• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus... I really don't think any of that is called for. I have been playing airsoft for over 15 years, I really don't feel like I need to prove that I understand being hit is part of the game. I woul

More   Gearbox and piston   Piston heads   Hop rubbers and barrel cut     Gears compared to normal v2 gear. #tankgears  

3EC4DD34-9FB3-4998-9CE8-6D74E8F06295_zps

Unfortunately a bit like the m870 in that the majority of parts are tide up in the gearbox. 35000 yen for the gearbox which is the best part of 206 quid factory price before any markups. Meaning there would have to be a lot of demand to warrant ordering 10 of those bad boys..

So don't break it haha

• Like 2

Which in turn does what to performance?

From my experience, improved accuracy. I polished the inside of the barrel on my old G&G Scar, after that it was much more accurate. Pegged a guys middle finger as he stuck it over a barricade to tell me to give up shooting at him. :P

It's pretty easy to do, but as said it's a bit of a bum time wise. I wasn't aware you could buy kits for it. I used T cut for the initial polishing and some Autoglym car wax stuff (I can't even remember what the hell it was!) for finishing it.

• Like 1

From my experience, improved accuracy. I polished the inside of the barrel on my old G&G Scar, after that it was much more accurate. Pegged a guys middle finger as he stuck it over a barricade to tell me to give up shooting at him. :P

It's pretty easy to do, but as said it's a bit of a bum time wise. I wasn't aware you could buy kits for it. I used T cut for the initial polishing and some Autoglym car wax stuff (I can't even remember what the hell it was!) for finishing it.

If you have a way to put the barrel on a lathe, that would be the way to go, so you hone the inner barrel evenly.

Just got mine this week and got a chance to use it today, only downside is it has typical marui plastic, but overall quality of engineering and the metalwork is great. What are people using for mag pouches on these? Redwolf has shown them in tacos but they look an agonisingly tight fit!

Edited by Scholesy

(pic deleted for space)

Unfortunately a bit like the m870 in that the majority of parts are tide up in the gearbox. 35000 yen for the gearbox which is the best part of 206 quid factory price before any markups. Meaning there would have to be a lot of demand to warrant ordering 10 of those bad boys..

So don't break it haha

Thanks for sharing! For some reason, I was expecting this bad boy to have a lot more parts. Not saying that it doesn't have plenty already...

If you have a way to put the barrel on a lathe, that would be the way to go, so you hone the inner barrel evenly.

That's polishing, not lapping, AFAIK. As per HS5's video, lapping is supposed to be done along the length of the barrel, so that you get a longitudinal finish, rather than around the circumference of the barrel.

• Like 2