DAS M4A1 BY GBLS Korea

blobface

Not great, admittedly.

I understand putting a warranty restriction on, say, opening the gearbox, but given that the popularity of the AR15 platform is predominantly based on its modular design, it seems a little heavy handed to tell people not to touch it at all.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, actually. I don't see why this should be any more sensitive than any other AEG or PTW - it doesn't have a microprocessor-controlled FCU (like, say, a PTW or Scorpion EVO3A1 does) which would be the bit that would trip up most otherwise competent airsoft techs, and fundamentally it is just a collection of gears and springs just like everything else.

That said, I'm pretty sure you void the warranty on virtually every airsoft gun if you crack the gearbox open, it's just that we don't usually have a representative of TM turn up in Arnie's threads spelling that out.

Not great, admittedly.

I understand putting a warranty restriction on, say, opening the gearbox, but given that the popularity of the AR15 platform is predominantly based on its modular design, it seems a little heavy handed to tell people not to touch it at all.

Yeah but he's not. The English language (and I suppose Korean too) is not computer code. He obviously means "Disassembling and conversion". 

Not great, admittedly.

I agree, actually. I don't see why this should be any more sensitive than any other AEG or PTW - it doesn't have a microprocessor-controlled FCU (like, say, a PTW or Scorpion EVO3A1 does) which would be the bit that would trip up most otherwise competent airsoft techs, and fundamentally it is just a collection of gears and springs just like everything else.

That said, I'm pretty sure you void the warranty on virtually every airsoft gun if you crack the gearbox open, it's just that we don't usually have a representative of TM turn up in Arnie's threads spelling that out.

In DAS system, the back-and-forth movement of real sized bolt carrier controls all steps for firing directly. Not only heavy bolt carrier which moving, but also gears in gear box are designed and made very delicately to bear the load of this bolt carrier. DAS gun is a machine itself. When you see and try it, you can only understand why we have to emphasize "Sensitive". 

For me right now the biggest thing I would like to swap off is that crane stock. I never liked them and they are uncomfortable for me. I prefer the CAR -15/LE stock.

The reason we use crane stock is that DAS needs the place to store battery. If CAR –15/LE has a enough room for Li-po 11.1v, you could use it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know if you watched the entire video or not, but the "fail", as you state it, could be due to the fact that the girl firing the weapon pulled back the bolt to check if the weapon was loaded, which I would speculate caused a double-feed and somehow led a BB astray and jammed the mechanism. How this caused the mechbox to go haywire I don't know, but I guess the design of the mechbox requires the bolt to go completely into battery in order to stop the motor or gears.

Other than that I think the video was a suitable demonstration of the platform, and GBLS was kind enough to leave these minor errors in, which I think shows good character. A few of the later test subjects where unaware of the concept "fire selector" and was blindly hammering away at the trigger expecting something to magically happen. Or they where under the impression that the weapon was already set to "fire" for some reason.

And another video, curious about the miss feed and the fail.

I don't know if you watched the entire video or not, but the "fail", as you state it, could be due to the fact that the girl firing the weapon pulled back the bolt to check if the weapon was loaded, which I would speculate caused a double-feed and somehow led a BB astray and jammed the mechanism. How this caused the mechbox to go haywire I don't know, but I guess the design of the mechbox requires the bolt to go completely into battery in order to stop the motor or gears.

Other than that I think the video was a suitable demonstration of the platform, and GBLS was kind enough to leave these minor errors in, which I think shows good character. A few of the later test subjects where unaware of the concept "fire selector" and was blindly hammering away at the trigger expecting something to magically happen. Or they where under the impression that the weapon was already set to "fire" for some reason.

MODDAN explained very well. Thank for your comment. :D

DAS's upper receiver is the same as GBB. When the user does not use the BBs we recommended or loads BBs more than one time, BBs will be jammed inside just like GBB. But DAS mechanism was designed not to be damaged by this kind of error. When BB is jammed, you can solve it easily with this folloing procedure. First, lock back the bolt carrier group by pulling back the charging handle. Second, remove the magazine, clean the chamber. And then just try firing again. It will work well again.

So i watched the video again, and the Girl is fired 3 or more shots than she switched to full auto and shot one burst and the second burst jammed( maybe poor BB or something, i had GBB too), but She didn't touch the charging handle or the bolt, before the fail and the clear shots.

Don't get me wrong i m happy to see that the company doesn't censure the fail, I just corious what happened.

And also pls GBLS make the non limited ones under 1500 bucks. (or i will be really sad).

So i watched the video again, and the Girl is fired 3 or more shots than she switched to full auto and shot one burst and the second burst jammed( maybe poor BB or something, i had GBB too), but She didn't touch the charging handle or the bolt, before the fail and the clear shots.

Don't get me wrong i m happy to see that the company doesn't censure the fail, I just corious what happened.

And also pls GBLS make the non limited ones under 1500 bucks. (or i will be really sad).

Yes. As we said before, there are several reasons about jammed BB. a. Double fed b. using the BB we do not recommend. c. The others according user's handling. The reason fo failure during girl's shooting is poor BBs (we do not recommend). Hard (Solid) BB should be used for DAS guns, but only normal BB was used at the time.

We often visit arniesairsoft. If you have a question, feel free to leave a comment. We will try to give you full answer. We think users' opinion is very important. If there an idea makes our item improve, we will adopt the opinion with the pleasure :)

We want to correct wrong information first.  Full automatic ver. is USD 2,500, and Semi-auto only is USD 2,700. :D (http://www.gbls.co.kr/sub/limited.html)

We are trying to release mass produced version in the first half of next year, and the price can be opened only by airsoft shops. We hope it would be about half of the limited edition's price.

Archived