Which Inner Barrel?

Sagittarius26

Stock TM 416 with a Spectre BTC Mosfet. Inner barrel length of about 400cm. 

That was some kind of lingth for a 416 ;7)

Which BBs are you using and are you a spray and spray aim by the hose kind og triggerhappy

or more like an 1-2-3 short burst kind of type?

If you already have an airtight gun (cylinder and hop) I would recommend trying to fix the inner barrel first

It is cheap and do a hole lot more than you would think in the first place.

Just by putting an O-ring in between your outer barrel and inner barrel will help

If you want more, try heavier BBs, I use 0.28 in all of mine but by switching from 0.2 to 0.25 you will see a big difference

That was some kind of lingth for a 416 ;7)

Which BBs are you using and are you a spray and spray aim by the hose kind og triggerhappy

or more like an 1-2-3 short burst kind of type?

If you already have an airtight gun (cylinder and hop) I would recommend trying to fix the inner barrel first

It is cheap and do a hole lot more than you would think in the first place.

Just by putting an O-ring in between your outer barrel and inner barrel will help

If you want more, try heavier BBs, I use 0.28 in all of mine but by switching from 0.2 to 0.25 you will see a big difference

I've put a silencer/barrel extension on the gun so that I could have that extra barrel length. Because currently the inner barrel length is 275 mm. Just want to get that extra bit of range and accuracy/grouping. I rarely do go on full auto. 

Steel 6.05 like PDI and Prometheus does are indeed very good. Tanio Koba twist is a quality steel 6.05 as well, but it'll grt flamed on for mentioning this ^^. Don't forget KM TN 6.04 though: steel, well built with similar results as above. Go 6.03 from mentioned brand if you can't find 6.05. Just know that just installing a inner barrel won't do wonders.

DL, never said that, but from my own experience it didn't under perform either. And the cost is about the same.

They're not the holy grail of barrels, it's just another option :).

Also, please show me any controlled test of barrels.

Too many factors AND amateur or semi-pro measurement equipment can not be taken seriously.

Not so long ago I posted the results of amateur barrel testing here on arnies, of which I couldn't believe the results.

Standard 6.05's outperforming or equals most premium brand.

Many, understandably , called BS. I was confused.

That's the only test I ever came across.

Let's be honest here, the BEST barrel is your standard 6.08-6.05 brass barrel, but clean and degreased.

That's absolutely the best bang for your buck. You want better range/accuracy? Tune a metal hop unit and add better bucking then R-hop it.

I've put a silencer/barrel extension on the gun so that I could have that extra barrel length. Because currently the inner barrel length is 275 mm. Just want to get that extra bit of range and accuracy/grouping. I rarely do go on full auto. 

Barrel lenth on AEG doesn't effekt range.

Everything above 250mm will have very little to say regarding accuracy.

I have run Guarder barrels and Guarder hopup rubber with very good performance on AEGs

You will probably be able to get extra range with some of the newer hop up mods.

And as mentioned obove clean your barrel and make sure you BBs are clean as well

• 3 months later...

Hi

I would like to open this thread again. I am planning on getting a new precision barrel for a GBB-R platform with 20" barrel (510mm).

I have been looking at the Magic box miracle barrel, KM inner barrel, a-plus rectifier or lately the very promising APS-X TNT barrel.

Anyone got any good pointers here?

Or should one stick to classics like PDI Orca Magnus or such?

Pros & Cons

Thanks

I have experience with KM TN barrels in a KWA KM16 aeg. Solid barrel. Can't get much better in quality. Now read my words again. Can't get much better.

As in, you probably can, but doubtfully so, and to what price and by what margin?

That said, PDI are in the sme league, orda can do wonders in GBB.

I... Look atbthe other 3 you mentioned with doubt though.

Stick with what we know? ;)

Yeah maybe you are right.

And there is of coarse many factors weighing in when it comes to getting precision, range and stable trajectory.

Just trying to get the best out of the box precision. There is a lot of talk and videos out here about the TNT and miracle barrel. I want to know if they are as good as they claim to be.

Is there no one here with experience of

Traditional precision barrels and 1 of the following;

1. APS-X TNT

2. A-Plus rectifier

3. Miracle barrel

4. Tanio-koba twist barrel

?

All four of the barrels you listed are gimmicks. You can look at YouTube on those and judge for yourself but a 6.08-6.05, lapped, crown extended, r hopped and m nub barrel will take on those barrels for fun. And you need to shim your hop arm for added precision.

No such thing as a mirace without work involved. Most players on these forums don't really want spend money on these "magic potion" barrels.

I realise of course and don't want to compare good competent custom work with out-of-the-box solutions, but I want to know if they are any good. And if so which better? How do they compare to other ootb inner barrels?

There seems to be a lot of opinions about them around but not so many that have experience from them.

Any input is appreciated.

I have experience with Tanio Koba twists. They not especially good nor bad. A tad bit harder to clean due to sharp biting edges of the 'rifling' ( they can tear off little fluff off you cleaning patch). They act as good 6.05 barrels.

Like i said. Nothing special but certainly not bad either.

Knuckles recommended them'for GBB pistls less than 7" in barrel length and that indeed works very well.

No, but they are significantly more sensitive to volume balancing issues (which is why they work well in gbb pistols, as the floating valve ensures they will never be undervolumed).

Go for a PDI 6.05mm if you have money to burn, a PDI Raven 6.01+ if you don't.

• 2 months later...

TK are nice.  They require a bit of hop-up balancing with the right bb.  Think of them as "early" Wide bores and IMHO better than a wide bore for HPA use.

I have one of my uppers on a G&P with a 363mm TK and I use that set up for .28g at 330fps...it is quite...accurate.

Archived