GHK AUG GBBR

bankz5152

Yes you read that correctly. 

Apparently according to a source deep in Taiwan GHK are working on, as in nearly finished, an AUG GBBR. Apparently also based of the Project T system but not limited edition.

I have no more information than that but still pretty cool! Nice to see new RIFs which are not just another M4 :D

Probably won't go for this one myself, never been the biggest fan of an AUG but none the less!

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two questions:

1) Is it a plastic body? (I think that's obvious)

2) Will it take CO2 (I think that's obvious too)

So then, that being said, my money will remain with me, hah.

Edit:

Yes cool - they beat WE then, meaning I can assume the internals will be top notch!

I take it will take stanag and g5 pmags. 

I know this is a speculation thread mainly, but is it GHK or Hephaestus? My understanding is that project T was pretty much a thrown together kit installed in AEG bodies by Hephaestus using G5 internals, where as if this is actually done by GHK, then it's likely to be something else entirely.. 

I know this is a speculation thread mainly, but is it GHK or Hephaestus? My understanding is that project T was pretty much a thrown together kit installed in AEG bodies by Hephaestus using G5 internals, where as if this is actually done by GHK, then it's likely to be something else entirely.. 

AFAIK, it's GHK, and NOT a collaboration like with Hephaestus. - but i could be very wrong :)

My speculations would be - based off G5 internals, using STANAG mags (hopefully - new mags be annoying af). Reinforced poly plastic body - I would assume they'd use an existing body like Classic Army, but being GHK as GHK, they would have their own molds, with the plastic they use on the G5..

Interesting. I would have thought WE would have gotten to it first. But I guess since WE has been preoccupied with making wierd fringe stuff like double barrel glocks, Ghk beat them to the punch.

A shame too. Since WE has been teasing about an AUG for years. But who knows, nobody thought the p90 would ever come out but its here, who knows if WE doesn't announce one soon as well. Though at this point Ghk would've taken half the wind out of their sails.

If it works decently, I'll pick one up. Ive always had a strange love for that wierd gun.

I think at this point a Thompson would be likely since they been showing pictures of it. But WE is one of those companies that you never know about what tricks they have up their sleeve. Especially when they have a tendency to do surprise releases.

Oddly enough, having used so many WE rifles, I would almost prefer them to make an AUG. My numerous WE m4 builds still run great. A few inexpensive replacement parts aside. But my Ghk akm broke out of the box after a few mags. And then the replacement parts broke too. Its a bit strange but I think WE is just better at rifles that they design themselves then Ghk is. Even if their clone pistols are mostly garbage.

If it's based on the Project T, would that mean it would be carrying its rather lackluster performance?

I'm intrigued to know what lackluster performance? Mine has been brutal out the box. First shot I ever took in a game with it hit someone at 45 meters while they were mostly concealed. Pretty much the only thing I dislike about the Tavor is the disassembly isn't true to real steel, but that's something I can look over as everything works perfectly.

I'm intrigued to know what lackluster performance? Mine has been brutal out the box. First shot I ever took in a game with it hit someone at 45 meters while they were mostly concealed. Pretty much the only thing I dislike about the Tavor is the disassembly isn't true to real steel, but that's something I can look over as everything works perfectly.

Recoil is weak, is my only gripe about it (For a $750-1000 MSRP in Canada). Other than that, it's surprisingly heavy and better then I expected in terms of feels.

I'm surprised.

I thought the G5 had a really nice kick to it and a bullpup would put you closer to the action? Bear in mind I am ignorant in literally all other aspects of both systems though! 

Would have thought they would sell more with the AUG A3 SA NATO but we'll have to see! It would be nice for a non-stanag version for the aug fanboys but that's a bit of a luxury I suppose. 

I'm surprised.

I thought the G5 had a really nice kick to it and a bullpup would put you closer to the action? Bear in mind I am ignorant in literally all other aspects of both systems though! 

Would have thought they would sell more with the AUG A3 SA NATO but we'll have to see! It would be nice for a non-stanag version for the aug fanboys but that's a bit of a luxury I suppose. 

Yes - G5 has a very nice kick (Maybe because of the PDW size?) , and it's not the same as the Tavor.

I just want some pictures, but this with TM AA-12, ugh decisions >_>. Hoping the make a 10.5 AUG, yum.

Archived