DAS M4A1 BY GBLS Korea

blobface

More video this time of the limited edition version with FPS and ROF demo

Looks fairly consistent.

You can see the flight path of the bb, looks to be over hopping, though they are firing at a slight incline angle

I'd personally be more interested in accuracy.

Anyway, enjoy:

Also in the video I'm not a big fan of the noise it makes, #spoiltbyGBBr

https://youtu.be/5jvjguTPfaw

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, guys. I am in GBLS and signed up here to provide information. I can not sure if arniesairsoft allows manufacturers to write comment directly or not, but will do my best to communicate with you according their rules. Here is our new video with 400 fps test for USA market. I hope you could be helpful to answer your question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1sO5yGjCkE

Hello, guys. I am in GBLS and signed up here to provide information. I can not sure if arniesairsoft allows manufacturers to write comment directly or not, but will do my best to communicate with you according their rules. Here is our new video with 400 fps test for USA market. I hope you could be helpful to answer your question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1sO5yGjCkE

Welcome to the Forum! Thank you for sharing this video. It certainly appears to be a relatively consistent velocity AEG. That's good to see. Would it be possible to see some accuracy tests? For example, 25m and 50m test with the gun strapped down to a bench (to remove as much shooter error as possible)? That is something I think a lot of us would like to see.

Regarding you posting on this forum on behalf of GBLS, it should be fine. You just have to be an approved company account I believe. I've tagged your post so hopefully a moderator can make that change to your account.

I think I speak for many of the members here when I say we are curious about your product and look forward to seeing more info about it.

Thanks for joining in, Mr. GBLS.

I have a few questions:

1) How many bbs do the magazines hold?

2) Is the hop-up and barrel compatible with standard TM AEG parts?

3) How do you adjust the hop up?

4) Is the pistol grip compatible with standard TM AEG grips?

5) Is the battery stored in the stock or in the foregrips?

6) Will you be selling the magazines in multi-packs? If so, could I suggest selling them in batches of 4?

7) Can you give us rough figures for prices of the magazines and production models?

Thanks!

Thanks for joining in, Mr. GBLS.

I have a few questions:

1) How many bbs do the magazines hold?

2) Is the hop-up and barrel compatible with standard TM AEG parts?

3) How do you adjust the hop up?

4) Is the pistol grip compatible with standard TM AEG grips?

5) Is the battery stored in the stock or in the foregrips?

6) Will you be selling the magazines in multi-packs? If so, could I suggest selling them in batches of 4?

7) Can you give us rough figures for prices of the magazines and production models?

Thanks!

According to their FAQ:

- 60 round proprietary DAS magazine mags

- Works with RS hand guards, front sight etc.

- Outer barrel, inner barrel, hop up are compatible with other GBBR brand models (they noted WA elsewhere in their FAQ).

- Upper/Lower Receiver: is not compatible to other products as DAS M4A1 was uniquely developed by GBLS systems.
- Limited edition ships with 5 extra magazine. (6 magazines total ship with the gun.)
- Rear wired and battery held within the stock. Ships with a crane-style stock. Buffer tube is essentially milspec style. If the stock has a storage unit for the batteries it can be switched.
- Grip: Standard AEG grip. Compatible with other brands.
- Motor: proprietary DAS motor.

That answers some of the questions at least.

I do wish the mags had a 30 or 60 capacity setting like the TM Sopmods and ERGs. I'm curious about the hop up if it really is 100% compatible with the WA/G&P style.

According to their FAQ:

- 60 round proprietary DAS magazine mags

- Works with RS hand guards, front sight etc.

- Outer barrel, inner barrel, hop up are compatible with other GBBR brand models (they noted WA elsewhere in their FAQ).

- Upper/Lower Receiver: is not compatible to other products as DAS M4A1 was uniquely developed by GBLS systems.
- Limited edition ships with 5 extra magazine. (6 magazines total ship with the gun.)
- Rear wired and battery held within the stock. Ships with a crane-style stock. Buffer tube is essentially milspec style. If the stock has a storage unit for the batteries it can be switched.
- Grip: Standard AEG grip. Compatible with other brands.
- Motor: proprietary DAS motor.

That answers some of the questions at least.

I do wish the mags had a 30 or 60 capacity setting like the TM Sopmods and ERGs. I'm curious about the hop up if it really is 100% compatible with the WA/G&P style.

Cheers, missed that page on the site.

Not super hot on the WA style hop-up unit. They were never very good.

Wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Having the barrel + hopup assembly be AEG style would've undermined the point of this project I think. Also plenty of aftermarket support for WA spec. Lots of good stuff out there.

Wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Having the barrel + hopup assembly be AEG style would've undermined the point of this project I think. Also plenty of aftermarket support for WA spec. Lots of good stuff out there.

1) I don't see how having a 8.5mm brass tube hidden inside a cosmetic outer barrel is any different from having an 8.5mm brass tube hidden inside a cosmetic outer barrel. I certainly cannot see how it would "undermine" the point of the project. An AEG hop-up rubber is no less unrealistic than a WA GBB M4 hop up rubber.

2) The WA hop-up unit is total wank. It's also only adjustable from under the foregrips which means that most free float RIS front ends will render the gun an utter arseache to adjust. Notice that 90% of the aftermarket parts for WA GBB M4 hop-up units and barrels are conversions to AEG spec rubbers and barrels.

1) I don't see how having a 8.5mm brass tube hidden inside a cosmetic outer barrel is any different from having an 8.5mm brass tube hidden inside a cosmetic outer barrel. I certainly cannot see how it would "undermine" the point of the project. An AEG hop-up rubber is no less unrealistic than a WA GBB M4 hop up rubber.

2) The WA hop-up unit is total wank. It's also only adjustable from under the foregrips which means that most free float RIS front ends will render the gun an utter arseache to adjust. Notice that 90% of the aftermarket parts for WA GBB M4 hop-up units and barrels are conversions to AEG spec rubbers and barrels.

I don't think they mean it's going to be 1 for 1 copy of the WA hopup design. If it is there is still plenty of aftermarket units out there that lets you use whatever rubber/barrel you want

I thought what you wanted when you asked if it's compatible with TM aeg parts is literally pulling the hopup and barrel out of an AEG upper and sticking it in this. If that's the case I'm going to be 100% against it.

Due to the fact that the chamber is completely open and that it works kinda like a GBB (except with a spring piston in the bolt instead of a nozzle that vents gas from the mag), it would make sense that the hop up unit would be similar to a GBB... and there are only so many ways to achieve adjustable hop up where the hop rubber is located at the base of the outer barrel instead of the middle of the bolt like a normal AEG... 

You didn't say "I don't like WA-cut barrels and hop-up rubbers", you said 'I don't like the WA hop-up unit and would prefer an AEG one'. M4 AEG hop-up units are big, shiny items that sit right in the ejection port area; that's undermining the point of the project (realism) pretty severely. The WA M4 unit is an excellent design from the point of view of realism and can readily be adapted to AEG-cut barrels and rubbers.

If you didn't mean "I would like to use an AEG M4 hop-up unit in this gun instead of the WA one", what did you mean?

2) The WA hop-up unit is total wank.

The WA hop-up unit is absolutely brilliant at being small enough to fit into the outer barrel without having to intrude into the chamber area, and variations on its design (e.g. PRIME's, GHK's) are extremely accurate. Some of them (e.g. PRIME's) are available in rear-adjust models.

Hop up parts are the same as WA's.(Not similar, and not copied, but just WA's ones itself.) DAS's upper receiver is like GBBR, while lower one is like AEGs. So we had to choose hop up parts from GBBRs, and WA's are the best for our system among them.  

I've personally never had issues with the WA type hop-up's accuracy. For me it was more an issue with gas output consistency leading more so to variances in rounds going down range. The GBLS is essentially a platform that has apparently all the upsides that most users/players want out of a GBBR platform ... without the downsides of the gas. It's basically an EBBR. :)

Plus the fact that this EBBR doesn't have to house gas in the magazines mean that you should be able to drop the mags as you would an AEG or even a real magazine, and not have the substantial weight of most WA gas-type mags.

Personally, I'm excited to test this system out and compare it to my real AR-15's side by side.

Really excited with this project as well, I have been waiting for a realistic AR platform for AGES! and this seems to be going smoothly to the finish line. Took a look at the FAQ but I have a couple of questions of my own.

- Can a stock gun safely handle 440FPS? I would like to use mine as an M16 DMR

- Will different variations be released? like an M16?

Thanks for the chance to ask you directly and good luck with your project LordGBLS

Sigh. Ok, PureSilver, let's go.

You didn't say "I don't like WA-cut barrels and hop-up rubbers", you said 'I don't like the WA hop-up unit and would prefer an AEG one'. M4 AEG hop-up units are big, shiny items that sit right in the ejection port area; that's undermining the point of the project (realism) pretty severely. The WA M4 unit is an excellent design from the point of view of realism and can readily be adapted to AEG-cut barrels and rubbers.

Actually, I did no such thing. What I said was:

And:

So in fact, if you had been bothered to read what I had written, I did in fact say "I don't like WA cut barrels and hop-up rubbers".

If you didn't mean "I would like to use an AEG M4 hop-up unit in this gun instead of the WA one", what did you mean?

I was wondering if GBLS had managed to make a hop-up unit which takes AEG barrels and hop up rubbers. I simply missed the word "rubber" in my intial list of questions.

The WA hop-up unit is absolutely brilliant at being small enough to fit into the outer barrel without having to intrude into the chamber area, and variations on its design (e.g. PRIME's, GHK's) are extremely accurate. Some of them (e.g. PRIME's) are available in rear-adjust models.

Yes, it is good at being small and having the right form factor, but so are the GHK and Prime M4 hop up units (which take AEG barrels and rubbers) and the WE M4 hop up unit, which can take TM GBB style barrels and rubbers.

So why stick with an annoying hop-up unit which

1) Requires you to remove the foregrip to adjust, making most RIS rail front ends untenable

2) Uses very uncommon hop-up rubbers and barrels.

My major concern is that something that costs so much should be designed well. The WA standard hop-up unit is not a great design, the market is inundated with AEG barrel/hop rubbers and TM/WE style GBB barrels and hop up rubbers, showing just how well regarded (hint: Not at all) the standard WA barrel/hop combo is.

- Can a stock gun safely handle 440FPS? I would like to use mine as an M16 DMR

- Will different variations be released? like an M16?

Hello, Isamu. Thank for your questions.

1. 440FPS - Our mechanism is the same as a sniper gun's, and has a high accuracy rate. It's good for DMR. And DAS M4A1 can handle 440 FPS. But basically items in the market will be set lower than this velocity.

2. Variations - Coming up next model is AK series. After AK, we will make other M series rifles as well :) 

Hey LordGBLS, thats great, so it seems I will need to wait for an upgraded spring to get the full potential from it =)

BTW, Awesome idea making AKs as well, if they are made as realistically as the M4 series, well, I will need to sell one of my kidneys to get all those sweets :lol:

I'm sure springs will pop out as soon as the guns start to get tracktion, but for the first months of its life, a Prommetheus delta barrel will surely lower the FPS or even just adding some 3d printed spacers in the spring housing will raise those 300 FPS closer to the 330 FPS

Not really concerned since the gun looks fruitcaging awesome and I can live with the FPS.

BTW: If I can give my two cents, I would suggest to make spare upper receivers readily available so we can build different ones for diffent roles and situations. Many brands allow this but buying upper receivers is always difficult

Can the user change the springs inside the bolt assemblies?

We chose popular FPSs among the velocity range have been asked so far by mail, and made these 3 different bolt assemblies for 280, 360, and 400fps first. Since our own designed spring is used for DAS, other AEG springs in recent aftermarket are not good for DAS system. You may be able to change spring, but it is not recommended. As you know, we have a recoil kick, and it would affect the balance of a pin holding spring and bolt together after break up.

We are cooperation with a spring manufacturer famous for their technology, and will get wider our FPS variations according to uses’ request. Wait more :D 

Archived