DAS M4A1 BY GBLS Korea

blobface

Another M4, yey! No seriously, this is pretty cool. 

For those of us that remember Real Sword mythical electric blowback with realistic bolt group, this Korean company seems to have beaten them to it!

If you pause the video where you can see the mag, it seems like it has feed lips like GBB, wonder if it stops firing at the last round and locks to the rare as well, if so, this might be something I would abandon my TM next-gen for! (provided the Korean power level can be improved)

thumb-1028366613_CNlrpR5z_ED81ACEAB8B0EB

thumb-1028366613_bwHW6I4Z_ED81ACEAB8B0EB

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

note the low korea FPS is general to just get the guns into the country...
I went to a competition there this year and was a 1J limit.... which is quite reasonable....  compared to the legal 0.2j limit.

Although this could also lead to problems geting them out of the country...   might have to wait for the china copy... lol.

I'm told this design was originally made in 2012.

But now I have my Korean contacts making further inquires... ;)

I wonder if this blowback will be too "gimmicky" and never skirmishable, in sense of FPS and battery life. Powering the spring for the piston and recoil mechanism will most properly tank the battery life. As for FPS, increasing the spring power might help it, but as drawback the ROF and battery again will suffer.

Still, I am interested in how it works, hopefully will see a more in-depth video of this gun soon. 

Personally, I wouldn't mind a Systema price tag if it was actually.. you know.. £1200 worth of quality.  Not pot metal receivers, fugly trades, a pointlessly chrome commercial spec buffer tube with a weird hop-up and an extremely spotty record as far as internal reliability goes (sorry PTW fans).

Probably, dont think there is a replica of that out yet.

Looks like a briliant design, actual bolt seems to act as a cylinder and nozzle, the spring inside the bolt powers the piston (quick acces for power changes if needed) and  the piston is probably held back in a similar fashion to a bolt action rifle but by the last tooth on the gear?

Anyone have any ideas about pricing or if this is actually getting released even?

Edit: there may even be a separate piston release tooth hiding on the back of the trigger unit by the looks of it, could that mean precocking by default?

I was hoping that instead of it being held by the last tooth of the gear it's actually held back by some sort of sear, so it would feel like a mechanical trigger, my only concern is the Korean's power level, and whether this can / will be upgraded for the rest of the world. 

Definitely not BS then.  Not quite the magnetic wizardry that RS promised (and failed to deliver) but gosh darn'it I'd say it's plenty close enough.

I feel like I may have once caught a glimpse of a cheap knock-off of the MOE fixed stock on some random, little-known ACM gear site... problem is I sift through way too much gear/airsoft *suitcase* online to actually remember it all.

Archived