Airsoft Innovation Cyclone Impact Grenade

renegadecow

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The spoon is the most stupid thing ever, so basically everytime you toss it you will have go back and look for the spoon or buy *suitcase* loads of them which then in long run beats the objective of having a cheap grenade..

They did a lot of testing with users and the spoon was a must have.

So, its spoon or nothing. Thats what I got from the post.

Everyone likes spoons, dont they? But, this is airsoft and is likened to trying to hurde cats. There's always a few unhappy campers or critque for critques sake and you have to live with that.

Modify the spoon so it locks when reaching 180º, pointing upwards aligned with the body. That would keep the spoon hinged, it wouldn't impede the rotation and ballistics and it would be unlikely broken by the rotation.

He says lanyarding it would work, just having a fixed hinged spoon would get knacked really quickly with all the spinning and smashing against the ground.

It would be fairly easy to tether it I would have thought.

He does mention that tying it down has been tried and that it either fell off or got in the way (his words, not mine).

I think you're confusing it with the hinged experiments he's mentioned.

"A lanyarded spoon almost always comes off in a way that doesn't interfere with spin very much and doesn't get bashed"

Modify the spoon so it locks when reaching 180º, pointing upwards aligned with the body. That would keep the spoon hinged, it wouldn't impede the rotation and ballistics and it would be unlikely broken by the rotation.

I don't think it's the rotational momentum alone that bashes hinged spoons but eventually hitting or landing on things whith all that torque.

I don't think it's the rotational momentum alone that bashes hinged spoons but eventually hitting or landing on things whith all that torque.

Yes, I was considering the impact while rotating, not the rotation itself.

Something portruding from the side would hit the ground at a bad angle, but not so much if it's sticking up.

Yeap, you're right Renegadecow.

This comment got me excited, till I got to the end of the sentence (think, hot lava in my pants excited. BANANA EXCITED):- 'I could make things with pushbutton fuzes like the the things Vasquez deployed in Aliens, but I get punished in the realism aspect that a lot of airsofters desire.'

Archived