Universal Kit for 2001-2015 U.S. Impressions

Gigueand

Hi Guys,

If you were going to put together as many 2001-2015 U.S. impressions as possible with as few pieces kit as possible which pieces of kit would be included?

For example, the most universally used helmet is/was probably the ACH/MICH 2000. Regular U.S. Army, Army SF, 75th Ranger Regiment, Navy SEALs, SFOD-D/Delta/CAG, USMC, MARSOC, etc have all, at one point or another, used the MICH 2000.

M4..is the most universally used weapon..

But as Kit wise i think its hard because every unit has its own gear, Army uses IOTV's,Rangers use RAV's and so on..

Can only really say a bit of kit they all use is the Helmet lol

Camo is hard cus all unit wear whats mission ready..

Weapons besides Army have a range..

Plate Carriers besides Army again have a wide choice..

List goes on for other stuff..

I think your LBE is going to be the real problem, because while you might find the same carrier used it will almost certainly be in a different color. I might be inclined to go with a some kind of chestrig in Khaki, as it would be plausible to be seals, navy, cag, or marsoc depending on the period and rig, I know nothing about about the air force, but I assume their SF have at some point used a khaki rig. Maybe a MBSS? LBT something or other?

Camo is easy, desert or woodland have been used by basically everyone.

Not sure about blaster, I've never been super into ar's, so I don't know how much overlap there might be.

The problem is gonna be that you'll end up with a generic SF kit that could be just about anything, but not look like anything in particular.

You would probably get the most out of a smoke green RAV.  Its been seen on MARSOC, AFSOC, SFOD-D, Rangers and Seals afaik.

I'm not sure about that, it may have been seen among members of those groups, but I think for most that would be the exception, not the rule.

I think your LBE is going to be the real problem, because while you might find the same carrier used it will almost certainly be in a different color. I might be inclined to go with a some kind of chestrig in Khaki, as it would be plausible to be seals, navy, cag, or marsoc depending on the period and rig, I know nothing about about the air force, but I assume their SF have at some point used a khaki rig. Maybe a MBSS? LBT something or other?

Camo is easy, desert or woodland have been used by basically everyone.

Not sure about blaster, I've never been super into ar's, so I don't know how much overlap there might be.

The problem is gonna be that you'll end up with a generic SF kit that could be just about anything, but not look like anything in particular.

Me I'm the opposite but to save me some time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_individual_weapons_of_the_U.S._Armed_Forces

Helmets, gear color, camouflage are all different from what I can tell

So general consensus seems to be

M4A1 with various accessories

MICH 2000

DCU

Paraclete RAV

The RAV was used when? 2003 to roughly 2007? Pretty much early Iraq War period?

Bottom line seems to be that there isn't really any universally used kit for modern impressions. As was mentioned, some similar LBEs were used, but often in different colors (ex, OTV/IBA Army = Woodland and then later ACU, OTV/IBA USMC = Coyote).

So general consensus seems to be

M4A1 with various accessories

MICH 2000

DCU

Paraclete RAV

The RAV was used when? 2003 to roughly 2007? Pretty much early Iraq War period?

Bottom line seems to be that there isn't really any universally used kit for modern impressions. As was mentioned, some similar LBEs were used, but often in different colors (ex, OTV/IBA Army = Woodland and then later ACU, OTV/IBA USMC = Coyote).

I mean, I really think a RAV would be an unlikely choice for a generic sf kit. MBSS, maybe EPC, maybe 6094 or similar in khaki would probably be a lot more common.

I would say the rig that is most likely to tick lots of different units boxes is the EPC or RRV in MJK as weren't both part of the SFLCE and MLCE (I have probably got both those acronyms wrong).

RRV could work too. You'd probably rule out the marines since it is in FSBE in cb. That's part of why I think a khaki personal purchase rig might be best.

Glock is seen with SF guy (supposedly) on Red Wings photos. I believe glocks is very popular private-purchase handgun amongst SF and Rangers since the begining of OEF.

Carbine - m4a1 (maybe CQBR) with EOtech 551, scout light, peq15, crane or magpul CTR stock.

Khaki Eagle EPC/MBAV for Army style or LBT 6094 for AirForce/Navy. Tip - you can remove cummerbund from EPC to replicate MBSS/plate carrier.

Archived