First Impressions: Tokyo Marui M4 MWS GBBR

lol those were the bad days, I'm glad there are more options now as these GBBR platforms are continually evolving. 

Yea, for a long while I thought we would never see a GBBR you could take into battle without having game ending stoppages.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I made something happen recently. At the last game I attended, I noticed that there was roughly a million other players using Mk18's. Therefore I've gone down the hoorah road and utilised a Spear A

Hi guys.   I've waited for this rifle to be released for what felt like forever. Purchased from Impulse101 in Japan, this is among the first batch and I ordered 3 additional magazines which I was to

I've managed to piece together the video. It has taken longer than I expected due to doing some home improvements which diverted much of my time.   Mainly focusing on a comparison between it and th

Yea, for a long while I thought we would never see a GBBR you could take into battle without having game ending stoppages.

Still do have stoppages but part of the problem is over maintenance or over upgrading/engineering.

Just ran a game in an arid sandy dunes area yesterday, had a number of GBBs fail not because anything was broken, but over lubing and upgrading were primary causes of weapon failures.

I wonder how the Marui would fair while covered in sand?  Would the overcomplicated system fail?

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
  • Like 1

As long as nothing gets in the action it should be good to go just like the real thing.

I run my gas guns very dry to almost nothing.

Yeah run GBBs dry is the best.  Some steel do need a light oil for protection from oxidation, but more in humid conditions.

• Like 1

The only thing that I regularly lubricate is the nozzle orings.  I will lubricate friction points with Murder Oil but not before a game but after.  The time between games gives the oil enough time to either drip away or evaporate so what is left is a small amount of lubrication that doesn't cause any function issues.  I have run my GBB's hard and have dropped them in mud, loose dirt, water, etc. and have held up fine (some better than others for sure).  With that said, I may not run mine as hard as Evil Dan does so we may be comparing apples to oranges.

Added the rs DD rail on the other day, the Spear Arm spacer works as should, the rs nut does not. Required force which the TM upper handled. 

Also is there removing the pistol grip straight forward? When I turn counterclockwise it feels like it gets caught on something and I don't want to force it seeing the complexity of the MWS is. 

image_zpsyzc1h43h.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Came out around the 19th, .. join here for latest news and such.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/880697582045261/

Good to see spear arms on top of it though lol.

Edited by BioRage

So out of box I just can't put a real or normal airsofting spec rail system on this without adaptors and military spec stocks won't fit despite commercial spec nearly having died out in the real steel world. So disappointed. I'm sure the internals are fantastic but the problems with the upgradable of this put me right off. Same reason I'm getting rid of my SOCOM Recoil, wobbly barrels and other restrictions are driving me to consider a systema since I want a work bolt catch.

So out of box I just can't put a real or normal airsofting spec rail system on this without adaptors and military spec stocks won't fit despite commercial spec nearly having died out in the real steel world. So disappointed. I'm sure the internals are fantastic but the problems with the upgradable of this put me right off. Same reason I'm getting rid of my SOCOM Recoil, wobbly barrels and other restrictions are driving me to consider a systema since I want a work bolt catch.

But, but, but it is Tokyo Marui...

And largely I will defend them but surely it's better for them to build those things to t best spec. The Japanese market they cater too wants customisation options and the KAC rail is now so outdated for modern purposes. Why go out of way to make it so hard?

I'm just kidding.  There is just no perfect GBBR M4 as each have their problems and niggles...

• 2 weeks later...

I always do.

Anyway...., I've just got back in from a little night shootings. It's about 3 degrees C and I was testing a standard magazine versus a green gas modded magazine (silver tube removed).

The standard mag shot off roughly 10 shots before it died out. The modified magazine emptied roughly 25bbs before it gassed out. They were both nice and warm, the standard magazine was filled to the top whereas the modified magazine only had about 10 seconds worth of propane. I was shooting erratically so as to recreate general skirmishing.

I repeated the test with two modified magazines which were cold but gave them both a good 20 second fill each and they happily blasted out the bbs and locking back on empty. Even allowing me to go on auto, firing off bursts without any noticeable drop in cyclic rate.

I found that with the silver tube in the mag shooting indoors with green gas i was shooting 40-50 shots in semi with the tube removed 80-90 shots in semi but when i went full auto with the tube removed and the mag fully gassed with green gas it would not even empty half a mag, it just sputtered with gas spraying everywhere particularly out the barrel.  It is not as bad as long as you don`t over fill the mag but then you are back to 50-60 shots so i just put the silver tube back and it went back to empting the full mag perfectly in full auto without gas spraying out the barrel.  So in my experience removing the silver tube allows you to overfill the mag but affects performance especially in full auto.

I found that with the silver tube in the mag shooting indoors with green gas i was shooting 40-50 shots in semi with the tube removed 80-90 shots in semi but when i went full auto with the tube removed and the mag fully gassed with green gas it would not even empty half a mag, it just sputtered with gas spraying everywhere particularly out the barrel.  It is not as bad as long as you don`t over fill the mag but then you are back to 50-60 shots so i just put the silver tube back and it went back to empting the full mag perfectly in full auto without gas spraying out the barrel.  So in my experience removing the silver tube allows you to overfill the mag but affects performance especially in full auto.

Hmm, I don't have that experience at all.  Anyone with similar experience removing the silver tube?

I thought it may have been something else or an issue with the mag but as soon as i put the silver tube back into the same mag it fired fine again.  Didn`t do a lot of testing but i also noticed the chrono results where a little strange.  With the silver tube installed it fired around 380fps on green gas dropping steady until the end of the 40-50 rounds but with the silver tube removed it would fire one shot at 360 then 340 and seemed to repeat this pattern.  As i said only tested it quickly before putting the silver tube back in and never got around to testing it again but can`t understand why removing the silver tube would alter the chrono results.

If you are using it with the silver tubes removed on green gas how long are you filling them as i found it could hold over 30 seconds of gas so perhaps it causes problems if extremely overfilled also are you using green gas or propane as i did think it may have been an issue with too much silicone in the gunfire smart gas i was using but it works fine with the silver tube installed.