DAS M4A1 BY GBLS Korea

blobface

But I'm sure they use some type of standardized spring.

DAS spring is not standardized one, so we hope you to use the spring provided by us. We will make the bolt assemblies more and more with various FPS with mass production model.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW: If I can give my two cents, I would suggest to make spare upper receivers readily available so we can build different ones for diffent roles and situations. Many brands allow this but buying upper receivers is always difficult

As you saw the clip, you can change your FPS by exchanging bolt assembly. We are going to sell spare body kit next year, but as I know, there is no plan for extra upper receiver. But buying spare bolt carrier is more comfortable and economical than buying upper receiver? B) 

As you saw the clip, you can change your FPS by exchanging bolt assembly. We are going to sell spare body kit next year, but as I know, there is no plan for extra upper receiver. But buying spare bolt carrier is more comfortable and economical than buying upper receiver? B) 

I think he was more talking about different barrel lengths optics and handguards. More convenient to just swap the whole upper as opposed to having to take everything apart and reassembling in the desired configuration... Like how the MK18 and MK12 were originally intended to be mere conversions of regular M16 or M4's in way of supplying just the pre-built upper receivers.

Yes, as CaptCalvin pointed out, the great thing about the AR-15 platform is how modular the platform is. For example, with my real guns I have many uppers, and fewer lowers so I can mix and match upper/lower as I need. Being able to have different upper receivers would allow the consumer to have one GBLS DAS gun but it would be easily reconfigurable. That would certainly appeal to me.

Also, ambidextrous fire selectors would be a huge plus. I understand from the FAQ that the limited edition guns come with 6 magazines but does GBLS offer additional magazines for sale? I was also wondering about the sizing of the magazines ... could I install the magazine internals into a real PMAG shell or into a PTS Systema PMAG?

BTW: If I can give my two cents, I would suggest to make spare upper receivers readily available so we can build different ones for diffent roles and situations. Many brands allow this but buying upper receivers is always difficult

I think he was more talking about different barrel lengths optics and handguards. More convenient to just swap the whole upper as opposed to having to take everything apart and reassembling in the desired configuration... Like how the MK18 and MK12 were originally intended to be mere conversions of regular M16 or M4's in way of supplying just the pre-built upper receivers.

Oh, Now I got Isamu’s saying. Thank you for your explanation, CaptCalvin.

As I said above, we plan to sell spare body kit later, but I never heard about upper receiver’s selling. It's hard to add right now, but I will suggest it to production department. Thank both of you, Isamu & CaptCalvin.

Yes, as CaptCalvin pointed out, the great thing about the AR-15 platform is how modular the platform is. For example, with my real guns I have many uppers, and fewer lowers so I can mix and match upper/lower as I need. Being able to have different upper receivers would allow the consumer to have one GBLS DAS gun but it would be easily reconfigurable. That would certainly appeal to me.

Also, ambidextrous fire selectors would be a huge plus. I understand from the FAQ that the limited edition guns come with 6 magazines but does GBLS offer additional magazines for sale? I was also wondering about the sizing of the magazines ... could I install the magazine internals into a real PMAG shell or into a PTS Systema PMAG?

It looks more convenient for users to have extra upper receivers. I will suggest it to production part. ^_^

With the release of mass production model, we will sell magazine in the market. This mag. could be used for mass production models & Limited edition. And you cannot install our internals into PMAG item’s shell. Not compatible. We will design various mag. later, and if we have a chance, I will inquiry PMAG if they can make mag. For DAS or not.

It looks more convenient for users to have extra upper receivers. I will suggest it to production part. ^_^

That would be just awesome! I have a WE katana and getting spare uppers is a PAIN! If I can easily get spare uppers for the DAS I will cry with joy!

Exactly. Why don't you in fact just keep a catalog of spare parts so those of us who prefer to do our own repairs or otherwise have to do or own repairs, can do so in case something breaks?

Definitely right. :D  Our internal is different from other Airsofts, so we concluded we should offer information to repair fully by manual and video clip. The list of parts needed the maintenance after a couple of games and how to replace will be informed to buyers as well. Limited edition is guaranteed for life, so we will provide free part and A/S. But for the mass production model in next year, you can have help of the distributor in your country.

Exactly, KJWorks let you email them and buy any spare part directly from them, which is great since almost any shop stocks spares, just the full guns

The internal parts of DAS cannot be compatible with other Airsofts’ one. Someday the 3rd party could provide our parts, but not right now.

I think he means to use them as an example and hopes that you guys will be similar and offer to sell any parts to consumers when they need them directly from you rather than from a distributor. I would personally rather talk direct than go through a distributor as it cuts the middle man and keeps things simple without anyone trying to get out of their obligations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I never knew the CNC'd model was guaranteed for life.

That's awesome and definitely justifies the price. Good going.

Are you guys planning on releasing a limited high end AK version?

devil's advocate disclaimer: unless they go out of business... this is an ambitious project that probably required a lot of debt to get off the ground

The internal parts of DAS cannot be compatible with other Airsofts’ one. Someday the 3rd party could provide our parts, but not right now.

I think he means to use them as an example and hopes that you guys will be similar and offer to sell any parts to consumers when they need them directly from you rather than from a distributor. I would personally rather talk direct than go through a distributor as it cuts the middle man and keeps things simple without anyone trying to get out of their obligations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I am so sorry to ISAMU. I have not realized his saying at once, and gotten extra explanation from other members to understand correctly. I am really sorry for that.

We are going open online shop to provide service directly, but we need more time. Till that time, customers need to get the part and other stuff from other distributors or resellers. We will do our best to advance it.

Ok, I never knew the CNC'd model was guaranteed for life.

That's awesome and definitely justifies the price. Good going.

Are you guys planning on releasing a limited high end AK version?

Yes, We are. Before AK mass production models, we will release AK limited edition first just like this M4A1 model. :)

devil's advocate disclaimer: unless they go out of business... this is an ambitious project that probably required a lot of debt to get off the ground

It ruquires more money, surely, to make a few hundred guns with CNC milling, but we have a solution as well.

Are you guys looking to sell to M/LE as well as training tool? It'd be super awesome if that could help bring the price down for consumers... :P (I know usually the opposite happens because it adds the level of tactic00l / operator that makes things more expensive, but I'm more thinking of being able to increase economy of scale as those guys buy in larger bulk than one at a time) 

Cheers guys! Thanks for helping me explaim myself with all the rushing ideas and sloppy comments =)

No problemo LordGbls, we are really excited with the new platform and hope for it to success. I'm just glad to put my two cents on the table

Are you guys looking to sell to M/LE as well as training tool? It'd be super awesome if that could help bring the price down for consumers... :P (I know usually the opposite happens because it adds the level of tactic00l / operator that makes things more expensive, but I'm more thinking of being able to increase economy of scale as those guys buy in larger bulk than one at a time) 

Yes, we have got inquiries about supplying guns to M/LE relataed group, and it is under discussion.

I understood your saying fully. We will doing our best to provide our item at the reasonable price to customers! :D 

Wait so, will the grip dimensions be realistic? Or is it still going to be fat like other AEGs?

I'm curious too. I read before that the DAS M4 is compatible with standard AEG grips. So perhaps the motor is customized to GBLS' specs but it's size and shape is still standard AEG motor size?

We are going to use the long type motor used for other AEGs(so DAS is compatible with standard AEG grips), but "Customized" I meant is about motor shaft. We need to change it according to our system.

Archived