DAS M4A1 BY GBLS Korea

blobface

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comparing an ICS to this would be massively unfair, perhaps a TOP made to actually work without shells / better externals, personally a Devilhunter modded GHK gun with some sort of lightweight CNC mag that reduces the mag weight by half would be the ultimate AR airsoft gun for me, because I can already tell while this has the manual of a GBBR, it still doesnt' kick like it, but has the advantage of lighter mag weight with a little more capacity, and not affected by weather. 

Don't see how the GHK gen2 mag can be any lighter and still support the Devilhunter mod. The only reason why it's one of the only viable GG mags to be modded for CO2 is because of how overbuilt it is for GG in the first place.

All skepticism is valid and justified, but I am pretty exited about this project. If the reliability and performance are there, just the fact that this gun has a forged receiver makes it worth if for me (in the $500 - $1000 price bracket)

Comparing it to GBBR's is a bit unfair, as I dont think is its objective. On the other hand, it would be the ultimate AEG, rendering PTWs, ERGs and TM's next gen obsolete with one stroke.

I'm kinda curious about the trigger feel too, since they said it can be used like a springer when the battery runs dry (if I remember correctly). If it has a mechanical feel like a VSR that would splendid.

[J]ust the fact that this gun has a forged receiver makes it worth if for me (in the $500 - $1000 price bracket)

According to PopularAirsoft these should have forged receivers, but the first 300 (at least in the photos) appear to have billet-CNC'd receivers (which would go some way towards explaining the high price). If they transition to forged receivers that would be good. The Insider says the production guns are forecast at a third the cost of the preproduction guns, which would put them squarely in the $850 area.

t would be the ultimate AEG, rendering PTWs, ERGs and TM's next gen obsolete with one stroke.

Recoil Shocks and ERGs will always have a place if this thing is $800+ for the simple reason that they cost about a third and half that respectively. However, I agree with you on one thing: if this thing works well, and if the required aftermarket develops quickly, this could well kill off PTWs. People only get into PTWs for the realism and performance, and if this is as described it beats Systema on both counts.

Don't see how the GHK gen2 mag can be any lighter and still support the Devilhunter mod. The only reason why it's one of the only viable GG mags to be modded for CO2 is because of how overbuilt it is for GG in the first place.

Changing it to lightweight aluminium and have it CNC'd instead of casted should reduce the weight significantly, but also very expensive in comparison.. and instead of using pierced co2 bulb, you could use threaded screw on ones that saves you having to add the outer sleeve and puncture valve etc. 

I'm kinda curious about the trigger feel too

I don't think comparing it to GBBR would be unfair at this stage, they have gone so far that even the trigger feel is mechanical, if the price was right and the recoil wasn't too inferior, it has potential to capture a section of the GBBR market (if the price was 1/3 in the production model). 

Changing it to lightweight aluminium and have it CNC'd instead of casted should reduce the weight significantly, but also very expensive in comparison.. and instead of using pierced co2 bulb, you could use threaded screw on ones that saves you having to add the outer sleeve and puncture valve etc. 

Actually you're right... and I don't think it'd be too much more expensive. It wouldn't have to involve much intricate processes. A lot of material could be left on and it'd still be lighter. In fact... why not just cast it out of aluminum even?

I'm still curious how this differs from the Top M4 EBB Cartless (aside from being machined and several times more expensive)

While I'm certainly not saying it justifies paying the difference, the two are mechanically quite different, the GBLS is more like a springer system hidden within a GBB bolt that is cycled / cocked by a PTW's gearbox in the lower (that is splittable by pin removable like any GBB), this is TOP's on the left, GBLS on the right:

top-m4a1-ver.-2-carbine-ultimate-shell-e3p.jpg

The TOP's bolt is basically a small decorative cylinder that gets cycled within a gearbox, so the weight is low and the travel distance is short compared to the GBLS, as a result I suspect the recoil of the TOP would be inferior, the trigger pull sensation is also likely to be really good compared to the TOP (or any AEG) due to it being mechanical instead of electronic. 

https://youtu.be/RpzFZe0owkE

Another video this time with 'testimonies' of ppl trying it out, a couple in English.

The last chap described recoil as better than a TM AEG. I can only assume he is referring to TM NGR

Also good comments on build quality though I would think the version on show is the 2.5k one!

Yeah I'm very interested at this point, think I'm likely to get the mass production version when available provided it's under $1k..

Provided I can get hands-on one one and I'm suitably impressed (and can get decent Colt/FN trades on it) I might pick one up too.

Archived