DAS M4A1 BY GBLS Korea

blobface

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At a guess, the way the thing works, the stronger the spring inside the bolt carrier is (that actually dictates FPS) the heavier the trigger pull's going to be and that's apparently been a problem even at lower levels.  Obviously also tougher for the motor/gears to cycle the BCG back and re-cock the piston with a higher FPS spring as well, but whether the system has some inherent issue with that I've no idea.  The fuses were popping quite a lot already though right?  Seems to take a lot of energy to run the thing.

It's actually weird to me when it comes to the fuses as I actually forgotten about them pooping. The first two fuses I got from DAS popped after a few rounds. I picked up some of the same amp fuses from an auto shop and I have had the same one in the gun since. I am wondering if they just got a crappy batch. I have to watch it again but I think Brain Exploder did the same thing didn't he?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the last range video really surprised me, 50 to 55 metes of maximum range and probably 45m of effective range at 335fps and 0.25gs is a quite good performance for a stock gun, hope they keep the level with the massproduced version.

BTW: the guy says the mags hold 45 BBs, but in different videos it is stated that they hold 60, which is quite low in my opinion, I tought they would be able to cram at least 85 like the TM recoils or even 120 like in the PTWs.

Best of luck to DAS and third party support, really looking for these and their future AK line =)

Only problem with the first release of the mags was it was a pain to load.  The second batch, V2, is a lot easier to load.  Not too sure if that had something to do with it or maybe they are trying to reach out to the combat community for training purposes? Thats my guess at least.  All good for me personally as I still only load about 30 rounds, but for others it might not be what they are looking for.  Maybe they will release a more "midcap" style magazine in the future?  The internal design is pretty interesting though as I tried to figure out why one of my mags still jams at the very last few shots.  Kept tripping me out as I was using it last sunday and put almost 1000 rounds through it in 45 minutes.  Would keep firing but nothing would come out hah.  Took that one aside and will just keep it there for now I think....Still an awesome gun though and I hope it does pick up in the community. 

You bet! I do hope they do catch up too, since this looks like a great realistic gun, but appealing only to milsimmers will drastically reduce their sales, not asking for hicaps, of course, but a more sensitive 100rds mag will help sales a lot, they just need to work with other accesories brands and expand the third party support.

Can't wait for details about the massproduced version =D

So it looks like it will be releasing after November 25'th: http://bbs.ruliweb.com/hobby/board/300227/read/30556652, and a tad bit more of a read if any one is interested: https://jmagazine.joins.com/monthly/view/318289  Will need to translate them.

Looks like the one I own doesnt have that special ceracote, cerakote..  whatever that finish is.  I honestly never seen it, my rifle shoots awesome, I love it, so I dont mind.  Got a new optic for it too and with the kick, it might not work very well even though people on the reviews claim they used it on 12 gauge shotguns and 223 rifles.  Still, mabye its something I did wrong with the optic hehe.  Also higher weight bb's, around .28, are still a go and hard bb's are better.  So far only ATM bio bb's appear to be a good brand.  I tried some Valkens .25's and they didnt seem to chip or anything inside of the bolt, but the accuracy and range was erratic.  I have better luck with my AMP .25 bb's

I just ran across this page a minute ago and did the Google Translate: http://www.airguns.kr/front/php/product.php?product_no=4691&main_cate_no=1&display_group=2 scroll down and you should see the rifle itself with a drop down menu.  It gives you two options.  Colt or DAS trademarks.  Very interesting.

The first release did have the 60 rounders, but the second batch/ upgrade is set to about 45. Just like a gas rifle having a heavier bb is better for accuracy. .28's seem to be a good middle ground right now for it. Same distance about and better accuracy.

Oh, stryker20000!. Did you think we downsized our mags' capacity? No, we did not. Upgraded mags still has the same capacity. Could you tell me about your problem by email? I will ask if other users are experiencing the same problem.

The first release did have the 60 rounders, but the second batch/ upgrade is set to about 45. Just like a gas rifle having a heavier bb is better for accuracy. .28's seem to be a good middle ground right now for it. Same distance about and better accuracy.

Oh, stryker20000!. Did you think we downsized our mags' capacity? No, we did not. Upgraded mags still has the same capacity. Could you tell me about your problem by email? I will ask if other users are experiencing the same problem.

I just ran across this page a minute ago and did the Google Translate: http://www.airguns.kr/front/php/product.php?product_no=4691&main_cate_no=1&display_group=2 scroll down and you should see the rifle itself with a drop down menu.  It gives you two options.  Colt or DAS trademarks.  Very interesting.

If COLT trademarks are engraved like the DAS ones in the pics, then those are a must! 

Very impressed and happy on how the gun is shapping, good luck to GBLS!

DeltaZero, if you search YouTube for GDR15 there are some Koreans that have their hands on the full production model.  Out of the 4 I have watched this one is the best one to view that shows a good visual on what it looks like, but its all in Koran with no other translations except for Korean subtitles.  Still gets his point across pretty well though:

Archived