DAS M4A1 BY GBLS Korea

blobface

How about the new hop up chamber?

I just got back home from being stranded. When I can I am going to try and go out tomorrow and play with it in its stock form just because I want too. Then I am going to ship it to DAS. So I'll try and get a comparison and if I figure out YouTube I'll try and do a comparison video the best I can. Weather here is getting winter again so I may not do a good job

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first time I had to pay to ship it there for the repair on my trigger, but they paid for the return shipping. Funny thing to me that I laugh about is they used the same box and packing to ship it back to me. Worked great cause I packed the day lights out of it and had to pay extra in the shipping for the weight hah. To my understanding though for the other upgrades that I don't have (going to try ship it on Monday) I pay for the shipping down there but they will reimburse me for it and they will ship it back to me for free. So I'm happy hehe. Tomorrow I'll be at a local game and I'll try and do some video. Been too busy the last few days to do anything else.

Any way that is a good think that they didn't disapeard after selling 2500$ guns, and if it works after the upgrades its a better thing than a systema recoil Cr@p which is more expensive and don t include magazines (for 150 $ each), and of corse no lifetime warranty

Sorry, you have a $2500USD AEG which broke during normal usage and you don't have shipping reimbursement included in the warranty?

Acting like this is a $250 gun that costs $2,500 (and therefore the manufacturer has a $2,250 profit margin and can afford a few trips halfway around the world) is a bit disingenuous. Is it pricey? Yes. Does that mean there was necessarily a fat profit margin? Not necessarily.

I bet it costs $100+ to ship this gun to and from Korea each way. If it goes back to the manufacturer a couple of times and they have to pay for shipping both ways they'll lose any profit they might have made selling it in the first place even before the parts and time it takes to repair it.

Acting like this is a $250 gun that costs $2,500 (and therefore the manufacturer has a $2,250 profit margin and can afford a few trips halfway around the world) is a bit disingenuous. Is it pricey? Yes. Does that mean there was necessarily a fat profit margin? Not necessarily.

I bet it costs $100+ to ship this gun to and from Korea each way. If it goes back to the manufacturer a couple of times and they have to pay for shipping both ways they'll lose any profit they might have made selling it in the first place even before the parts and time it takes to repair it.

My point isn't ERMAGERD THEY MAKING A PROFIT because I'm fully aware that bringing a complex, totally new mechanical design to the table is a massive, expensive undertaking.

My point is that the gun is failing under pretty normal operating conditions, and when you are trying to push what is essentially a luxury product (You know, because it's literally an order of magnitude more expensive than the mid-range models in the market) you should be taking EVERY opportunity to improve customer satisfaction and brand image.

To be honest, I'm amazed that so many people have paid $2500USD plus shipping for what is essentially a very expensive ticket to a pretty blatant beta test.

I agree to an extent, but I feel if you go in on a product that's this innovative, this different to what's currently out there and this new, but don't expect to have a pretty hefty amount of early adopter problems, you were being very naive.  It's a lot of money for an airsoft gun but I'd wager it's plenty cheaper than lots of other innovative stuff that comes out with bugs and issues.

Perfectly valid to expect a high level of service when forking over that much, certainly not an invalid point.  But they must already be getting through plenty of cash with hardly anything coming in at this point, keeping various staff on roster (for a fair while now) redesigning and changing stuff, continuously working on the gun, remanufacturing components, putting those new bits in people's guns at no charge and shipping them back.  imho, you're not getting a bad deal with the support you're receiving and if we want this system to progress people are going to have to invest in the 'beta', it's not like they ran a KickStarter or anything (that I know of).  That's the nature of it in a hobby this small.

It's entirely a personal perspective on the way one will take it, but that's just mine.  Personally the way GBLS have handled things so far makes me even more interested in potentially picking up one of the mass production models as and when those appear.  If I had a deployment looming and a nice big bonus coming my way I'd be down for one of the special editions with the aluminium receivers, extra mags etc.

I keep reading negative comments on here. And I have never had any negative feelings about this rifle. If anything, I love it. It eats battery's like mad that I can tell. I only have one battery modded for the mini deans and it's a cheap battery, but feeding has been no issue. I played a 30 minute game today and ran through almost 30 mags at about 30bb's each through the gun before the battery started dieing. The accuracy is still really good for stock form. Still estimating between 100-110 feet before it starts spreading. Even then the spread isn't bad. Maybe 4inches at the most. There is a flyer once in awhile but still, good accuracy. Bolt has always locked back with no issues. Mags feed flawlessly. I mean, it's an awesome rifle. DAS has been more than helpful. I literally had conversations at times through emails when I worked nights with LordGBLS at times for questions I had.

I do wish there was more people sharing videos, forum post or just more information about this rifle to give the community a better view of it. And sorry, I didn't get the range/accuracy video like I wanted. Played too much with it hehe. But, this guy has a few videos in 360 that may help people see the rifle. It's game play videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/adu6me

I look forward to sending my rifle back and get the other upgrades to see what else it can do. And shipping cost me about 50 or 60 I think it was when it went down the first time from my location. Hopefully one of these days I will get some sort of video for you all to see what it can do. I'm just camera shy. I also want to test battery's out. The cheap battery that I am using only has two sticks for the power at 2000mah. I just got two more battery's that have three packs attached to them. One at 3000 and the other at 2000mah, different manufacturers. I don't think the amount of packs will have any effects on the rifle but I do want to try and do some sort of test to see if one last better than the others and see which one works best possibly.

I said it before and I will say it again. I love this rifle, and I look forward to seeing what else it can do and I hope it helps the hobby advance to a better era of airsoft.

If you can explain how it can be done I can look into it on mine. Also does any one have any recommendations on grease? I have tried 4 different lubricants and can't find one that I feel safe using. I just learned about the NLGI rating and I feel a rating of 0 or 1 would work great, but I am having difficulty trying to find a grease with that rating so far.

It's from their book face page, but thought I would share it. https://www.facebook.com/gbls.co.kr/posts/1829577370698969

Holy *fruitcage*.

No eye protection on the shooter, he muzzle sweeps several of the people standing around him and the table he's working on and HE'S SHOOTING LIVE AMMO IN THE *fruitcage* SAFE ZONE

I wonder, since this is in Korea... does that mean the power level is under 0.2J aka 148 fps on 0.2bb? Maybe that's why the safety standard is drastically different as it's practically nerf at this point (well, still wouldn't want it in my eyeball of course, but it's practically gindan level power)  

Holy *fruitcage*.

No eye protection on the shooter, he muzzle sweeps several of the people standing around him and the table he's working on and HE'S SHOOTING LIVE AMMO IN THE *fruitcage* SAFE ZONE

It's funny, some one in the comments section toys with them about that too. It's in Korean though and it does the bookface translation.

If you can explain how it can be done I can look into it on mine. Also does any one have any recommendations on grease? I have tried 4 different lubricants and can't find one that I feel safe using. I just learned about the NLGI rating and I feel a rating of 0 or 1 would work great, but I am having difficulty trying to find a grease with that rating so far.

Holy *fruitcage*.

stryker20000, When we return your gun after upgrading, I will put some of grease we are using now and send picture of grease showing brand and model for your information. With it, find the same or similiar one for your gun. Do worry about it :) 

And DarkLite, we and related staff will be more becareful. Thank for your pointing out! 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, nothing yet. I have not had the chance to send mine back yet. Just can't find the time. I'm that family member that basically does everything for every one. I hope to do it tomorrow though. I basically told every one in a nice way to leave me alone. But I am curious about the new hopup system. You can also call me Stryker. Easier than putting in all of the 0's.

I finally sent it out today, but my post office estimates the arrival time to be May 8th.  Last time I sent it they got it in about 4 business days I think.  When I get it back ill try and do some sort of video.  Weather here is getting better and I know of a good spot with some really good shade to test out the setup.  If the hopup is what I hope it is then I will tinker with it more to see what else I can do with it.  Ill try and get back to any one that may still be interested as soon as I can. 

Archived