DAS M4A1 BY GBLS Korea

blobface

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok... so originally this was designed by a company "Scorpion" in 2012...   and then due to one reason or another an engineer left.... to do his own thing...  hence DAS is a second company created to work on this design.... so potentially there is two different companies are working on very similar models available in the future.
and last of the good news.... The DAS version should be available in January.

and now the bad news...  i'm told... PTW pricing...  lol.
wait and see i guess... hopefully not everything i'm told is true.

Meeting with DAS managment next week... will update if anything new comes to light.  ;)

Looks like it is due to the camera sound or some weird accoustic problem. In the first video sound was fine.

Is that a real steel stock?

Based on Airsoft Canada and Arms-Cool discussion. It sounds like this system is just a modified TOP shell ejecting EBB. If that's the case the odd sound may also be result of motor having insufficient torque similar to how speed motor sounds when pulling a M150 spring.

From what I understand the TOP shell ejecting AR is quite popular as a rental gun in Japan. The same gun can be modified to be non-shell ejecting with a kit from TOP. My buddy at ARMS Magazine said the gun (be it shell ejecting or non-shell ejecting) is fun, but struggles to make B/C zone hits at 50 yards. B/C zone hits at 50 yards is what most Japanese reviewers consider what should be minimum requirements for a long gun (25-30 yards with a pistol). It's also the standard TM require of their guns at stock performance and velocity.

I highly doubt its a modified TOP considering they look like this on the inside.They both have a reciprocating cylinder assembly that looks like an AR carrier buts that's as far as their similarities go.

04.jpg

The lower portion looks very much like the shell ejecting lower. The carrier can be simply be result of resdisign gear box to be more pleasing and useful to the eye. Notice how there's a main spring within the carrier?

This is what I'm talking about

0:05 to 0:30 and 1:30 to 2:00

The pictures and video of the gun setup with a crane stock are there in the OP. It's probably rear wired and much like a SOPMOD/ERG at this point.

I'd like to see a front wired option as well but I can live with the crane.

That's what I thought too before I realised the buffer tube is going to be taken up by the buffer and spring.

That's what I thought too before I realised the buffer tube is going to be taken up by the buffer and spring.

Are you familiar with the way the original TM SOPMOD is wired?  Takes a battery in the crane stock.  The buffer tube is obviously required in the GBLS gun for the spring, buffer unit and reciprocation of the BCG but that doesn't affect storage of a battery in the stock.

Might be front wired since you can fit small LiPos inside a KAC RIS, but given the usage of the fixed MOE in the second video, battery in the stock seems most likely.

Are you familiar with the way the original TM SOPMOD is wired?  Takes a battery in the crane stock.  The buffer tube is obviously required in the GBLS gun for the spring, buffer unit and reciprocation of the BCG but that doesn't affect storage of a battery in the stock.

Might be front wired since you can fit small LiPos inside a KAC RIS, but given the usage of the fixed MOE in the second video, battery in the stock seems most likely.

Yeah but where would the wires run through? With a full stock I can see the wires running through where you would plug up with an endplate with a collapsible. But what about with a collapsible stock? Also how would you front wire this? 

Archived