First Impressions: Tokyo Marui M4 MWS GBBR

I picked up an orga magnus vsr 200mm widebore to bring the fps down as i thought most tm gbbs were all vsr cut but unfortunely the barrel cuts are not in the right position for the tm m4 or any of the gbb pistols, so must just be vsr only.  Still haven`t decided wether to try to make new cuts slightly further down the barrel or just try to sell it on and try to lower the power via the nozzle.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I made something happen recently. At the last game I attended, I noticed that there was roughly a million other players using Mk18's. Therefore I've gone down the hoorah road and utilised a Spear A

Hi guys.   I've waited for this rifle to be released for what felt like forever. Purchased from Impulse101 in Japan, this is among the first batch and I ordered 3 additional magazines which I was to

I've managed to piece together the video. It has taken longer than I expected due to doing some home improvements which diverted much of my time.   Mainly focusing on a comparison between it and th

• 3 weeks later...

Hell of a nice rig you got there mate, there's definitely something extra special about having a hard case with clean and well organised interiors.

I've recently bought the UAC lightweight Bolt Carrier for the MWS and it's unbelievably fast. I'm in the middle of putting together a video of it at the moment but first here's a little look at the performance in cold weather.

Not quite freezing however it's the similar temperatures I experienced when I used it at Senny Bridge at the tail end of last winter.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, so I really want a MWS, but the issues with the gritty trigger are holding me back. I've seen this video where someone seems to have fixed it, does anyone know which parts of the trigger assembly I need to dremel off/down to achieve a short trigger reset and initial trigger pull travel?

Edited by KyleKatarn

Hey, so I really want a MWS, but the issues with the gritty trigger are holding me back. I've seen this video where someone seems to have fixed it, does anyone know which parts of the trigger assembly I need to dremel off/down to achieve a short trigger reset and initial trigger pull travel?

I picked one up because I felt that Marui's past record justified giving the MWS a chance. So far, loads better than any G&P or Inokatsu that I ever owned.

I really wouldn't worry about the trigger. It feels light compared to an actual GI trigger, which is gritty and heavy anyways

• 5 weeks later...

I finally found the time to take this to an outdoor game and I'm very pleased. After dealing with G&P/Inokatsu years ago I had given up on GBBRs but the Marui offering is a whole different animal. 

Accuracy isn't as good as the usual legendary Marui performance but it is still quite good. I had quite a few kills where opponents saw me and simply assumed that I couldn't shoot that far. 

18922862_659290864256924_610283490817289

Photo credit to Anthony Luna of Corpus Christi Airsoft

And the old school M4A1 is just so...classic

Edited by tinydata
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So after this time beeing around time for some sum up.

What fps can be expected out green gas out of the box?

What needs to fixed exchanged for beeing reliable and smooth shootin??

Are mag and parts avaible over all???

So fps out of the box with GG is about 370fps.

Nothing really need to be fixed or exchanged. A lot of people (myself included) replaced the hop with a WiiTech hop arm and a uac hop rubber. But not really needed. I put an NPAS in mine to bring it legal for UK gaming. I also removed the silver tubes in the mags. 

Part and mag availability is so-so atm.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/13/2017 at 7:52 PM, Beeingmyself said:

What fps can be expected out green gas out of the box?

What needs to fixed exchanged for beeing reliable and smooth shootin??

Are mag and parts avaible over all???

I played mine two weeks ago with 0,5 gr BBs and it rocks. Due to the physiks of GBBR the chrono says 1,5 Joule. Chroned with 0,2 gr the Display said 0,9. So go for the heavier BBs ;)