GHK AUG GBBR

bankz5152

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is its still airsoft. The majority of folk would never notice or even care about the subtle differences. Providing the main changes are done.

Look at the L85 A1/A2 many changes in the RS one but they are minimal in the Airsoft one. Charging handle being the main one.

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Between the A1 and A2 there is a practical difference that applies to airsoft; the A1 having a permanently attached 1.5x scope or a permanently attached rail a la Tokyo Marui's "AUG Civilian" or Classic Army's "AUG A2," and the actual A2 which has a removable 1.5x scope that can be replaced with a rail without swapping the entire receiver. The A2 is far more modular. 

I'm still dying for an F88 so I can do an Australian kit, but no one seems to provide the proper birdcage flashhider or bayonet lug.

What would be really interesting would be a kit to make it take a 9mm style mad. Though, I'm sure there's very little chance of that happening.

I don't see the point of 9mm version. AUG Para uses an oddball gun's magazine which doesn't exist in airsoft. IIRC it was the SMG used in Austrian army at the time.

I don't see the point of 9mm version. AUG Para uses an oddball gun's magazine which doesn't exist in airsoft. IIRC it was the SMG used in Austrian army at the time.

Yup, the AUG Para takes MPi 69 magazines. UZI magazines are aesthetically similar but it's not like GHK make those either; the only GBB ones on the market are KWC, and I can't see GHK selling a kit that requires you to buy magazines from a competitor. I suppose it would be nice if GHK decided to make UZI magazines and a 9mm conversion for their ARs to go with it, but I reckon that's unlikely to say the least.

Just watched Redwolf's video on it and really disappointed. 2x scope? Three position safety? Fusing an A1 and an A2 and calling it an "A1"? TM and CA were the only two companies to get the A1 right. I guess if I want to do an Australian kit I'll have to hunt down an old TM or CA and 3D-print the proper flash hider and bayonet lug since no one seems to care about military-issue AUGs. 

Archived