First Impressions: Tokyo Marui M4 MWS GBBR

I thought it may have been something else or an issue with the mag but as soon as i put the silver tube back into the same mag it fired fine again.  Didn`t do a lot of testing but i also noticed the chrono results where a little strange.  With the silver tube installed it fired around 380fps on green gas dropping steady until the end of the 40-50 rounds but with the silver tube removed it would fire one shot at 360 then 340 and seemed to repeat this pattern.  As i said only tested it quickly before putting the silver tube back in and never got around to testing it again but can`t understand why removing the silver tube would alter the chrono results.

If you are using it with the silver tubes removed on green gas how long are you filling them as i found it could hold over 30 seconds of gas so perhaps it causes problems if extremely overfilled also are you using green gas or propane as i did think it may have been an issue with too much silicone in the gunfire smart gas i was using but it works fine with the silver tube installed.

10 seconds or so.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I made something happen recently. At the last game I attended, I noticed that there was roughly a million other players using Mk18's. Therefore I've gone down the hoorah road and utilised a Spear A

Hi guys.   I've waited for this rifle to be released for what felt like forever. Purchased from Impulse101 in Japan, this is among the first batch and I ordered 3 additional magazines which I was to

I've managed to piece together the video. It has taken longer than I expected due to doing some home improvements which diverted much of my time.   Mainly focusing on a comparison between it and th

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So tempted by one of these, but I'm thinking of going GHK instead for several reasons. 

Removing the silver tube seems questionable to me, a lot of reading around and I keep getting mixed opinions on the whole system.

Generally speaking, I think it's designed for 144a even in the mags (so long term durability is a concern), however the bolt catch Z system seems to be a winner (despite being a little over-complicated).

I'd plan to keep a spare bolt/nozzle ready in my kit bag in case of breaking a nozzle mid game, which you can't currently do with TM either.

• 2 weeks later...

So tempted by one of these, but I'm thinking of going GHK instead for several reasons.

Removing the silver tube seems questionable to me, a lot of reading around and I keep getting mixed opinions on the whole system.

Generally speaking, I think it's designed for 144a even in the mags (so long term durability is a concern), however the bolt catch Z system seems to be a winner (despite being a little over-complicated).

I'd plan to keep a spare bolt/nozzle ready in my kit bag in case of breaking a nozzle mid game, which you can't currently do with TM either.

Is there anyone with a broken nozzle ? I haven't seen any posts about it so far.

What are the current reports of running these things on propane/green gas, especially in hotter climates? I havent heard any reports (like how the mp7 issue arose wtih broken nozzles) with use on green gas. I tempted to run it in 85 F+ Florida weather to see how it fares and if any broken parts will ensue.

Similar to the question above, has there been any reliability issues consisent usage?

What are the current reports of running these things on propane/green gas, especially in hotter climates? I havent heard any reports (like how the mp7 issue arose wtih broken nozzles) with use on green gas. I tempted to run it in 85 F+ Florida weather to see how it fares and if any broken parts will ensue.

Similar to the question above, has there been any reliability issues consisent usage?

You need to remove the tube from the fill valve.

You need to remove the tube from the fill valve.

I may do that, but that seems to concern overall efficiency and increase # of shots for green gas (as seen with badabings video), not reliability. I wonder how the bolt is holding up for ppl with high round counts with propane during higher stress temps. I honestly havent heard any major failures...yet lol

In depth review in Russian. 
I know most of you won't understand this, but if you skip to 12:20 you'll see the consistency below 0 degrees celsius in Russian woodland.

I can translate anything for you guys, but his generally conclusion: He said he'll struggle to finish a mag using auto outdoors, but the system is very promising. Recoil is weak. Overall he recommends the gun to anyone looking for a GBBR in Russia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Qhnh32tFc

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I made something happen recently. At the last game I attended, I noticed that there was roughly a million other players using Mk18's. Therefore I've gone down the hoorah road and utilised a Spear Arms WA Outer barrel adapter, Model Works A2 Stock and G&P M5 RAS Front set.

I introduce my M16A4 MWS build:

29C065D3-E66F-4011-BBBA-1146DBE45BCD_zps

72B7638A-DBE8-4D17-BB60-E9B13C9FD511_zps

It has a lovely heft to it thanks to the steel outer barrel and the rifle is a joy to point. Best GBB M16? ;-P

• Like 13

As I understand the widespread use within the US forces were 3rd burst model's. However as it seems according to Wikipedia, Colt produce both selectable fire options for international sales under the same designation M16A4.

I too often wondered that as I saw Airsoft companies such as LCT and Bolt producing so called M16A4's but of course the gearboxes still fired on fully auto. Guess they're correct. And all A2's are actually A3's....and now my head hurts.

• Like 1