Placing the pistol

Beeingmyself

Hello airsofter & chairsofter and a happy new year for all of you guys and girls

I am looking for a alternative place to put my pistol holster.

Use to have a dropleg holster but the gun got smashed into all sort of thing

and most of all got filled with dirt and sand and droped the magazines

and so on and so on conclusion it did not work for me

I only use a platecarrier and I use all the space/molle for my magazinepouches on the front

and du wish to keep it low profile so I can get close down without having to worry

about anything when I am on the ground.

I have tried placing my holster on my molle belt but it is a bit high on my hip(o)

so I am having trouble drawing the gun a reholster it again.

Anybody else knowing of this or someone who have a good idea

please speak freely and comment

See you in the optics

All of this screams crappy *albatross* universal holster. If it was made well and specific to the gun (even if nylon), you would not have problems about magazines dropping out. If it was secured properly with a wide paddle to distribute the weight and a material that will not cause it to shift around so much from inertia (all without being tightened too much) it wouldn't stick out and bang into things unless you start rolling around on the ground with it.

But if you're really through with drop legs and don't want it to be up front, have you tried mounting it on your belt/waist at the 4 o'clock position?

i also dislike my pistol holster getting caught up in everything whilst trying to crawl along and so i keep my sidearm under my left arm.

the holster i use is a bianchi universal um84 (get the size closet to your pistol) and i use the original clips on the back of the holster to attach it vertically to my chest rig

pistol is totally secure and proctected but most importantly it is well out of the way until needed, admin area of chest rig has 4 pistol mags in pouches

All of this screams crappy *albatross* universal holster. If it was made well and specific to the gun (even if nylon), you would not have problems about magazines dropping out. If it was secured properly with a wide paddle to distribute the weight and a material that will not cause it to shift around so much from inertia (all without being tightened too much) it wouldn't stick out and bang into things unless you start rolling around on the ground with it.

But if you're really through with drop legs and don't want it to be up front, have you tried mounting it on your belt/waist at the 4 o'clock position?

I use a Serpha CQC holster

Mounting it a 4 o'clock and it wil interfer with my plate carrier.

SERPA CQC drop leg? You'd think that putting swivels on the belt attachment points aids in flexibility when running, but it's the same dumb design that leaves it free to flop around like a fish out of water. Cannot recommend those at all.

Edit: the swivels also prevent you from placing the holster as high up as other drop legs which is how they're supposed to be worn in the first place.

I used to run my pistols on leg rigs when I was younger, but I'm now always putting them on either a molle belt on my hip or right next to the right side of my primary magazine pouches.

Never had a problem drawing them, though sometimes putting them back can be a bit tricky.

Blood dragon was an awesome game.

My least favourite far cry game (even less than 2) because of one single thing, the 'view grain' effect that meant I spent the entire game not having a damn clue what I'm looking at. Even if there was just a mod to remove that and make it clear again, it would be *the best* of all far cry games, and the best by a long way.

Archived