• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus... I really don't think any of that is called for. I have been playing airsoft for over 15 years, I really don't feel like I need to prove that I understand being hit is part of the game. I woul

More   Gearbox and piston   Piston heads   Hop rubbers and barrel cut     Gears compared to normal v2 gear. #tankgears  

Okay, so this aeg looks nice. Never thought I'd write that again, not after the loveliness of gbb (even though gbb generally are high maintenence, when compared to a aeg) would I see an AEG as a possible buy (P90 doesn't count as that is my sex gun).

Can't wait to see some long term reports on this, as I'll consider buying one after a year. Thats normally plenty of time for any bugs to pop up, and then be rectified.

• Like 1

That's the thing though, it wasn't a badly phrased joke. It wasn't even a joke. What you wrote, in a text based medium, was an implied complaint that using the AA-12 in winter would be injurous or unpleasant for someone else to get shot with, presumably because of the 3 bbs at once deal.

If you'd meant to say "wow nice gun, I would not like to be on the receiving end" then you could have said so.

In any case, I'm leaving it here.

On topic:

I'd imagine installing a trioka of 6.01mm barrels should bump this to closer to 300 wihtout putting extra strain on the internals. Might make it less accurate, but it is a shotgun...

Tightness of the bore has nothing to do with accuracy, simply a method of tuning the fps of a gun, unless the barrel is dirty. Wide bore to go down in fps, tightbore to go up. The hop rubber and hop window cut do however have an effect on accuracy. All wide bore barrels have wider hop Windows which work better with flat hop systems because they are a more recent design , all 6.01 s because they have been around years are designed with tighter smaller Windows for the original tm design. The result is the appearance of better out of the box accuracy with wide bore barrels.

I half inched 10 mags.. I feel a little guilty now. No wait that was just indigestion. ;)

Honestly when they arrive they will get split into a million bits. It will be a aa12 massacre.

There's no part ordering for new products not till batch 2 or 3. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. Its preparation for when someone on here try's to work on there gun and invevitably duffs it :P

Tightness of the bore has nothing to do with accuracy, simply a method of tuning the fps of a gun, unless the barrel is dirty. Wide bore to go down in fps, tightbore to go up. The hop rubber and hop window cut do however have an effect on accuracy. All wide bore barrels have wider hop Windows which work better with flat hop systems because they are a more recent design , all 6.01 s because they have been around years are designed with tighter smaller Windows for the original tm design. The result is the appearance of better out of the box accuracy with wide bore barrels.

Not sure I agree. Every 6.01mm barru I've put up against a 6.05mm has proven wanting in terms of grouping sizes.

Not to mention that the PDI 6.01s have exactly the same cuts as the 6.05s, so that's not the variable at play.

In fact, even in GBB Pistols (where the barrel cuts are much, much wider than an AEG barrel) there is a noticable increase in accuracy with a 6.03 over a 6.01: As RSP1 demonstrates.

Sadly, the imagehost he's used is dead, but from memory he benched the pistol in a vice to get the groupings - one of the few proper accuracy tests I've seen in Airsoft. He also records that a 6.03 barrel grouped 50mm compared to a 6.01 at 59mm.

Furthermore, PDI themselves, who have invested a LOT of time and money into airsoft barrel development, have outright stated that in their testing, 6.01mms are for power, 6.05mms are for accuracy and 6.08mms for range.

• Like 1

Not sure I agree. Every 6.01mm barru I've put up against a 6.05mm has proven wanting in terms of grouping sizes.

Not to mention that the PDI 6.01s have exactly the same cuts as the 6.05s, so that's not the variable at play.

In fact, even in GBB Pistols (where the barrel cuts are much, much wider than an AEG barrel) there is a noticable increase in accuracy with a 6.03 over a 6.01: As RSP1 demonstrates.

Sadly, the imagehost he's used is dead, but from memory he benched the pistol in a vice to get the groupings - one of the few proper accuracy tests I've seen in Airsoft. He also records that a 6.03 barrel grouped 50mm compared to a 6.01 at 59mm.

Furthermore, PDI themselves, who have invested a LOT of time and money into airsoft barrel development, have outright stated that in their testing, 6.01mms are for power, 6.05mms are for accuracy and 6.08mms for range.

Complete disagree. As you say you've done your testing and I've done mine yet we have completely opposite results ..

I 100% believe when it comes to barrels and hop rubbers there is no one hard and fast one best route. Everyone should take what they read on the Internet forums with a bag of salt not a pinch and put in the effort to make up there own minds.

Complete disagree. As you say you've done your testing and I've done mine yet we have completely opposite results ..

I 100% believe when it comes to barrels and hop rubbers there is no one hard and fast one best route. Everyone should take what they read on the Internet forums with a bag of salt not a pinch and put in the effort to make up there own minds.

Fairy Muff. I'd be interested to see your testing and results though.

I think we can both agree, however, on your assessments on widebore barrels (6.2mm and up). Apart from dropping FPS in GBBs and P*s I've not seen anyone show convincing results to indicate they are more accurate or better for range.

In any case, back to the OT: I'm really contemplating getting one of these and doing it up in OD and black, with some sort of optic rail mount.

To that end, could someone post detailed pictures of the rear sight? I reckon you could mount something on that without fouling the cocking handle.

Here is what I have experienced when it comes to barrel size and length. I have only been to cqc so our rules were gg/co2 with a .20g only.

We cqbr stock at max of 300 fps on co2, 180'.

We cqbr with m4a1 length ra tech tbb, ml70 bucking, 350fps max, gg, 200-220'.

We pdw 8', stock 400 fps, gg, 210-20'. I lost range and accuracy when I put a ml70 bucking in this gun.

We/hk3p timberwolf, pathetic 230 fps, gg, 50'.

I upgraded the TW with a 91mm tbb, I key and a reaps a+ devil bucking.

I get about 290 fps on propane.

At best I get 60' now and I learned that reaps buckings are poo.

I got worse range and accuracy in every gun I put the bucking in.

I realize this is all moot really but what I gather.

Fps determines range buckings determine accuracy

Barrels need to be smooth

Only one of the automatic guns that actually shot a bb on every cycle was the stock pdw and m4

As soon as I changed buckings they would just fall out as soon as they left the barrel.

Now I have made sure the barrel windows were open enough so the bucking actually would do its job.

The reaps bucking has a wider patch than the barrel window and after opening the windows I never got very good accuracy at any distance from any of these guns.

This was the same bucking, not many buckings.

Now I have a modify tan in the TW but I get poor accuracy because my hopup unit screw holes are stripped. I'm waiting from tiger but who knows, they have to update their site is all I know.

Accuracy is good to hit a dinner plate size target.

But that's how I see it, sorry for the book, hope its understandable.

Edited by Alias1983
  • Like 1

That Hop unit looks crazy! 

I've got one on it's way to me... Was hoping it would arrive today, every delivery van in town has pulled up at my place for no good reason today. I'm sure they are on high troll alert.

I'll be putting videos of it up on http://www.youtube.com/magaz  when it arrives... I'll dump some photo's here too :) 

Can. Not. Wait. Like others have said, first AEG in years I've been this excited about owning... 

People claim that the BBs in wide bore barrels are less prone to hit the walls and bounce thus lowering accuarcy than in tight ones, however others say that it mainly depends on the quality of the bore and can achive good accuarcy with tightbores too.

I ordered mine from WGC since I had credit there but they haven't seem to got it yet. Also their shipping cost blow. :P

There's also the issue of consistency between manufacturers, some people might have a stock 6.08 ACM inner barrel, then upgrade to a well made expensive 6.01 tight bore, which might give better grouping than their 6.08, leading them to think the diameter is what made the difference, but could simply be because the original one was poorly made. 

Richard are you keeping one or are you butchering both? Something about that gearbox looks like a BAR... 

There's also the issue of consistency between manufacturers, some people might have a stock 6.08 ACM inner barrel, then upgrade to a well made expensive 6.01 tight bore, which might give better grouping than their 6.08, leading them to think the diameter is what made the difference, but could simply be because the original one was poorly made.

Richard are you keeping one or are you butchering both? Something about that gearbox looks like a BAR...

Both will get split for bits. My only concern would be time, it takes absolutely ages to translate the manual, list and catalog each part. So it probably won't get done straight away unless someone specifically messages needing parts. As long as everyone knows that should there be an issue with there gun in the first few months, they are in a lot better position now to get it going again than say 2 - 10 years ago.

• Like 1