DAS M4A1 BY GBLS Korea

blobface

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.gblsusa.com/collections/accessories/products/30-60-rounds-light-gray-steel-magazine-gbls-das-gdr-15-m4a1-airsoft-gun

$45 dollars for one mag is ridiculous. That's GBBR mag pricing, which negates one of the biggest advantages this replica could have had over them.

If that wasn't enough they decided to limit BB capacity to a max of 60 rounds for no good reason since they are not limited by green gas or co2. Yet another potential advantage over GBBR's that they did not capitalize on.

I guess they couldn't be off to a worse start than this.

$45 isnt that bad for a mag. Its not great granted, but its not that bad. As for the 60rnd capacity its not outrageous either. For a system like this where its mainly aimed at people that want a bit more realism it wont affect much. If you want to be trigger happy and shoot leaves all day I suggest you go with a regular AEG and I'm sure GBLS are of the same opinion. Personally I go for more realism, I run a regular AEG or a Polarstar simply because they're less hassle than GBBRs seem to be in my experience (lets not start the tank/airline debate, I don't notice it at all, its hidden, get over it). I run 5 80rnd mags all day with no issues at all. I'm sure most of the people interested in this platform are similar to me and want to avoid the maintenance/cold weather performance woes that GBBRs suffer from. 

Have you even read the entire thread and followed all the answers from LordGBLS? Its clear what their target market is, it's clear there is demand, they don't need to worry about anything else. 

While I see the point in realism and the like, reducing your potential buyer base is not the best of the moves, I mean, TM recoil aegs mags (original ones) hold a more sensitive round count, 80, while letting the user decide if they want to go full realism (30rds) with the flick of a switch, in fact, these mags have the same system built in, so, I don't think it's necessary such limitation, 80 rounds are a good compromise for both worlds

Pricewise, well, it's obvious they use mags to get a faster return of their investment and give their customers that little Systema feeling of "premium", because, lets face it, there is nothing in those mags which can explain that pricetag, well, besides the "I'm the only one making them, so pay what I want".

Hope the gun starts to get traction and third party support makes the gun more appealing for us the "not so realismmilsimop8tors", which will ultimately bring them more sales, more support, etc

Just my piece of feedback to GBLS

$45 isnt that bad for a mag. Its not great granted, but its not that bad. As for the 60rnd capacity its not outrageous either. For a system like this where its mainly aimed at people that want a bit more realism it wont affect much. If you want to be trigger happy and shoot leaves all day I suggest you go with a regular AEG and I'm sure GBLS are of the same opinion. Personally I go for more realism, I run a regular AEG or a Polarstar simply because they're less hassle than GBBRs seem to be in my experience (lets not start the tank/airline debate, I don't notice it at all, its hidden, get over it). I run 5 80rnd mags all day with no issues at all. I'm sure most of the people interested in this platform are similar to me and want to avoid the maintenance/cold weather performance woes that GBBRs suffer from. 

Have you even read the entire thread and followed all the answers from LordGBLS? Its clear what their target market is, it's clear there is demand, they don't need to worry about anything else. 

Not that bad? That's exactly the price of a TM MWS M4A1 mag which is a lot more expensive to produce for obvious reasons as it has to hold gas. These are clearly overpriced, you're delusional if you think otherwise.

Yes, I've read the whole thread and I perfectly understand who the target market is because I'm part of it. An option for at least 90/120 bb's is needed if you want to actually skirmish with it.

I love it when "milsim" players get on their high horse and think that running anything above 60 bb's is unrealistic, as if 1 or 2 bb's are the equivalent of a .223 round.

they can very easily just load 30 into them.

I can't agree with that, counting to 30 is too difficult! and adding one more or less rounds would ruin their realism!

Just kidding =) I understand that TM found some problems with the round count since they needed some space for the "lever" mechanism which actuated the bolt stop and that's why their mags only hold 80 rounds, but again, third parties managed to squeeze 120 rounds in PTW mags, which to my uneducated eye seem very similar to these DAS ones.

So, I think we can all agree that these are just over priced and underengineered mags aimed to make up for some of the price of the gun, which to be honest, I think features some great goodies OOTB like the PTS rail, grip and stock, not to mention the cerakote finish

I think features some great goodies OOTB like the PTS rail, grip and stock, not to mention the cerakote finish

Which brings up another point I forgot to make earlier. Whilst the PTS rail, grip and stock are nice they should also be offering a plain jane M4A1 (preferably Colt licensed or unmarked) at a lower price point. Because lets be real, if they actually knew their target market they'd know that people who spend upwards of $1.5k on a replica will want to put their own furniture on it.

I can understand that, since they had some problems releasing the mass produced version, they probably don't have the capability to release two or more versions of the gun, so they decided to go full premium.

I too agree with you there, differente "vanilla" versions would have been nice, like a CQB, Carbine and M16, but this release is less than a couple of months "old" I'm sure more models will be available soon too 

True, but it would've been better the other way round. Release a plain M4A1 first, enabling you to offer it at a slightly lower price point to make it more accessible and get people on-board and then later on release a PTS version. Don't get me wrong I think the system is great and I genuinely want to see it succeed as I believe its the only revolutionary AEG we've had since TM released the recoil shock series almost 10 years ago.

With that said I've been disappointed by the recent developments, as it currently stands I don't believe the numbers make sense. If I have to be limited to GBBR mag capacity and mag price then I'd rather get a VFC M4 forged series GBBR for $1000 less, which is fully licensed, better finished, kicks harder and is overall more realistic.

While my personal preference is with a plane jane release, I do understand their approach of a full premium product to appeal even more to the kind of customer most likely to shell out that kind of money. If the gun looked duller (like a plain M4/M16) premium buyers could perceive it as a less appealing product while lower tier potential customers could still perceive the price too high and not buy the gun. 

I think they made the right decision on releasing a premium version, Now I just need to save and wait for an european distributor

I think HOOT has a very valid point though with the vanilla rifle. It is nice to have the good stock for the battery space and rail system, especially the rail system, but there are others that want to switch things up. Like me. I completely replaced the whole rifle and made it into an M16A4 basically. Having two different versions available would be nice, a fancy one that is out, the GDR15, and a vanilla one. I would recommend keeping the EPS stock though for both rifles as there are a bunch of wiring for the rifles.

The magazine though, I believe they are making one that is 120 capacity. At least that’s what I heard. I’ll check with LordGBLS though on that.

Give it time, prices should go down and third party support will most likely come out with something.

Hope it works as I am doing all this on my phone. But this is my baby. I haven’t tried the stock parts with the barrel, bucking and nub though. I replaced those with that r-hop thingy.... An umbrella factory barrel and Prometheus flat bucking and nub. Using .28’s I get around 300 on semi and 290 on full auto pretty consistently. On .20’s it’s around 245 semi and 240 full auto. I saved up enough cash from holiday pay and OT and picked up another hopup unit for DAS to make a shorter cabine length upper to switch out to any field that isn’t long range, and we have some here where I play. Hope you like it!

EDIT: I will have to attach an outside link later tonight as I need to run an errand.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

So, not sure if any one is still following this but thought I would do an update of the sorts. 

So, it’s been nearly 2 years since I picked up my DAS. And I still have a hard time thinking that it’s been that long. In that time I have had ups and downs, especially in the beginning. But now that everything is broken in well it’s running smooth, just the way we like it in this hobby. I have put I have no idea many rounds through it. Best guess I could say is between 17k and 19k. Even then I could be wrong cause that’s not including misc ammo I have tried/ plinked with. Right now this bad boy is still my primary rifle and a few guys that I play with like to shoot it to tinker with it. But, there are still faults that I run across at times that are fixed very easily thanks to DAS’s great customer support. Withought them I don’t think I would love this gun as much as I do. But I have had two motor shafts break on me, and have been replaced with no problems. I have had numerous wiring issues sadly with wiring disconnecting from connection points. I have basically replaced my whole shrink wire wrap with electrical tape at this point hah. But it’s a quick fix and easy to do. I have had no other blown fuses, surprisingly not much drop in FPS either. But I also had my bolt lost when I sent it to DAS to have both the bolt and gearbox cleaned and relubricated. DAS replaced the bolt even though, I feel at least, it wasn’t their fault so I am greatful for that. I also have had a new mosfet installed, one that is used by the GDR15, but has to be externally wired due to the different dimensions of my gearbox. Sucks cause there is a large random block on the wiring. But still, it works. 

All in all this is, and will be, my primary rifle for future games, events, plinking what have you. Running 11 mags at times and got my hands on the Odin adaptor for easier loading. Gun is a beast and a tank. Fell literally on it, dusted it off a tad and got back into the game.  Took me about an hour to get all of the random dust and dirt out of the bolt, mag well and everything hah.  Love this gun and I wish others could get it at a better affordable price. Hopefully it will drop down more in price out of the training weapon price range to a better tag so others can get their fill. That’s all. 

Also sadly LordGBLS no longer works for DAS. He/She moved on last year around August sadly. They where a great person to speak to and quick with the replies for customs support, but with the new US office in NY it makes it easy and quicker for replies and shipping. 

I find it staggering that people are still considering this a viable platform when it costs that much and has such a laundry list of problems.

Credit where credit is due on their customer service (unless you had to pay for all those repairs/replacements) but this is a system that costs $1750USD and $45 a magazine!

I appreciate the design intent but there have been some very serious missteps in implementation, and the price point is still as ridiculous as it was at release.

Archived