blobface

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Precocking

-Forged receivers

-Steel outer barrel and (hopefully) furniture

-Bolt stop

Only thing that remains to be seen, is the hop up unit. I would be willing to say that on this day and age, it would be difficult for them to @#$&$ this up.

This gun is definitely very promising. It has the potential to render PTWs obsolete (most AEGs are already obsolete in my mind :P)

The interview was a good read, my interest is very much peaked!

Will be eagerly watching this product.

I wonder where they will house the battery, stock or fore grip? Could put some off if it was front wired, in particular if they are marketing to the 'Milsim' community who don't want to use battery boxes/ battery PEQ boxes etc and also want slim rails.

Looking at the pictures id guess rear wired due to the GBBr like system and RS like take down feature.

Yes.

But hey...what do I know...  even the gold plated delorean sold...  two.    lol.

ok.. I'm in manufacturing... so well aware of the elements involved and can understand the attempt to make a little bucket of money so they can move on to a cheaper mass produced version.
But if your initial selling price is so far above market par you are not going come anywhere near the planned targets to be able to move on.

Same thing will happen with the planed  BL Tech Boss.... and the completed and now not selling Viral Hexcam.
Why pay $1000 to look.. green...  when $200 to $400 basically the same thing.

$2500 USD (£1740) for the limited run model.

Ouch

It's actually even worse than that. The fully automatic gun is $2,500, but the semi-automatic only one is $2,700, and neither price includes shipping. The 'pre-order' involves paying 100% of the purchase price up front and the guns won't ship for a month, minimum. And they want a scanned copy of your passport and credit card.

I can appreciate why it's so expensive, but at the same time I just don't have the spare cash lying around for something this extravagant and untested, and meanwhile, it lacks some detail that someone who pays £2K for an airsoft gun might want... such as marking, I did a quick word search and couldn't find anything, but are there any mentions of real steel accessory compatibility? 

More than likely... the compatible parts design will be closer to a PTW or GBB (so more RS compatible than not) than a TM AEG.

I know for a fact at least the mags have been tested with 2 different strengths of PTW mag springs.  ;)

And hopefully they are reading this thread... (again... lol)  and will consider a more reasonable price.

But hey.. again... what do i know.

Wouldn't be the first time i've been wrong... wont be the last ether. 
I thought the mk26 stoner would be a bit of a flop, but G&P sold a ton when it was first released (not that i have ever seen one ingame. lol)

But if you do the math... it still could be somewhat of a success.
Something like the drake equation... there just have to be life out there. lol.
Eg: at that price its for the 1% ers...that have money and don't care...  and as airsofters are like 0.01% of the population.... so this model would be for the 0.0001% of us...  ;)

Comparing an ICS to this would be massively unfair, perhaps a TOP made to actually work without shells / better externals, personally a Devilhunter modded GHK gun with some sort of lightweight CNC mag that reduces the mag weight by half would be the ultimate AR airsoft gun for me, because I can already tell while this has the manual of a GBBR, it still doesnt' kick like it, but has the advantage of lighter mag weight with a little more capacity, and not affected by weather. 

I made a small research and i figured that i can build a similar system from ICS split gearbox + around 400 500 bucks

Similar... How, exactly? No mechanical precocking, no separate bolt-carrier, no 1:1 receivers, no forged receivers, no bolt lock, no bolt release, no recoil; no anything that makes this gun special. What you would have would be a regular AEG.

Same thing will happen with the planed  BL Tech Boss.... and the completed and now not selling Viral Hexcam.

Why pay $1000 to look.. green...  when $200 to $400 basically the same thing.

Sorry for the OT, but where is that figure coming from?  eHobby sell the sets (shirt and trousers) for about $140, which is Tru-Spec range pricing.

Archived