• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus... I really don't think any of that is called for. I have been playing airsoft for over 15 years, I really don't feel like I need to prove that I understand being hit is part of the game. I woul

More   Gearbox and piston   Piston heads   Hop rubbers and barrel cut     Gears compared to normal v2 gear. #tankgears  

Pretty sure I paid 315, can't remember exactly .. So I would be retailing about 375. But 100 is a safer markup for uk shops to cover, warrantys and etc. Not to mention the initial batch is limited.

If I just dropped 5 - 10k on getting a bunch of guns in .. Yeah I would want some return.

Pretty sure I paid 315, can't remember exactly .. So I would be retailing about 375. But 100 is a safer markup for uk shops to cover, warrantys and etc. Not to mention the initial batch is limited.

If I just dropped 5 - 10k on getting a bunch of guns in .. Yeah I would want some return.

I think the £100 on top for shipping and warranties is fine - based on an initial outlay of about £300 including shipping (though, at retail, not wholesale) it's only a 33.3% increase in price.

However, £435? That's amost double. Get, as they say in the north, tae *fruitcage*

If we took the eHobby price it's actually not too unreasonable. If everything was done officially, the import cost is probably worse than Airsoft World.

£278 ($420 x 95% = $399 ) + £63 ($90 shipping) + £13.50 (Parcel Ransom Charge) + £55.6 (20% Duty / VAT) : £410.10 

That's using Google rates, when paying through PayPal, that's likely going to increase with their conversation rates. 

Good to see a UK retailer being competitive with Asia by offering £345. 

Edited by blobface

some of the bigger UK retailers are selling these so cheap they are making about a fiver per sale, just to get the sales over other retailers. no names etc for reasons.

This is an open public forum not a fascist one run by Zero One. Name away...  

If we took the eHobby price it's actually not too unreasonable. If everything was done officially, the import cost is probably worse than Airsoft World.

£278 ($420 x 95% = $399 ) + £63 ($90 shipping) + £13.50 (Parcel Ransom Charge) + £55.6 (20% Duty / VAT) : £410.10 

That's using Google rates, when paying through PayPal, that's likely going to increase with their conversation rates. 

Good to see a UK retailer being competitive with Asia by offering £345. 

Last parcel I got through ransom charge was a mere £8.50.

Equally Paypals rate isn't that far off the spot rate usually out by around 2% but I expect that is to cover their own currency costs opposed to making money. Just be sure to choose 'Paypal will convert currency" or if you fancy saving some extra cash use the Revolut Mastercard, free to own and uses the genuine interbank spot rate saves around 20p on the £1 when spending overseas against the highstreet bank rate.

Edited by bankz5152

So, what we're saying is the price ehibbyasia is selling at, is the same price land warrior has to pay? That implies ehibbyasia makes no profit on each sale?

Reasoning:- ehobby buys from manufacturer at a price that makes sense to , and so they can make a profit (no profit means staff and rent etc don't get paid). So what ehobby charges for said product isn't what they paid for it. Otherwise, with that business model of no profit sales, they'd go tits up within a month.

Every shop I've every had dealings with has a mark up. They buy from manufacturer, then put on top an amount that covers their overheads.

If a retailer in the UK is only making £5 per unit sale, I'd be very worried if I was an employee.

Given the timing of the release, I would wager that most UK retailers would have paid for their stock when the pound was at it's lowest for over a year against the dollar and the yen. It's only just now now beginning to recover. The dollar against the yen on the other hand (what I guess most HK retailers are paying in) has not suffered nearly as much.