is definitely suicide here though for marui GBBs, save a few designs (1911, px4, etc). So if those vids are sluggish on the ROF, i hope it will be balanced out by our hot weather. I remember one christmas here it was raining and another year it was 90 F.

I think the thick humidity here also ruins the BBs path LOL jk

Real steel stocks and pistol grips are compatible. That's usually the standard for most AR-15 GBBRs. Rails are often compatible except for the barrel nut. It's my understanding that TM have a slightly different spec upper receiver thread. Some people have made aftermarket rails work by making shims. No idea how extensive that modification is. Charging handles are rarely a drop in product so I'm not even slightly surprised there. There will be more aftermarket support over this next year, but it may be slow growth as the industry is more cautious than ever as consumers aren't buying with the fervor seen in years prior.

The bigger concern is QC. On TM's side of production it's been good. What I didn't know until recently was that the Cerakoting is all done by Suzutomo in Japan. This is in large part because Suzutomo has a monopoly in Japan (he registered it there first and legally blocks any other party from mentioning the word Cerakote in Japan). TM is having all the coating done by Suzutomo and the coating work done by them has been good and consistent. However, Suzutomo wasn't able to scale up their in-house capabilities and not being able to meet TM's volume requirement, Suzutomo (not TM) ended up having to outsource a great deal of the work to a second coating service in Japan. The result is that more and more Japanese buyers have been reporting a variance in this first production batch. Some have observed the traditional thin film of cerakote that looks more like what they'd expect from a real steel product and the gun performs as advertised, whilst others have reported that the coating is unexpectedly thick and given TM's tight tolerances that only allowed for a correct cerakote spec'ed finish, have reported the gun's parts are too tight and occasional jams and other parts binding up. Between Suzutomo's Japanese cerakoting monopoly politics and the cerakote quality control issues, TM have since not mentioned cerakote much past the initial marketing campaign, and may not be marketing it as having Cerakote in the future. They may still be using it but having it applied by a different coater or in-house themselves, but they'd be legally barred from mentioning "cerakote". They may also be switching coatings to another similar coating system that is not controlled by Suzutomo as many other would be cerakote applicators in Japan have also switched from. It's really quite an unbelievable predicament Japan's legal system has allowed to exist. They do not observe international trademarks and copyrights, only those registered locally within Japan. So while companies like "Cerakote" and entities like "ArniesAirsoft" may have existed for years, regardless of who actually owns those companies, it comes down to whoever registers it first in Japan who has legal control over the trademark and name use within Japan. That's pretty crazy.

Is this better than a WE? Is this better than a KSC? Is this better than a GHK? We'll have to wait and see as more reviews come out, other than eHobby's short video, there's hardly any footage of the gun on green gas. One thing I can immediately tell you is that the magazines are twice as heavy as the WE magazines, they're in fact 20-30% heavier than a real one fully loaded... 

Archived