Airsoft Innovation Cyclone Impact Grenade

renegadecow

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stocked. Out of stock. Restocked again only to find out EHobby only does EMS for it which is absolutely no bueno for me. Then I found out AI sells directly on their site, have regular mail as an option AND is even cheaper than getting it from HK at a mere $10! I don't understand exactly how they can do this assuming it's shipping from Canada but I do just hope they follow my request and not put "grenade" on the customs form.

We will

Stocked. Out of stock. Restocked again only to find out EHobby only does EMS for it which is absolutely no bueno for me. Then I found out AI sells directly on their site, have regular mail as an option AND is even cheaper than getting it from HK at a mere $10! I don't understand exactly how they can do this assuming it's shipping from Canada but I do just hope they follow my request and not put "grenade" on the customs form.

Our standard procedure is to classify our shipments as autonomous internal combustion powered sex toys so as to dissuade customs agents from opening our parcels.

Last weekend I have used my Cyclone twice on a game. The second time I went to pick up my grenade I noticed that the entire top part was missing. Found it later and got this:

2eee785.jpg

I have assembled the grenade correctly as it went off, so it wasn't a user error. Question is if I can get a new part or have to buy a new Cyclone. :/

Last weekend I have used my Cyclone twice on a game. The second time I went to pick up my grenade I noticed that the entire top part was missing. Found it later and got this:

2eee785.jpg

I have assembled the grenade correctly as it went off, so it wasn't a user error. Question is if I can get a new part or have to buy a new Cyclone. :/

E-mail Airosft Innovation; maybe they can help you :S

Send us a support ticket:

https://www.airsoft-innovations.com/pages/contact-us

We'll get your grenade sorted out.

2eee785.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I finally got my Cyclone (good old reliable Philpost) and it wont expel all the bbs. Now, I've done my research, it's either from a misaligned bottom cap or a cold grenade, but seeing as it's not from either of the two causes I decided to look more closely into it. As it turns out there's a small bit of flash, presumably from the mold if not excess adhesive when the parts of the main body were glued together and it was effectively impeding the bbs through the passage. Not the best of pictures being tricky shining a light down there, but you'll see my point well enough. It was easy to fix by just prodding around to break the excess material off but thought it may also be causing grief to other users and this information may prove useful for others and AI as well. Will definitely be investing in more of these! Now, if they only made these the size of Coleman propane tanks...

cyclone.jpg

Ok, still getting leftover bbs, but only like 10-15 (as opposed to 40-50) which is totally acceptable. Interestingly enough, the Cyclone only holds 100 or so bbs if you fill them up as per the manual's instructions, less if you just pour bbs in hastily where some bbs don't stack up nicely staggered. You only get the full advertised 140bb payload if you also manually put bbs down the barrel.

• 2 months later...

So I've been using mine for a while and most of the time only half or even less of the BBs leave the grenade. I tried to remove all flashing inside but the one part the BBs still getting stucky is the exit tube. Not the very end but inside where it takes a curve so I can't really reach inside with anything. Don't know if anything can be done there. :/

Geez, we've never seen one break like that. Did you whip it into the ground?

Hit up our support page. If you want to ship in the body for our analysis, we'd be happy to send you a new one. Keep the fuze head and end cap for spares. I want to see why this one broke like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Geez, we've never seen one break like that. Did you whip it into the ground?

Hit up our support page. If you want to ship in the body for our analysis, we'd be happy to send you a new one. Keep the fuze head and end cap for spares. I want to see why this one broke like that.

Oh just notice your reply. I'll contact you.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived