Evike.com - My bad experience 

Backstory:

This will be a long post, but I thought I'd give every detail I can about my experience. Naturally I don't try to get into "drama" related topics, unless I'm trolling - but their last e-mail really pushed me to write a lengthy write up.

I've been a loyal "international" customer  since 2014. I'm from Canada - and I occasionally order from the states even though it usually results in me paying duty and taxes. I've ordered over 1500 USD in products with Evike, including the occasionally split orders with my colleagues over the course of the course of my airsoft career.

Now leads us to the present.

Initial Order:

My recent order was on October the 19, 2015. I placed an order with express shipping ($42) for a total of $410.40 USD. (Originally was over 500, but they refunded me since the discount code 25% didn't work - so I already knew when I got my refund, my credit card company wasn't going to refund me the some funds for "currency exchange charge 3.25% of $6x refund?." - So I said to myself, ok, whatever, that's fine.)

Shipping:

Shipping always takes a bit with Evike, nothing to complain about -  about 4 business days or so it shipped out. It made it through customs no problem. Day of delivery - That's where things started to go downhill.

Issue Begins - Day of delivery:

The image below show that the item was going out for delivery (Canada Post), but was some how recalled within 10 minutes. The next day it was shipped back to Evike. This is were I was starting to get anxious - What? Why?

I called Canada Post over 5 times, they told me to call USPS. I called USPS they told me to call Canada Post. This went on for days to the point Canada Post even stated "Oh you're calling about your tracking number AGAIN?"

jgIO3cg.png

I decided to make a call to Evike, and they brushed me off over the phone, stating that I should inquire with USPS, after I explained my situation. 

At this point I'm irritated. My parcel was supposed to be here, and now it's back in transit to the states, along side with Evike brushing me off.

Issue Mid Cycle:

After a few days passed, I called CBSA (Canada Customs) - They told me that there was nothing wrong with customs, and it should of been delivered. They told me to give Canada Post a call again. After I hung up with CBSA, I called Canada Post. Mind you this is about the 8th time I've called them. - Finally I get a representative that's helpful and willing to look into my ticket. I explained the situation to her, told her about USPS and CBSA... she put me on hold for 10 minutes and discussed with her manager my situation. 

She told me that the manager had no idea why they didn't "Attempt Delivery" - Which they should of, and don't understand why it was shipped back. - This is where she kind of hinted it was (CP) fault, but in a person to person way. I told her that Evike (The Sender) has been brushing me off - and she suggested that if I cannot come to a solution, that I could dispute it with PayPal. - Great idea, this rep was very informative, versus the other 7 reps that brushed me off.

E-mail communication with Evike.com:

E-mail 1 

Ok, so it's time for me to send in my e-mail and inquire about this situation. I sent my first e-mail on the 29th of October. 

(might have to zoom in to read it - http://i.imgur.com/CWEYTBj.png)

CWEYTBj.png

E-mail 2

Sent that in, next day they reply. Again, generic reply, and brushing me off - " YOU can go contact USPS, to see what can be done." - OK so I'm pretty annoyed at this point, so I sent in a reply.

http://i.imgur.com/9iAkGRv.png

9iAkGRv.png

E-mail 3

I express my concern about my situation above on the 30th. - They replied stating no updates. On November the 3rd.

http://i.imgur.com/sULqMCG.png

sULqMCG.png

Moving Forward:

I decided it was in my best interest to submit a claim with PayPal, aswell as send an e-mail in to Evike to inquire about a full refund. Evike showed no concerns about follow up with me on my current situation.

During the PayPal call, I told them about my situation, and PayPal listened to me very clearly.  

My e-mail going in was regarding about a full refund.

http://i.imgur.com/m34I8ig.png

m34I8ig.png

Then Evike replied -  I explicitly and sincerely asked for them to offer my a full refund. - neglecting everything I asked for. I forwarded this to PayPal and changed it to a dispute, I was refunded within the day. - Good. At this point I was fed up with Evike, and wasn't even going to bother writing up my negative experience that I had with them.

Moving forward - 8 days later (As per GMAIL):

I got this email today. Boy did it poke my buttons off my winter jacket. - I actually lol'ed and shook my head at work.

http://i.imgur.com/5KG4Hwk.png

5KG4Hwk.png

Conclusion

I explicitly asked them for a refund nicely in an e-mail prior, and they completely ignored and brushed off the e-mail. I had to go to PayPal and contact them to get a refund, PP did that no problems. The fact that this whole issue wasn't my fault as a consumer, I don't see why anyone in my situation would be penalized. It may of been Canada Post, USPS, or someone else's fault, however their solution that they went about is incorrect and unfair. In no way should a customer be charged for something they are not at fault for - Especially for shipping and re-stocking fees. That's a joke. I'm extremely disappointed with Evike. I will never again do business with them, nor will I ever recommend them.

I'm expressing my customer experience I've had with them, I'm not telling you to not order from them - but I'm telling you to beware.

TL;DR

Beware of Evike.

PayPal is great for getting your cash back. 

Edited by BioRage
  • 4 weeks later...

After reading the post (images are to small for me to see) I've come to this conclusion.

They(Evike) shipped the package, its out of there hands.

I've never had a company recall a package, ever.

The customer service is a separate section from the person that runs the accounts.

Edited by Alias1983

After reading the post (images are to small for me to see) I've come to this conclusion.

They(Evike) shipped the package, its out of there hands.

I've never had a company recall a package, ever.

The customer service is a separate section from the person that runs the accounts.

Well what's done is done, not like I care because I got my refund back from PayPal.

Their Customer Service is worse then airsplat. What really should of been done is to offer a re-shipment at no extra cost. (Re-stocking fees) - being refunded the shipping cost, since Express ($42) was paid would of been a bonus.

They forgot to pay the carrier because the business was closed for a day...? Then tried to charge you for the postage for their mistake? What? 

To give you an idea of how some other international vendors dealt with it. This was probably Christmas of 2013 when the TM MP7 GBB came out. I ordered the gun with a few mags from Echigoya, they accidentally declared the value to something completely wrong, which resulted in my custom charge being something over £2000, which was clearly a mistake. Once I'd contacted them about it, they acknowledged the error and before the package even left UK for the return journey, they had sent another package off in order to minimise the wait time from my end. There is no way they made any money from that transaction, but they took the hit because it was the right thing to do.  

Edited by blobface
  • Like 1

They forgot to pay the carrier because the business was closed for a day...? Then tried to charge you for the postage for their mistake? What? 

To give you an idea of how some other international vendors dealt with it. This was probably Christmas of 2013 when the TM MP7 GBB came out. I ordered the gun with a few mags from Echigoya, they accidentally declared the value to something completely wrong, which resulted in my custom charge being something over £2000, which was clearly a mistake. Once I'd contacted them about it, they acknowledged the error and before the package even left UK for the return journey, they had sent another package off in order to minimise the wait time from my end. There is no way they made any money from that transaction, but they took a hit because it was the right thing to do.  

That's the kind of customer service I would expect. 

• 3 weeks later...