Impact Training Grenade

renegadecow

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so just about 5 caps worth of powder can be crammed into one single cap, that is to say in its powdered form. You can dissolve it in water/alcohol/acetone to make a paste which will be more compact when dried but obviously involves more effort. For what it's worth, those 5 caps are satisfyingly loud as they are and are far cheaper to run than even handgun primers.

I've been racking my brains, and looking at all sorts of pipe fittings, but I can't work out what you are using for the end cap - the piece that holds the primer, and the section it screws into. The rest of it - the body, covers, striker, etc. look fairly straightforward, it's just the bit that goes bang that's got me stumped!

So I experienced first hand what it feels like being banged up close...

except it was my own.

I was held up in a room, AK up when I saw someone out the window and I let out a few shots. Got him down then "CLICK!", empty mag when another guy suddenly pops around the corner. I couldn't reload in time so I immediately drew my Makarov and let off a few shots so I can take bettter cover. Once hunkered down I pulled out my grenade, removed the pin and threw it out the window. But the damn wind blew the window shut just in time and I could see my grenade bounce off in slow motion and land right back at me. Good thing we don't employ grenade rules yet (strictly flashbangs unless they throw bbs) but boy did my ears ring.

The paint gets scratched off and the edges knackered but nothing ever happens to the firing bits. I've had the timer version for a little over a year now and the way I've designed the striker (carried over to this one) still holds.

Edit:

And here's another video of it in action taken by Calbur20.

https://youtu.be/jSmrszR2dxY

Hopefully by then I would have sold enough to stay at home, rotting away with a newly purchased gaming rig to play Fallout 4 with.

That said, I'm leaning towards making the how-to instructions into video instead. There's a lot more steps involved than I realized plus it would be more accessible/widespread.

• 2 weeks later...

I just leave that to the individual so I don't end up with a pile of half filled obscure colors. I only really used black as it's the toughest I can find which also serves as a primer of sorts. I haven't tried Krylon Fusion though, which I think would be better as they're really made for plastics.

Edit:

I forgot to mention that I've come across a simple yet effective way to keep the outer halves from flying too far and at the same time make the halves less susceptible to separating while in a loose pouch foregoing the need for a 2nd safety device. Not visible in the above picture is a strip of plain old scotch tape holding the two halves together like a clamshell. I'll look for some reflective or high viz tape next I go to the hardware and with that on there may not even be a need to have the whole thing brightly painted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fairly certain its lawful to produce this in the UK but going to confirm this first before I set about making a couple. Easy to see how from pics already posted!

I have found that Aluminium foil tape on my BFG's makes them stand out in any background and at night they are easy to see with a torch.

We are like Magpies and our eyes pick up on shiny things instantly :0) 

You could cover the insides of the spoons  and firing pin housing so would still be black on the outside but have a mirror like finish on the inside!  

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Adhesives+%26+Sealants/d180/Tapes/sd2420/Aluminium+Foil+Tape/p53122

Outside has partial coloration now in the form of duct tape. It's also an essential part as it acts as a hinge for the cover halves (they peel away now vs just plain splitting) while the lock holes have been slightly enlarged. The effects are less harder to detonate when shook while being more sensitive to detonation on impact and the halves stay together at a nearer distance to the body (usually under it).

Finishing up on the batons now so should be able to upload the images on the weekend.

Archived